remove spell effects, update?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

remove spell effects, update?

#1 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Ok, feel free to give this a try. add the contents of the zip to your runes of magic folder

My FPS went from 30 with spikes to 5 (old remove spell effects)
To now doing 50-90 (new remove spell effects)
same zone, killing same mobs.

Be warned, I did notice portals can't be seen or used, ie transport portal rune. You can just move or remove the model folder from runes of magic folder, you will then have to restart the game altogether to go back the way it was, can't just to a reloadui.

Not sure which of the files is the texture for it as they don't just label them, portal rune.ros

--=== Edit ===--
Please delete old folder and use this one, there were issues with crashes and some files in the previous version.
Attachments
lisaremovespelleffects.zip
added in the black stuff from butterfly land
(344.45 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
Last edited by lisa on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

Re: remove spell effects, update?

#2 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 pm

well I have the automated make blank files done, just need to populate a table with the info from memory now.

batching blank files looks like this, just need to create the folder structure for it to save to. takes just a minute to do that.
Attachments
model.lua
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:49 pm

with 3 clients running and botting my fps used to spike from 40 to 5 regularly. I updated with the 20 odd new ones I found and now sits on 30-40 the whole time, can't wait till we can update all the new fx. will make the bot run so much smoother =)

Won't be as pretty to play but meh I can live with that lol

kanta

#4 Post by kanta » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:02 am

So... I would put this .lua in my addons folder and it does the file creation? Or are you going to release a patch file?
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:19 am

I think you would put in in the rom folder and run

Code: Select all

rom/model
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#6 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 am

When I eventually get my head around trying to find the files in memory I will just upload a zip file that can be added to your client folder.

That file I added was just to show how I was intending to deal with making the blank files. I still need to get the actual file names from memory, which I am struggling with.

I did the first 200 manually, took me ages and from doing searches in memory I have come up with far to many results to do it all manually.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am

lisa wrote:I did the first 200 manually, took me ages and from doing searches in memory I have come up with far to many results to do it all manually.
Can't you just extract them from model.fdb? I just did that. I found there were 2602 files in total in the skill folder. Then you could just do some sort of dos dir command to list all the files to a text file.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 am

that sounds a lot easier then what I have been trying to do lol
I haven't played with fdb files so it didn't even occur to me.

Any chance you got the list printed while you were there ;)

lisa

#9 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:16 am

k got it extracted from fdb, lol so easy.

This will pick up about 10 fps just on its own
nor_bodypick_star.ros
I am guessing that is the stupid star sparkles when a corpse has loot lol

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:26 am

I still got the folder so I'll post it. The problem is getting it in a format you can use. If you have trouble with this, let me know and I'll try try to get the printout different.
Attachments
list.txt
(197.59 KiB) Downloaded 250 times

Edamh

#11 Post by Edamh » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:08 pm

If you're looking to prioritize the roll out of this functionality, I would beg you to add the models for the Xaviera area to the top of your list (if possible to select which models). Frogster really needs to change the name of that area from Inferno Gardens to "Infernal LAG Gardens." If the dailies were not worth 219K each, you couldn't pay me enough gold to go back there.

Then again, if it were not for the lag in there, I would not have been frustrated enough to research and to find the suggestion for the instadeath-nodebt code.

Thanks.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:42 pm

Well I did about 90% of the model.fdb now. Main focus was on skills, I didn't worry about boss skills.

I have been searching and searching and I can't find the stupid black stuff found in butterfly territory.

I have looked through most of the .fdb files aswell. The hard part is the names in the file tend to not match the names in the game. I think this is because of translations from the german client to english but either way it's a pain.

Like howling mountains is called wailing mountains in the files.

As for the remove spell effects what I have seems stable so far.

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:24 pm

posted what I have in first post.
I don't know which of the files is the portal model, wish they would just name them what they are lol
if anyone figures it out please post which it is.

Edamh

#14 Post by Edamh » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:23 am

Not sure if the following will help, but someone on the RoM forums found how to remove the spell effects from those lag circles.

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 am

I'll test it out, they are saying the model is saved as
model/fx/skill/boss_skill/loyen_jeer
never ever would have guessed that name lol

Yup confirmed that is the model for the annoying black stuff that sends FPS to the floor.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:58 am

I'm not really interested in removing spell effects but I'd love to remove that one.

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 am

This will just get rid of the black stuff in butterfly land
Attachments
butterfly.zip
(702 Bytes) Downloaded 231 times

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:13 am

Oh, you only need to do that one file? I did all 5. Doesn't matter I guess.

jason404

#19 Post by jason404 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:43 pm

Really nice job. I've tested it out and came back with good results, boost in 10/20 fps.

I've tested this in Redhill Mountain and noticed that ROM keeps crashing. My solution was to delete the particle system folder. You may want to look into that.

Also just a suggestion you could remove the spell effect for Scarlet Love potion.

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah I was pretty unbiased when I added the files.
I had issues with trying to work out what the skills are actually for by the name because the names just don't match up with anything, that black stuff in butterflies is a perfect example. It's listed as a boss skill for some boss names loyen_jeer.

I haven't messed around with redhills and the removespells yet, i'll look into it

Thanks for the feedback =)