657 Changlog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

657 Changlog

#1 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:02 pm

ChangeLog:
  • Improved targeting hugely. Before we were freezing the TargetPtr in memory way too long. Now it just does "freeze/click/unfreeze". So I expect greatly reduced crashes.
  • Added player.Stance and player.Stance2. They are 2 values that reprecents the motions and posture the character is in. Player.Stance is mainly possitions that interfere with movement and casting such as sitting or kneeling. player.Stance2 is mainly movements that are purely decrative such as the random movements the character makes when standing still, emotes such as waving and dancing and the pose when harvesting. There will be little use for this but I already have plans to use it.
  • You can now use Slash commands directly in RoMScript. Although 'SlashCommand()' is a simpler function and probably preferable for slash commands.
  • Fixed camera zoom in/zoom out glitch when using quick turn. This is totally unrelated to the fixes for the patch but I got the urge to fix it and it was easy so I added it in as a bonus.
  • Now correctly reads which hotkey is assigned to "Show title/guild" The previous version correctly read it but then set the macro hotkey to VK_9 anyway.
  • Added more error messages. Should help guide users on what to do.
  • Fixed various bugs here and there. I'm sure there will be more. Let me know if you find any.
Known issues:
  • It's supposed to setup the 'Attack' skill automatically to the action bar but I forgot to fix something. So for now, you will have to add the 'Attack' skill manually to the action bar or add the following line to your profile. Doesn't matter what key you make it.

Code: Select all

<hotkey name="ATTACK"        modifier="" key="VK_9" />
  • My MRC_Optimized script is having trouble collecting eggs and occationally hens. I'll have to fix it. I plan on using the new 'player.Stance' to help me. :)[/color]
Instructions for updating:
  • 1. Shut down the game.
    2. Do and 'SVN Update' and 'TortouseSVN/Revert" of the 'rom' folder as usual.
    3. Copy the 'ingamefunctions' folder from the 'rom/devtools' into the games 'interface/addons' folder, overwriting the version that might already be there.
    4. Uninstall 'Extra Action Bars' addon if you have it installed.
    5. Restart the game and you're ready.
How the bot uses macros now:
  • The bot still uses the "RB Command" and "RB" macro but in a slightly different way.
    It no longer assigns the macro to an action bar key. If there is one assigned it will remove it for you.
    It now uses the 'Attack' skill instead of 'UseSkill(1,1)' in all cases so it assigns it to an actionbar key if not already on there.
    To run the macro the bot uses the hotkey that is assigned to 'Show title/guild' in the 'Key Bindings' section of the system menu. By default, this is F9. It can be any key but must have a valid key for the bot to work.
Because of the extra error mesages, if you have a problem, read the error message and hopefully you can work out what went wrong.

Enjoy.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Guest1234

Re: 657 Changlog

#2 Post by Guest1234 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:48 pm

[DEBUG] CPU Frequency 14318.18
Id 561697 not found
Id 561953 not found
Id 562209 not found
Id 529957 not found

Do I need to do update.lua ?

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:33 pm

The addresses should be up to date with the current game version. Running update.lua should change nothing. As long as you have the bot updated and there are no red icons next to the file, it should be ready to go.

'Id not found' errors occurred occationally even before the patch and are always hard to resolve. Sometimes restarting the bot clears it, sometimes it clears up on it's own. Usually they don't seem to effect the running of the bot.

I'd say, unless it is causing a specific problem, don't worry about it. I don't think they are valid ids anyway. It only becomes a promlem if it can't find valid ids.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#4 Post by lisa » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:52 pm

I put those ID's into runes database and no result, so they arn't actual skills or buffs. So not valid Id's which is why it is saying Id not found.

So yeah if it isn't affecting anything just ignore it for now. if it becomes an issue then for sure look into it more.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Guest1234

#5 Post by Guest1234 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 am

ok. Thanks. I've been having them for a while (Like you said, even before the last few patches).

I've also noticed a lagdelay in between targeting/attacking mobs.
Could it be my distance being too far?
It will sometimes target a mob, then wait, clear target and move on to another.

Didn't do that before last patch.

Just wondering as it still works.

Thanks for the awesome job guys.

Guest1234

#6 Post by Guest1234 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:21 am

Changing from Ranged to Melee in prfile fixed it.
No longer any delays.

I aded the changes you had told me to to fix the ranged / melee to change automagically depending on character class type, but I guess manual changes are better.

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 am

When using a WP with load next char and the WP requires fighting I add this to the onload of the WP.

<onload>
if player.Class1 == 1 or player.Class1 == 3 or player.Class1 == 6 or player.Class1 == 7 then
	settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE = "melee"
else
	settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE = "ranged"
end
</onload>
There are still some issues of changing classes without restarting bot.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

Guest1234

#8 Post by Guest1234 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm

I will try that Lisa.
I had something like that in my profile, but that didn't work too well.

Thx !

toxicytears

#9 Post by toxicytears » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Did all the update stuff and im getting, /pawn.lua:235: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'Address' (a nil value)

When i do the rom/bot it goes to the page where i pick the windows but does not say characters name just says (RoM window1) when in and added my character names under profiles still the same thing.

How fix?

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 pm

pawn.lua line 235 has this in current revision.

local proc = getProc();
So you obviously arn't using current revision.
Use SVN update and svn revert on your rom folder.

toxicytears

#11 Post by toxicytears » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 pm

When I do SVN revert I get "File list is empty," I am doing this on the rom folder that is not in the macro folder. Only other one I have is the rom in the micomarco but I can't do anyhting to that one.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:11 pm

MicroMacro/scripts/rom
That folder.

toxicytears

#13 Post by toxicytears » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:00 pm

For some reason im still getting the same thing. not to sure why. when I do SVN update it says it's updated but revert is still saying the same thing.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:31 am

If you do a revert and it says "file list is empty" it just means you don't have any changed files that need to be reverted. Thats a good thing. :)

toxicytears

#15 Post by toxicytears » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah nope, The bot still not working. UGH lol, Tell me you have team viewer and can see what im seeing...this is annoying.

toxicytears

#16 Post by toxicytears » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:08 pm

sorry for the double post, Got it working I had to reinstall the RoM folder and now it's working just fine. Kinda odd but hay it works. Thanks for the help.

klassik1

#17 Post by klassik1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:28 am

Hello,
Im trying to figure out what this means and this is my last resort...

Im getting an error that says:

micromacro/scripts/rom/macros.lua:325: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'hotkeysname_offset' <a nil value>

Im a noob at scripting... and i just dont know what this means... ive tried completely deleting everything and updating with svn... Ive managed to fixed different errors i get but now its on this one and im not sure what the problem is....

id appreciate if someone could help.
thank you

klassik1

#18 Post by klassik1 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:31 am

oops im sorry i posted this in the wrong section...

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Guest1234 wrote:[DEBUG] CPU Frequency 14318.18
Id 561697 not found
Id 561953 not found
Id 562209 not found
Id 529957 not found

Do I need to do update.lua ?
Just figured out a way to be 100% sure these are not valid ids. I searched in memory for these numbers using Cheat Engine. There were no results. So they are definately not valid ids.