Bot freezes after clearing target

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
CrazyGuy

Bot freezes after clearing target

#1 Post by CrazyGuy » Sun May 06, 2012 7:48 pm

So ive got a problem with the bot. Downloaded everything fresh from the site, followed lisa's instructions in her sig, etc... turned on the debugging to see if i could find out what exactly is happening.

The problem is thus, occasionally when the bot is running and it just freezes up (would guess its stuck in a loop somewhere?). In the game the system menu just shows up, then exits out. Over and over again till i come back. It only seems to happen occasionally after the bot reports "Clearing target." Bot stops responding to everything (but doesn't crash) which usually leads to a mob coming up and killing me while im standing there. Any idea on what could be causing this? Or a possible solution to the problem?

CG

rock5

Re: Bot freezes after clearing target

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:50 am

The system menu continuously opening and close can only mean one thing, that the bot thinks an edit box has focus and ESC and GetKeyboardFocus():ClearFocus() isn't clearing it. I don't know under what circumstances that could happen.

How long was bot running for? Were you running a script that has teleports or relogs? Were you doing anything else with the pc at the time?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

CrazyGuy

#3 Post by CrazyGuy » Mon May 07, 2012 5:46 pm

Running the bot totally vanilla except for the UseGoodie and catchcavy function. Nothing else was running at the time, i had thought it was that maybe the computer hd was going to sleep because quite a few times it was after 15-20 minutes, but today it happened after an hour and a half (after i had changed the sleep settings on the computer).

Edamh

#4 Post by Edamh » Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 am

Are you using a warden? I've found that this sometimes happens when I use a warden with a pet.

Sagebane

#5 Post by Sagebane » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:04 pm

Sorry to bring up a somewhat older post, but I was wondering if this issue was resolved.

I am having the same System Menu spam, but not after the bot has been running. It starts right after the bot posts the "Ranged Skill Found:" message when I first try to run rom/bot.

A little background on what I have tried already...

I did multiple SVN updates and rom/updates, neither helped.

I have followed the instructions on Lisa's signature multiple times.

I've deleted the bot macros in-game multiple times at various stages.

I have the game on two separate computers. One works flawlessly, so I did a fresh RoM install on the computer with the issue, then copied the micromacro folder and interface folder over from the computer that works.

Nothing seems to help. I have to be overlooking something, but I just can't figure out what.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 pm

try removing all addons except the ingamefunctions
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:30 pm

Just to let you know, this issue was finally resolved recently. The issue was caused by the edit box flag being wrong just after starting up or changing character. Recently I set it to reset the edit box flag as soon as the player address changes so the edit box flag should always be correct now.

Yeah, so... addons can interfer with macros working, especially ExtraActionBars, so do what Lisa said.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Sagebane

#8 Post by Sagebane » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:42 am

I emptied the addons folder of everything but the ingamefunctions folder and am still having the same issue.