revision 587, It's a party - break out the streamers.

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
Alkaiser

Re: revision 587, It's a party - break out the streamers.

#41 Post by Alkaiser » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:38 pm

I had disabled the jump-to-cancel previously, so I guess that's why the " => * aborted * " didn't seem to have any noticeable effect.

sdude13

#42 Post by sdude13 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:05 am

Alkaiser wrote:I had disabled the jump-to-cancel previously, so I guess that's why the " => * aborted * " didn't seem to have any noticeable effect.
Where can I do that ? ;)

lisa

#43 Post by lisa » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:12 am

Alkaiser wrote:I had disabled the jump-to-cancel previously, so I guess that's why the " => * aborted * " didn't seem to have any noticeable effect.
My caster does the same thing though, it says aborted but it has no affect at all on the bot itself, it still casts the spell.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Alkaiser

#44 Post by Alkaiser » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:00 pm

sdude13 wrote:
Where can I do that ? ;)
Line 12 in player.lua

Change JUMP_TRUE = true to false

sdude13

#45 Post by sdude13 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:04 am

Alkaiser wrote:
sdude13 wrote:
Where can I do that ? ;)
Line 12 in player.lua

Change JUMP_TRUE = true to false
Thank you !

lisa

#46 Post by lisa » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:28 am

You shouldn't need to change jump to false anymore, I fixed up the code, just update to latest revision.

I am thinking of making the healer do a findenemy and with a function to purely check if anything is targeting the healer. If so then cast holy aura.

In most cases if the healer gets agro they die pretty fast, so this might help them live longer lol

What you think?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

nokirk

#47 Post by nokirk » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:35 am

lisa wrote: I am thinking of making the healer do a findenemy and with a function to purely check if anything is targeting the healer. If so then cast holy aura.
First off all, this works very nice, great job! It's very easy to handle and works great.
Casting holy aura when having aggro might occur quite often when the tank moves into a group and hasn't thrown a shield yet. Usually that would be ok, but as it is on a 5 min cooldown then you might just be needing it then. For most instances it would be ok probably.

Maybe as a "yes/no cast holy aura when having aggro" option?

lisa

#48 Post by lisa » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 am

Yeah what I added was just the basics to get people started, the real worth of what i have done is when people create their own userfunctions and call it from a WP file which is why I set it up to do just that in my default.

So people can create their own function to handle healing, ie druid or even priest for their specific needs. So you could easily have a userfunction for healing KS or DoD or which ever instance and the healer will behave to specific needs and you won't need to alter any of the actual default bot files.

I currently have mine set up to use several icons as communications for the party characters. I set a IV icon on party leader and it tells the healer to stop following until that icon is removed from leader. This allows me to have a distance break between healer and tank so as to avoid any aoe damage from mobs. You can also easily set up a pause so healer doesn't heal for 3 seconds once entering combat so tank has a chance to get threat before heals.

So there is a huge range of things that can be done, I just set up the foundation for people =)

Reaperone

#49 Post by Reaperone » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 pm

First I want to say - great job with the party bot. I wish I had half the skill with programming You've got lisa.
However, no matter how I try I could not find solution to my problems so I've decided to ask the maker.
First problem is easy to explain - every time I try to run partydps.xml I got an error: ".... /classes/pawn.lua:548: Invalid adress - it has something to do with
party icon.
The second thing is - I want to make a condition - so if char has a specific buff on, function PartyHeals() should stop and another waypoint file should be loaded.
I was fighting with the thing for a couple of evenings - no success though. All I've come with is is this little bit of code in partyhealer.xml - but it does not work :evil:
I could realy use some help here <begging>
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="" z="" y="">

repeat
local doc = true

if
(player:hasBuff("Regenerate"))
then
doc = false
end

while(doc)
do
PartyHeals()
end

until
doc == false

loadPaths("ret.xml");
</waypoint>

lisa

#50 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:48 pm

No need to beg ;)

Ok for the loading new path first thing comes to my attention is the actual loadPaths code

Code: Select all

loadPaths("ret.xml"); 
try it without the .xml

loadPaths("ret"); 
for first problem which revision of rombot are you using?

rock5

#51 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 pm

Reaperone wrote:

while(doc)
do
PartyHeals()
end
This part looks like a closed loop. If doc = true it will never leave the loop.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#52 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:15 pm

Yeah sorry I didn't have a good look, was in a rush earlier, had to get some work done.

try this

while(true) do
		if (player:hasBuff("Regenerate")) then 
		loadPaths("ret");
		else
		PartyHeals()
		end
	end

using a heal over time as a key to do another WP seems like it might have issues, unless in the ret.xml WP the first thing you do is cancel the buff, then it might be ok. I assume at some stage you will want to PartyHeals() again and if you load this code and still have the regenerate buff you can get stuck in a loop until the buff runs out.

Reaperone

#53 Post by Reaperone » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Big thanks for a swift answer guys. Unfortunately it seems to work partially. New waypoint file is getting loaded but char just keeps following party leader.
Does not stop healing either. I will play with it some more, read about how lua works. Shall succeed with it one day (I do not give up that easily :)

Dsanchez

#54 Post by Dsanchez » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:33 am

Hi, I'm giving this a go for the first time and the problem I'm having is that 90% of the time the party leader doesn't put the mark on the mob. Anyone else?

Thanks

lisa

#55 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:44 am

if the party leader is run by a bot and you have

<option name="PARTY"			value="true" />
		<option name="PARTY_ICONS"		value="true" />
In profile then it will always 100% mark target with the I icon, if it isn't then there is another issue. Like maybe the hp check, in which case you will need

<option name="PARTY"			value="true" />
		<option name="PARTY_ICONS"		value="true" />
		<option name="PARTY_INSTANCE"	value="true" />
note that the default profile has the party code commented out with <!-- -->

Dsanchez

#56 Post by Dsanchez » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:54 am

Yes, they were commented out. Weird that it was still marking sometimes. All is working good now. This is an awesome script.

Thanks =)