Character spins in place

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
s018mes

Character spins in place

#1 Post by s018mes » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Ever since a patch that occurred sometime in the last month, my bot can not run for hours without an problem anymore.

Symptom: Character spins in place in an infinite loop.
When: occurs frequently after a loading screen into a new zone or instance.
Result: I have to stop the bot, and manually move character around to stop spinning. Restart bot.

Attempt to Fix: I tried putting the following code in several waypoints around when the character is moving through the instance's portal:

Code: Select all

yrest(30000);	
	player:update();
Assumption: Bot is lagging due a recent patch change? My computer still is running strong. So it has to be with a change in the relationship between the client and bot.

Question: What setting in the bot could I change or add to solve the problem after a loading screen?

rock5

Re: Character spins in place

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:36 am

The problem is, no one else has reported such a problem so it might be unique to you. So it's hard for us to figure out what is wrong. Also note that the game has changed over that time so it might not perform as well as it used to. For example, other users have reported that they can't run as many clients at the same time as they used to.

I'm also having to add a 3 second wait, followed by a player:update(), after every waitForLoadingScreen() because of issues I'm having on the rom4u server.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

silinky

#3 Post by silinky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:21 am

the character usually spins when the bot stops when spinning the bot. for example when i close the bot while doing a spin, the char spins forever. UNTIL i press the spin button on my keyboard for the same direction he is spinning. then it stops.

so i think you don't have the waitforloadingscreen in your script, and when he changes areas, while the bot is turning your char, he remains like it forever.

just an idea.

imaginethat

#4 Post by imaginethat » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:20 am

I have also noticed in the last couple of weeks that I get back to the bot and it is doing a 360 slow camera pan of the bot. It is always at a change channel. the thing is, it works fine 9 out of 10 times, but sometimes just get bot never stands up again. I have added a jump at the end of the channel change function, but that does not always fix it.

silinky

#5 Post by silinky » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:24 am

try instead of jump, to make it sit down and up. it helps with thesuicide function when also the char remains there sleeping on the floor.

Ego95

#6 Post by Ego95 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:58 pm

The thread is maybe a bit old, but I know a solution. I had exactly the same error a few minutes ago. Then I remebered, that i had just installed the addon "ExtraActionBars". It's an addon which gives you extra slots to put your skills or bufffood in. You can't use makros in these extra action bars. So I think he did the makro test in one of these action bars. I've deactivated the action bars and restarted the bot. Everything works fine again :)

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:48 pm

AlterEgo95 wrote:Then I remebered, that i had just installed the addon "ExtraActionBars".
that addon actually removes the keypresses from the game and replaces the keypresses you make with the corresponding in game function so that it can monitor keypresses.
As to why the addon needs to monitor keypresses is unknown as in order to do what it says it does it doesn't need to do that.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual