678 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

678 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:27 am

• Fixed - Now shows the Revision number again when rombot starts. It's backward compatible so if you are still using TortoiseSVN 1.6, it will still work.
  • Fixed - When using 'range' with player:moveTo, now it moves within range instead of stopping short. It would stop short because of 'successDist'.
  • Improved accuracy - when reaching a waypoint, it now should stop within 10 instead of the 30 before. The way I did this is to have it stop looking for targets in the last 50. That made the loops faster and so I could reduce 'successDist' from 30 to 15. It usually stops within 10.
  • Improved - The bot now checks the players speed to determine the stopping distance (successDist). On foot it should be at most 10 and mounted about 15. Seeing as the stopping distance depends on how far you travel each loop and how far you travel depends on how fast you are moving, I thought it only fitting that the 'successDist' variable should depend on your speed. So if you are mounted or drunk some speed potion then 'successDist' will vary accordingly.
  • Modified - player:moveInRange is obsolete. Kept for backward compatibility. Now it uses moveTo instead of it's own code. It's obsolete because you can use a 'range' argument in moveTo.
  • Modified - player:mount() now checks to see if you are swimming before trying to mount.
  • Added - speed and swim offsets to make 2 of the above options possible. These are the same offsets used by the swim and speed hacks.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

Re: 678 Changelog

#2 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:31 am

Started cot and got this. reverted 678 and latest cot version.

Code: Select all

11:25pm - scripts\rom/bot.lua:464: onLoad error: C:/micromacro 609/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:1978: attempt to index local 'waypoint' (a boolean value)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

sdude13

#3 Post by sdude13 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 am

got this too, also problems in goblin and normal farm waypoints (char going back and forward on a waypoint and does not take next one).
revert--> all ok

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:07 am

lisa wrote:Started cot and got this. reverted 678 and latest cot version.

11:25pm - scripts\rom/bot.lua:464: onLoad error: C:/micromacro 609/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:1978: attempt to index local 'waypoint' (a boolean value)
Yeh happened to me too. There was a small bug in player.lua line 2268. "self.moveTo" is supposed to be "self:moveTo"
sdude13 wrote:got this too, also problems in goblin and normal farm waypoints (char going back and forward on a waypoint and does not take next one).
revert--> all ok
This also happened to me when I ran the sea of snow package script. If I create a simple waypoint with a few points, it doesn't do it. Looks like I was too optimistic with the successDist value. I need to do a bit more testing to see if I can avoid returning it to 30 again.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 pm

I've committed fixes to those 2 problems to rev 679.

The setting for successDist has been raised to 20. Not as good an improvement as I'd hope but it seems to be working properly now. *crossing my fingers*. Maybe I'll revisit it again in the future and try to improve it more.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

no errors for me in 679 yet ;)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

sdude13

#7 Post by sdude13 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 am

Problems on normal farm waypoints still exists.
using old revision and it works again...

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:58 am

sdude13 wrote:Problems on normal farm waypoints still exists.
using old revision and it works again...
Please explain. Are you talking about it running backand forward over the waypoint like in 678?

You can try adjusting these settings if you like, in file "player.lua".

Line 2098

local successDist = 0.4 * self.Speed -- Distance to consider successfully reaching the target location
And line 2242

successDist = 0.4 * self.Speed -- In case the players speed changed
Change the 0.4 to 0.5 or 0.6. At 0.6 it should be the same as 677.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:54 am

I've effectively undid the changes that are supposed to improve accuracy of arriving at waypoints. It was causing problems, even though I kept increasing the value of 'successDist'. So 'successDist' is now effectivelly at 30 again.

Now at revision 681.

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:27 am

Hmm I updated to 681 but the splash screen keeps saying 677.

RoM Bot Version 3.29, Revision 677
Press the (End) key to stop/pause the script.
You can resume with the (Delete) key.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:27 pm

lisa wrote:Hmm I updated to 681 but the splash screen keeps saying 677.
Um.... Um.... I don't know. Mine says 681.

Welcome to rom bot! press END to quit
RoM Bot Version 3.29, Revision 681
Press the (End) key to stop/pause the script.
You can resume with the (Delete) key.
It can play up sometimes but it always works correctly right after I do an SVN Update on the 'rom' folder.