More then 10 hotkey skills

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Merlin

More then 10 hotkey skills

#1 Post by Merlin » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:59 am

Hello,

this one sounds like an noob one, but I don't really find an answer to it.

I would like to use more then 10 skills but the profile with the hotkey="VK_X" is limited to 9. Is there a way to use more skills? There is propably a solution on the forum already, but I tried to search for it and can't find it.

Is there a way to use skills without the hotkey parameter directly using their name?

Please for an example how to do it.

THANKS!

squeekthegeek

Re: More then 10 hotkey skills

#2 Post by squeekthegeek » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:44 am

what you could do is assign skills to a new skill bar and bind keys to it(e.g.: skill x = alt + 11, skill 12 = alt +2)

all you gotta do after is add a line in your profile with that particular skill

Code: Select all

<skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL" modifier="VK_ALT" hotkey="VK_1" priority="110" hpper="60" />
where urgent heal is the skill you put in the skill bar set to cast when you press ALT+1

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:07 am

I just go to the in game menu, key bindings and change the bindings in the upper action bar to j, v , y , i , f
then in profile use

hotkey="VK_J"
Make sure in the profile you use capital letters.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:41 am

Merlin wrote:Is there a way to use skills without the hotkey parameter directly using their name?
Yes. Use hotkey="MACRO". eg.

<skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="120"  hpper="60" />
For this to work the skill needs to be listed in skills_local.xml and have a translation for your language.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

RicalEyl

#5 Post by RicalEyl » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:16 pm

This is actually the much easier way... cant you just define if there is no hotkey it tries it with macro
so the profile looks like this:

<skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL" priority="120" hpper="60" />

kanta

#6 Post by kanta » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:44 pm

rock5 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Is there a way to use skills without the hotkey parameter directly using their name?
Yes. Use hotkey="MACRO". eg.

<skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="120"  hpper="60" />
For this to work the skill needs to be listed in skills_local.xml and have a translation for your language.
So what you are saying is if you set the MACRO option, you do not need to assign a hotkey to it? It will be cast in a skill rotation? Does it need to be put on the hotbar and/or does the location need to be put in the skills file like skilltab="2" skillnum="2"?
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

Mushroomstamp

#7 Post by Mushroomstamp » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:06 pm

kanta wrote:So what you are saying is if you set the MACRO option, you do not need to assign a hotkey to it? It will be cast in a skill rotation?
Yes
kanta wrote:Does it need to be put on the hotbar and/or does the location need to be put in the skills file like skilltab="2" skillnum="2"?
Sounds like you're confusing an in-game macro, with the bot MACRO command. All you need to do is set your skill hotkeys to "MACRO", as Rock5 posted, and the bot will cast the skills you define as you've prioritized them.

s018mes

#8 Post by s018mes » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:53 pm

Mushroomstamp wrote: Sounds like you're confusing an in-game macro, with the bot MACRO command. All you need to do is set your skill hotkeys to "MACRO", as Rock5 posted, and the bot will cast the skills you define as you've prioritized them.
Is it possible to spam an in-game macro using the bot? I am not sure how to set it up either in a profile to use a particular in-game macro like say every 5 seconds or in a waypoint file.

kanta

#9 Post by kanta » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:56 pm

Thanks for the info Mushroom. I was indeed confused a little by that.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

Mushroomstamp

#10 Post by Mushroomstamp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:13 am

s018mes wrote:Is it possible to spam an in-game macro using the bot? I am not sure how to set it up either in a profile to use a particular in-game macro like say every 5 seconds or in a waypoint file.
Set up your in-game macro and put it on your action bar on a hotkey. Add the skill to your profile calling it whatever you want, and defining it under whatever hotkey you have placed it. I.E.;

<skill name="WARRIOR_YOURMACRO" hotkey="YOURASSIGNEDHOTKEY" priority="80" />
Then add the skill to skills.xml and you should be all set;

<skill name="WARRIOR_YOURMACRO" range="150" cooldown="10" />
Last edited by Mushroomstamp on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

s018mes

#11 Post by s018mes » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:32 am

Mushroomstamp wrote:
s018mes wrote:Is it possible to spam an in-game macro using the bot? I am not sure how to set it up either in a profile to use a particular in-game macro like say every 5 seconds or in a waypoint file.
Set up your in-game macro and put it on your action bar on a hotkey. Add the skill to your profile calling it whatever you want, and defining it under whatever hotkey you have placed it. I.E.;

<skill name="WARRIOR_YOURMACRO" hotkey="YOURASSIGNEDHOTKEY" priority="80" />

I put in my Profile: <skill name="PRIEST_LOOT" hotkey="VK_5" priority="110" />

But when I loaded rombot I got the error: PRIEST_LOOT is not defined in the database.

EDIT: NVM, I figured that out very quickly, I just added the skill to the skills database and BOOM it works! I love it. Thanks

Mushroomstamp

#12 Post by Mushroomstamp » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:33 am

Sorry... I should have put that in my first post... fixed now.