Malatina's survival

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Malatina's survival

#41 Post by rock5 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:22 am

Here's a file I've been using to alternate between cot_tele and survivalr5 while using a relog option. Note: there is an updated version of cot_tele. Check it out.

Setup:
  • 1. Copy the 'survivalnext' file to the 'waypoints' folder.
    2. In the 'survivalR5' file set

Code: Select all

When_Finished = "cot_tele"
    3. In the 'cot_tele' file set

When_Finished = "survivalnext"
    4. In the 'survivalnext' file set "When_Finished" to either "relog" or "charlist", whichever you want to use. If using the 'charlist' option, set up the 'CharList' variable.
    5. Load your first character and start the 'survivalR5' waypoint file.
It should then go through all your specified characters doing both the survival and cot games.

Enjoy.
Attachments
survivalnext.xml
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Nero

#42 Post by Nero » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:21 am

I'll be brief as I'm at my firend's house and we're about to go to a party

This time I've tried rock5's version.
Ran it on 3 chars today, just to test it, and

- no char died so no idea whether that works

- frantic cliff demon didnt get looted

- when killing rune spirit guardians, AOE has been cast once, and if mobs were still alive, it started using other skills - some fireball, some buff etc. Dunno why that happened - purg doesn't have any cooldown AFAIK (usually shouldn't be a problem, as all those 3 chars were weak as piss, but still)

- twice it has dug out one tile out of sequence, but it didn't change anything - still finished survival correctly

Also, one time when it has finished survival, menu started flashing - but it might've been because CPU was strained at that moment

And no more problems with bot being unable to face the target! Finally

rock5

#43 Post by rock5 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Thanks for your feedback.
Nero wrote:- frantic cliff demon didnt get looted
That's the one thing I haven't tested. Still haven't had the chance to test it. What happened exactly? Did it just leave it alone or did it pause for a bit before continuing?
Nero wrote:- when killing rune spirit guardians, AOE has been cast once, and if mobs were still alive, it started using other skills - some fireball, some buff etc. Dunno why that happened - purg doesn't have any cooldown AFAIK (usually shouldn't be a problem, as all those 3 chars were weak as piss, but still)
That was intentional. With purg, you could just do purg, purg, purg etc. but a lot of aoe skills have cooldowns so you wouldn't want to be waiting for them to come off cooldown. So I had to reintroduce the other skills if the aoe didn't 1 shot the mobs. Hm... Maybe I could change it to priority based instead of sequence based like it is now. So as long as it can cast the first spell, it will. When it can't, it uses the other skills. I'll think about it.
Nero wrote:- twice it has dug out one tile out of sequence, but it didn't change anything - still finished survival correctly
That's intentional. When it finishes the first 2 rows, instead of doing a double teleport to get to the other side, it sort of does a zig zag and does tiles along the way. Same when it finishes the second set of rows.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Nero

#44 Post by Nero » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:50 am

As crazy as it sounds, I think that this script occasionally causes my PC to freeze. It has happened once yesterday but I disregarded that. Today when running survival at two chars at once (I can even run three at once, but that's pushing it - two at once is stable) had one almost-freeze (reaction time was ~20 sec, after that everything went to normal), once the game froze for about 4 mins (when I was leaving PC the timer shown that I've had about 8 mins left, when I came back and it has started to work again, it's changed to 4 mins), and once it froze and I've been unable to do anything and had to restart PC.

Is this some black magic, or there might be some infinite loop somewhere (shooting in the dark, no idea what would happen if there were)?

About the frantic cliff demon - bot doesn't seem to stop for even half a second - it appears that he's teleporting immediately after killing him

@Edit - I'm reasonably certain that it's caused by rock5's survival script - every time when two clients use it at the same time, at first it freezes RoM/micromacro (I think the first 'freeze' happens when it's digging up tiles or opening chests, seems to deal with mobs okay), and when I've paused the script in one client, the other one picked up right after and went as nothing happened. Every time that I restarted the script on the second client, and my character tried to dig a tile / open chest, both clients will freeze-up almost immediately.

I think that it might happen because it loads most functions from another file - when the script is ran from a single file, it's used from cache (I think?) - when I pause the script and change the file a bit, it's disregarding those changes and continuing the old script. In this case, it seems that when two files try to load what to do from the function repository, it causes the MM/RoM to freeze.

lisa

#45 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:32 pm

Nero wrote:when I pause the script and change the file a bit, it's disregarding those changes and continuing the old script.
All functions are loaded into memory at startup of the script, if you make any changes you will need to restart the script to make the changes take affect.

If you are using 2 instances of Micromacro with 2 game clients then there shouldn't be a conflict between the 2 as they work independant of each other.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#46 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:21 am

Of course when it reloads the waypoint file after changing character, it will reload the functions. If you were half way through editing the file and you had saved a half edited file, it will load that half edited file and might error or cause problems.

The separate file is only accessed (read) when loading the file. It loads the variables and functions into memory and never accesses it again until the waypoint file is loaded again, after a change character. I'm not 100% sure but I think 2 instances of the bot can "read" the file at the same time with no ill effects.

The bot actually can take a lot of resources these days. My nephew can just play the game but can't use the bot because it slows to a crawl. So I guess it's possible your setup just can't handle 2 client/bots at the same time. Have you run 2 bots at the same time with other waypoint files?

rock5

#47 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 am

Ok, here's my next version. I'm surprised I was still able to find ways to improve it.

Besides a couple of bug fixes, here is a list of changes:
  • When using aoe spells to clear the initial trash mobs it now does the skills in order of priority. That means if you have a spammable aoe like Purgatory Fire then it will only use that skill. If you don't have an aoe skill then it will still cast the skills in order as always.
  • Now loots Frantic Cliff Demons. (working)
  • If you restart the script in the middle of digging up the tiles, it now continues from where you left off instead of revisiting all the already dug up tiles.
Now at version 2.51
Attachments
survivalR5onload.lua
(13.07 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
survivalR5.xml
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 254 times

Nero

#48 Post by Nero » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:44 am

I am (mostly) aware how does it work - longer part of that quote is
(...)when the script is ran from a single file, it's used from cache (I think?) - when I pause the script and change the file a bit, it's disregarding those changes and continuing the old script.
I wrote it just as a back-ground info. I know that I need to start the script again when I've changed something in it. But that's not the problem, as I didn't make any changes here.

Didn't know that the second file is being loaded at the beginning only once - I thought that it might 'refer' to that file every time that r5survival needs some function from the longer file. I'm stumped then as to why it happens.

My PC is also capable of running two clients at once
(...) (I can even run three at once, but that's pushing it - two at once is stable)
so that's not it. When I run 3 clients with bot and try to start the fourth, it starts to lag horribly - never freezes like it does in this script.

I will copy the whole MM folder and try to run it once from the normal version, and once from the copy, as lisa suggested - it should take care of the problem, whatever it is.

@Edit - copied my whole MM folder, and it's still freezing up every time both clients try to dig up a tile or open chest. Argh! I have to run two different scripts... Good that I have two versions that work good enough.

@Edit2 - did not loot frantic cliff demon, although it might've been because character got knocked down just when he killed him. Waited for a second or so, printed 'clearing target' and then teleported to the next tile. Did not meet another frantic demon today, so unable to confirm

@Edit3 - call me paranoid, but I think that it's possible that someone from Frog is watching our progress and comes up with random little things that are supposed to stop us. Lately the 'big' project was the minigame, to gain shells - and from 1 (maybe 2) weeks 2-3 tiles regularly fail to load in survival, so if you fly just a bit too high (had to lower the height as to where lisa's version teleports in order to harvest those tiles) you can't harvest those tiles. Then, in CoT which has worked perfectly since I started using it ~month ago, suddently the portal has about 20% chance of not working as always, and another small change was needed. Also when relogging from char to char there's a chance that it will again ask what server you want to choose - never happened to me before. Coincidence?

Rickster

#49 Post by Rickster » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:14 pm

Hi,

my character enters the game and then "swims" at the first position.
But instead of atacking the mobs it doesnt.

I use these in the wp file for scout/warden skills:

aoeskills = {
		"WARDEN_CROSS_CHOP",
		"WARDEN_ANTI-MAGIC_ARROW",
		"SCOUT_VAMPIRE_ARROWS",
		"SCOUT_SHOT",
	}
these skills are also set in the character profile.

when time is elapsed the character gets porteted out of the game ... still swimming :D ...

any ideas of how to make my character atack and leaving the game with turned off swim hack?

Ric

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:19 pm

@ Nero

The thing is, micromacro should not be able to make the computer freeze. Even if you went into an infinite loop, it should only freeze mm. Maybe it could freeze the game but not the computer. Hm... maybe if you have a single core processor and the loop was using 100% of the processing power. Do you have a single core processor?

About @Edit3. I've never had tiles not load. They might take a moment to appear but they always appeared. SurvivalR5 would get stuck trying to get 36 tiles if a couple didn't load and print messages saying that it's the wrong number of tiles and it's trying again. Is that what happens? It doesn't eventually recover?

As to the server list poping up, I have it occationally happen but, strangely, never when botting.

rock5

#51 Post by rock5 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:26 pm

@ Rickster

'aoeskills' is supposed to be a list of "Area of Effect" skills and shouldn't be edited unless you wanted to add an aoe not listed. Still, it should have attacked. It might be something wrong with your profile. Could I have a look at it?

spawni

#52 Post by spawni » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:06 am

Hi there,
I will give lisas script a try this evening.
Some entries for diffrent languages are already made.

But reading through the code I see

local trash = player:findNearestNameOrId(101489)  -- check for trash
		local spawns = player:findNearestNameOrId(101652) -- check for spawns
		local tiles =  player:findNearestNameOrId("Treasure Tile", nil, clicktile) -- check if any tiles need opening
I use a german client - as I read the code - I think I have to rename the last entry "Treasure Tile" to "Schatzkachel" - right?
or (111811, nil, clicktile...)

Nero

#53 Post by Nero » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:26 am

I think that you'd want to change name - there are two ID's (111811 and 111812) so it would uncover only half of the tiles

Rickster

#54 Post by Rickster » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:34 am

Rickster wrote:my character enters the game and then "swims" at the first position.
But instead of atacking the mobs it doesnt.
With Rocks help I figured out that I had some

<mob name="xyz" />
entries in the character profile I am using.

Because of that the bot was looking out for this mobs but could not find them and so did not atack any other mobs in malatinas survival.

So be sure to clear the mob entries like

<mob name="" />
and use

settings.profile.mobs ={"mob1","mob2"}
in the onload section of waypoint files instead, to kill monsters on your way.

Ric

rock5

#55 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:57 am

I've noticed something while watching my characters go through survival.

I don't think the pulses from the totem are completely random.

I've noticed, 100%, if the tiles are empty then it will send out a pulse within those 2 seconds afterwards that the character waits. Also, 100%, if you dig up a bomb it doesn't pulse afterwards. Other times it's mostly random.

Anyone else notice this?

Of course this doesn't change anything. I just thought it was curious.

lisa

#56 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 am

If the tile was empty it does a special aoe, can either speed you up, knock you down or heal you. It will always do something when tile is empty. I noticed it usually also does an attack aoe very soon afterwards aswell as the random one.
I figure that it is because the wand is being called to appear then it assumes it must also do it's aoe knockdown.
No doubt just another way the developers fail.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#57 Post by rock5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:18 am

Lol. I was familiar that it says something like "heal you a bit" or "speed you up" or "scare you a little" when the tiles were empty but I never associated it with the totem pulses. It makes sense now.

rock5

#58 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:32 pm

Seems a new feature that's been implemented in the game is causing problems when targeting the mobs spawned by the tiles. I've been getting errors in game saying something like "There is an obsticle between you and your target" and it doesn't cast skills at the mob until it is knocked to the ground. Then it starts casting.

An easy fix is to add

flyoff()
just before the "player:fight()" command on line line 340 of "survivalR5onload.lua". Seems to work although I haven't done much testing.

If you have this problem, try it out and let use know if it helps.

spawni

#59 Post by spawni » Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:59 am

hmm.. since last RoM-Patch the script only works with mage/priest.
My scout gets in jumps arround and gets no target.

Maybe an issue with the "something is beetween you and target"?
Any tipp?

rock5

#60 Post by rock5 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:22 am

There have been issues regarding targeting htat have been fixed. Is your rombot upto date?