Constellation (Zodiac) Pets

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
rock5

Re: Constellation (Zodiac) Pets

#41 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:29 am

A couple of things to note.

1. I'm pretty sure now that the UI does not interfer with targeting when using the bot, so I don't hide it anymore (I like to see the +6s scroll by). If you want to stop hidding it too then comment out or delete this line around line 182.

Code: Select all

RoMScript("UIParent:Hide()")
2. I've been testing different ball sizes with the assumsion that at a certain value it is already full size. I set BallSizeToClick to 1.5 and was still getting all +6s and got my highest score to date, 425. Then I put it to 1.0 and got mostly +2s. Tried 1.2 and got and even higher score, 438. Even at 1.1 I got just +6s. I think the reason for the higher scores is, it is clicking them earlier so the next one comes sooner, so more balls in total.

So, important, everyone set BallSizeToClick = 1.1 and and don't change it. There should be no need to.

ps. Best score so far 455 with time set to 50 and ball size set to 1.1. It wasn't even a perfect run. Lost 1 or 2 balls.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kkulesza

#42 Post by kkulesza » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:47 am

rock5 wrote:How do you get 16 a day? I could only run it once per character.
you get 4 elements when you start game, and 3 universal components when you hit 360 points.You can exchange universal components by talking with npc on the bridge. 1 universal component = 4 elements + 1 carft certificate. Alltogether you get 4 + 3 * 4 =16.
rock5 wrote:From what I understand you get the first Universal Component at around 105, the second around 210 and the third around 360. So if it is possible to get another it will probably be around 500 which might not be possible.
First universal component i get after 120 points not 105. 2nd and 3rd are afte 210 and 360 just like you wrote.
rock5 wrote:Does lowering the view distance, lower than the default minimum of 400, make a noticable improvement?
Yes it does. It enhances my FPS rate a lot. But i have weak PC. If You have strong PC then there might also be no improvement at all.
rock5 wrote:I'm sure the view distance has no affect on the bot detecting mobs, it just affects the scenery. I don't know if the balls count as scenery but I suspect the bot should be able to 'see' anything it need to interact with, even if the view distance is set to 0. On second thought I suspect the view distance only affects whats seen on the screen and not any of the games mechanics.
Well i've tested the distance and if it is lower then 160 then i get -2 points instead of +6.
I suspect that bot cant see the floor so it cant cast the skill on the floor.
rock5 wrote: So once you get a pet crystal you start leveling it up? So at each level you can still use the pet?
Basicly:
Pet crystal + elements = Newborn pet
Newborn pet + more elements = adult pet
Npc at varanas bridge gives you more detailed info.
rock5 wrote:So it gives a 3h buff once a day.
Yes. But it is 3h in its Newborn phase. We still don't know how long it is in adult and legendary phase. Maybe also 3h, maybe more, maybe 3h but more thean once a day. IDK
rock5 wrote:1. I'm pretty sure now that the UI does not interfer with targeting when using the bot, so I don't hide it anymore
True but hiding it improves FPS rate.
rock5 wrote:Even at 1.1 I got just +6s. I think the reason for the higher scores is, it is clicking them earlier so the next one comes sooner, so more balls in total.
I think so too. I found ballsize=1,15 best for me.
rock5 wrote:Best score so far 455 with time set to 50
My ping is 31, but when i set time to 100 or lower i get messages "already casting" and miss some balls

lisa

#43 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:12 am

I noticed with your version the bot still casts all normal skills, maybe I was getting the "pause" because of it trying to do a skill cast event repeatedly?
Probably better to use a basic profile for it, rather than the usual ones that do all sorts of stuff.

Basically the whole screen would freeze for 1-2 seconds and then resume, so not just waiting for balls. Never did it with my version but mine never left onload so it never did any skill casts or anything.

Not sure what else I can tell you /shrug
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

kkulesza

#44 Post by kkulesza » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 am

After getting rid of some models i could go down to this :
PauseBetweenCasts = 65
BallSizeToClick = 1.05

New record 468, but still only 3 universal components
Attachments
craftmachine.zip
Put it inside: ..\Runes of Magic\model\element\common\prop
(666 Bytes) Downloaded 189 times

rock5

#45 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:45 am

kkulesza wrote:1 universal component = 4 elements + 1 carft certificate
Ah. I never noticed the extra elements when I tried exchanging the Universal Components. I should learn to pay attention.
kkulesza wrote:It enhances my FPS rate a lot. But i have weak PC. If You have strong PC then there might also be no improvement at all.
Still, it might improve cpu usuage when running multiple clients. Can't hurt I guess.
kkulesza wrote:I suspect that bot cant see the floor so it cant cast the skill on the floor.
Ah, there is that. You can't click a surface you can't see. If it helps, I set the camera distance to 150, the maximum value. But that would be from the focus point which is near the characters head. You would have to add the characters height, which I don't know, and account for the extra distance of the back ones because it's slightly at and angle.

Btw, I'll be adding that nice little feature to the camera class as 'camera.Distance' and a function 'camera:setDistance(dist)'. I don't think there is even an API for that.
kkulesza wrote:Yes. But it is 3h in its Newborn phase. We still don't know how long it is in adult and legendary phase.
I would suspect that the luck rate just goes up. I doubt the duration or anything else will change. We can hope nut I doubt it.
kkulesza wrote:My ping is 31, but when i set time to 100 or lower i get messages "already casting" and miss some balls
At fifty (and 100 too actually) I get 'Already casting' messages too but so far my best scores are with time set to 50 (this is for a 50 ping server) even if it misses 1 or 2. My last highest score was 462. Didn't miss any and with time set to 50 and size set to 1.1.
lisa wrote:I noticed with your version the bot still casts all normal skills, maybe I was getting the "pause" because of it trying to do a skill cast event repeatedly?
Probably better to use a basic profile for it, rather than the usual ones that do all sorts of stuff.
Normally skills are not an issue as if you have buffs to apply it will do them before it starts. Maybe you have some onskillcast or preskillcast code causing the pause. But you're not actually casting skills during the game. Not sure. Does it get the pauses if you use a default frofile?
kkulesza wrote:BallSizeToClick = 1.05
Yeah I suspect anything greater than 1 will work but short of using 1.0000000000000001 I thought 1.1 was adequate.
kkulesza wrote:New record 468
Grrr.. 462 is my highest.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#46 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:40 pm

Yeah was deff the profile events causing the issue, made a profile just for this event and was fine.

hit 405 score, did my first reward hand in and got some boss furniture thing =(
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#47 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:31 am

Just got a 7day mount from the reward thingy lol

rock5

#48 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:03 am

I'm looking forward to trying to get my pet on the rom4u server. Currently downloading the patch. About 43% done in 4 hours. I make that about another 6 hours to go. Ouch! I wish they would find a better way of doing patches.

Eggman1414

#49 Post by Eggman1414 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:57 am

Not sure what I did (if anything) one day I was getting a score of 360, now today, I couldn't hit a single ball. It was targeting the top left of my screen and would not target any of the balls. I re downloaded the script and didn't change a thing and it was still just throwing the skill shot to the top left.

kkulesza

#50 Post by kkulesza » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:21 pm

rom4u used to make torrent releases of a "ready 2 play" client. But they've stopped at verison 4.0.5 or so.
That's a pity because original runewaker installer sucks because of error it generates.
I have rom installed on 2 PCs, both full client. At client 4.10 i had problem on one PC. I was falling down and seen white screen when i've entered new instance.
So i've compared files on both PCs.
I was suprised that every fdb and wdb file had different size. Some files had diffrences going up to 1 GB!
I believe that those errors in installation process are responsible for 99% client crashes.

Now back to original topic :)
I was thinking about universal components.
IDK if this element converter minigame is a part of crafting event or is a permanent minigame.
If it is a part of crafting event then we don't know if univiersal components will be exchangeable for elements on next event or next zodiac.
So is it better to exchange every univerasal component hoping to have enough elements to make legendary pet before the event will end.
Or is it better to collect those universal components until we have enough to make legendary pet and exchange them at future zodiac.
IDK.

rock5

#51 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Eggman1414 wrote:Not sure what I did (if anything) one day I was getting a score of 360, now today, I couldn't hit a single ball. It was targeting the top left of my screen and would not target any of the balls. I re downloaded the script and didn't change a thing and it was still just throwing the skill shot to the top left.
Strange, sounds a bit like maybe some addresses are wrong. Is your bot installation ok? No red or yellow icons next to any of the files?

Eggman1414

#52 Post by Eggman1414 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:37 pm

rock5 wrote:Strange, sounds a bit like maybe some addresses are wrong. Is your bot installation ok? No red or yellow icons next to any of the files?
Yeah double and triple checked everything, everything has a green check mark, and I reran "fix addresses" and still did the same thing. I have to toy around with this. I saw in an older post you had in big red letters to change the config file for the ball size to 1.1, should I do that or try to get it to work with the normal settings?

rock5

#53 Post by rock5 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah 1.1 is the best setting as you still get +6 points and have the most time to click it. I guess it is possible that if your ping was good the other day you got good scores but now your ping is worse so now you get bad scores.

I suggest you first set the ball size to 1.1 and, if that doesn't work or doesn't work enough, try increasing the time. Lisa said she had to set the time to 500 to get good scores on her server.

lisa

#54 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:49 pm

kkulesza wrote:I was suprised that every fdb and wdb file had different size. Some files had diffrences going up to 1 GB!
I believe that those errors in installation process are responsible for 99% client crashes.
the rom updater just adds to the current files on PC. So if you have edited versions of the model file for example it will just "add" the new content to your file.

It is very important to always put all the files back to default before updating any patches.
Lisa said she had to set the time to 500 to get good scores on her server.
Yeah that was an issue with the profile events, I changed it to 150 when I used a generic profile. I never used it on private server though.

kkulesza

#55 Post by kkulesza » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:30 pm

lisa wrote: the rom updater just adds to the current files on PC. So if you have edited versions of the model file for example it will just "add" the new content to your file.
1. I didn't edit any fdb/wdb file. I jut have model folder but updater doesn't update that.

2. By diffrences in files i meant something like this:

PC-A: file texture0.fdb = 1,29 GB
PC-B: file texture0.fdb = 1,75 GB

Both clients have the same verison :)

lisa

#56 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Yup that is exactly what I mean.

My files will be nothing like other peoples files because I have forgotten (many times) to put the default files back before a patch.

If you have used Rock's model thingy in userfunction section then you have used edited files. Just an example.

So in my case I first downloaded the game almost 2 years ago, since then I have had many many patches and each patch "adds" to the files on my PC and doesn't check the files are what they should be.

My texture0 is 1.077 GB

Eggman1414

#57 Post by Eggman1414 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:45 pm

rock5 wrote:Yeah 1.1 is the best setting as you still get +6 points and have the most time to click it. I guess it is possible that if your ping was good the other day you got good scores but now your ping is worse so now you get bad scores.

I suggest you first set the ball size to 1.1 and, if that doesn't work or doesn't work enough, try increasing the time. Lisa said she had to set the time to 500 to get good scores on her server.
Yeah not sure what the problem was, i did an svn update and then fix addresses, but it fix it self I guess. I got a 481 with the ball size at 1.1 and the time at default. I will mess around with the time and see if I can get it higher. Thanks anyway, and just want to tell you that you are doing a fantastic job, with all of the programming and your help with this community, keep it up. I am trying to do a couple of way points (not as sophisticated as yours). :D :D :D

lisa

#58 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:24 am

Well I decided to get myself one of these pets, so I set up 2 accounts to farm the ticket things. So 16 chars doing the event each day, so reward hand in each second day.

So 30 odd hand ins later I get the gemini pet, yaaaay. It was aswell as the reward item, so it's just a chance to proc regardless of items you get.

Made the baby pet and who knows how long til I can make an adult one lol
was like 240 items from memory, so what 2 weeks?

rock5

#59 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:49 am

Aren't the certificates bound?. How does doing the game with your alts help?

lisa

#60 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:32 am

rock5 wrote:Aren't the certificates bound?. How does doing the game with your alts help?
I don't play rom even on my mains anymore, more chars = more chance to get the pet thing, it took 30odd tries so that would be 2 months of just 1 char.

I just wanted it in order to get it, I'll never use it lol