674 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

674 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:23 am

I'm not going to go into great detail. It's not that big an update. I'll just cut and paste the comments I made in SVN.

- Finally fixed macro problems when changing character. You can even move the macros while the bot is running with no ill effects.
- Moved "look for a target before start moving" to before facing the direction you are going to move. Stops it from facing the direction to move, turning to fight something, then face the direction to move then turning to fight something else etc. Now it fights everything first then turns only once to the direction it will move.
- The bot now checks if the version if igf is up to date.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

Re: 674 Changelog

#2 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 am

[quote="rock5"]
- The bot now checks if the version if igf is up to date.
[/quote]

brilliant! that will solve innumerable headaches for everyone who sees the same problems occurring all the time.

I was just thinking of that very issue today and wondered if it wouldn't be worth having a version constant (global) in EVERY file so when you do a new version the bot has a table of the version numbers that it can compare against all the global values and therefore WARN that files are out of date (and which ones ;)

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 am

Unfortunately it can only check the igf version if RoMScript is working. So I'm not sure how useful it will be. It wont solve the "Testing ingamefunction" message that people keep getting stuck on. Hm... I should change that message to "Testing ingamefunctions. If it gets stuck here please copy the ingamefunctions... etc.".

When you do an SVN update on the 'rom' folder, all the files update. The only way to get different version files is to update individual files.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

BillDoorNZ

#4 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:59 am

true...unless for some reason your svn update fails because of a file lock or the like. I know one of the common solutions to peoples problems are to do an SVN Revert, which to me, indicates that somehow Joe User's files are getting locked on not updated due to whatever reason. Given that Joe User is too scared to touch those files themselves (in many cases) - or they've run updateaddresses and thats modified their addresses.lua file.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:11 am

I'm not sure how you can lock a file. I just tried editting a file while updating and it still updated successfully.

Changed files wont necessarily have the wrong version. SVN allows for people to be able to make changes to their files and still update without loosing their changes. It is only when those changes conflict with the changes in the commit that you have problems.

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:43 am

Couldn't you do a test macro to check if macro's work?

Code: Select all

local id = RoMScript("GetZoneID()")
if id == nil then
print("You need to update your ingamefunctions")
end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:12 am

Because RoMScript makes sure that it runs correctly, if it get's no response (such as when ingamefunctions is not installed), then it gets stuck in a loop. I can't see anyway around it unless I put a time limit in RoMScript and I don't want to do that. Just editing that message should be sufficient.

BillDoorNZ

#8 Post by BillDoorNZ » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:02 pm

Only way to check it would be to get the rom install directory via the process handle - I assume this can be done, but don't know how to do it myself.

It might even require that Admin add some more functionality to MM to expose it to the bot.

Once you have the install dir, easy enough to check that ingamefunctions folder and files are in the right place (and version).