684 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
lisa

684 Changelog

#1 Post by lisa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:19 am

Added some skills to database.
fixed buff check for buffs with no duration, like rogue hide.

Added in a profile option for casting skills if mounted.

Code: Select all

<option name="DISMOUNT"		value="true" />  <!-- true/false .. if true then it will use skills while mounted  -->
default is set to the previous behavior of casting skills while mounted.
Set to false if you don't want skills to dismount you. Since it is a profile option it can also be changed in WP as needed.

Added swim address to addresses.lua

Don't remember if there was anything else lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

gloover

Re: 684 Changelog

#2 Post by gloover » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 am

Big thanx to you and rock for DISMOUNT option.

One thing I've forgot - one more Elite-Skill for Warrior/Warden
[code]
<skill name="WARRIOR_BATTLE_CREED" id="494624" mana="30" type="buff" buffname="505208" target="self" />
[/code]

could u add this one to the next rev.

Thanx.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:55 am

I sometimes think it would be good to have a mount option that stays mounted.

Example, lets say you want to mount at waypoint 2 and dismount at waypoint 10. It would be good if you could set some variable at waypoint 2, eg.

StayMounted = true
then within the main bot loop and movement loops it checks to see if it should be mount. eg

if StayMounted and not player.Mounted and not player.Swimming then
    player:mount()
end
Then at waypoint 10 you'd set it back to false.

This way, if anything causes you to dismount, eg. fighting, casting a buff, swimming, it will mount up again as soon as possible.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:15 am

hmm not sure I would go that way.
Me personally i rarely use mount in my usual WP as most of them are farming items or things like malatina's. So checking for possible mounting in the main loop probably wouldn't benefit me much. I am only 1 person though.

So basically if done the way you suguest you would use

StayMounted = true
in the waypoint and then it will mount and also remount if for some reason it gets dismounted.

At the moment you would just use

but doing this won't remount if dismounted for some reason.

So main difference is that it would remount.

So maybe look at reasons that would get you dismounted.

1. Cast a skill or use a potion
2. Get attacked but you get hit enough to cause the dismount, a single attack usually won't dismount you.
3. You gather an item, harvest or just quest item either will dismount you.
4. Hmm I can't think of another, there must be more though.

Discussions
is taken care of at the moment by the profile option i just added.

I think you would want to fight back in most cases if knocked off, it takes 2 seconds to remount? if a mob can knock you off your mount that 2 seconds might be enough to kill you maybe?

In this case I think you would deffinately want to remount but in order to harvest or gather an item you also need to have code to tell it to do so, so not a big stretch to add player:mount() after the code.

I think what you propose is deffinately neater and may be more useful if other things are added like harvesting on the fly without having the harvest code at coords.

Can also make harvest/quest WP easier as wouldn't need to constantly use player:mount(). Generally though quests requiring multiple items gathered are usually in same area so mounting between each gather wouldn't help.

I am kind of in the middle on this 1, could go either way and still be happy lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 am

1. I think in most situations, if not all, you would want to wait till you get to your destination before using a skill or potion. So that's good. Although, I would have thought the main issue is when you set the waypoint type to travel, so that you don't dismount if you aggro monsters, it should also not dismount to cast skills or drink potions.

2. I've never seen a character get knocked of a mount. If the type is set to travel I would expect it not to dismount but maybe someone will want to use 'run' so it fights back. In that case it would need to mount again afterwards. With this option it would do it automatically. Obviously it shouldn't mount while in combat. I should have added that also. So

if StayMounted and not player.Mounted and not player.Swimming and not player.Battling then
end
lisa wrote:in order to harvest or gather an item you also need to have code to tell it to do so, so not a big stretch to add player:mount() after the code.
True, but this option would do it automatically.
lisa wrote:Can also make harvest/quest WP easier as wouldn't need to constantly use player:mount(). Generally though quests requiring multiple items gathered are usually in same area so mounting between each gather wouldn't help.
You could turn on mounting when running around turning in quests etc. , then turn it off while harvesting. Easy.

Also I probably wouldn't use a variable like that. I'd probably use functions eg. "MountUp()" or "SetMounted()" or "StayMounted" and "Dismount()" or "OnFoot()" or "SetDismounted()". The function would change the vaiable.
lisa wrote:I am kind of in the middle on this 1, could go either way and still be happy lol
In the end it doesn't hurt to have it. If you don't use the option then it wont do anything.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Darkonnian

#6 Post by Darkonnian » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:48 am

Hi. I don't know if I write in the right forum, but when I tried to use rombot today I had an error:

C:/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/memorytable.lua:7: bad argument #2 to 'memoryReadIntPtr' ,number expected, got nil>

Updated rombot: rom/update lua
svn updated scripts/rom folder
copied ingamefunctions, deleted from ROM/interface/addons, then pasted in
restarted micromacro and RoM

Don't know if I did something wrong or "memorytable.lua" is incorrect. Pls help me on this one. TY!

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:43 am

up to revision 686 now

kanta

#8 Post by kanta » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:32 am

[quote="rock5"]I sometimes think it would be good to have a mount option that stays mounted.
[/quote]

I really like this idea.

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:02 am

kanta wrote:I really like this idea.
with latest revision it will only dismount when using attack skills, damage and damage over time. So if you want to stay mounted no matter what then just change WP type to travel and since it won't use any damage skills then it won't dismount.

So it will never dismount you to cast a buff anymore.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:01 am

The beauty of the idea is you could use type="RUN" for example and if it gets aggro then it will kill the mob then mount up again. Or if you swim through water it will mount up again on the other side. Or if you harvest or click something that makes you dismount then it will mount up again.