Allmost foolproof KS run

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
harbifm

Re: Allmost foolproof KS run

#101 Post by harbifm » Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 pm

can you explain how this script work , I know it invite alt, which should have autoaccept,

then it goes into KS and collect drops from inside.

but, what does the alt do then ? stay outside?? (assuming some one runs the script and leave it for 2-3 hours)
does the alt collect? can the alt auto follow and collect and farm to using addtional script? if that is true where is that scirpt/macro? and to make work without human input?

from experince. what is the best way to do it? assuming level 55 with good equipment, with an alt, level 35, do you have to have 2 empty pags, or 3, 4 (with luck potion offcourse)?

lisa

#102 Post by lisa » Tue May 31, 2011 12:24 am

the point of the other character is so that the instance can be reset. You can take 1 single character into KS, kill lots of trash, get lots of loot and leave and sell. Trouble is when you go to enter it again all the trash is still dead.

So you have 2 characters and make a party, when you leave the party and form another party then the instance is reset and you can kill trash again. So the other character just needs to be able to accept party invites, it doesn't need to do anything else.

As for bag space that is up to you, the more bag space you have the more you can kill before needing to exit instance to sell loot in order to empty bag space again. If you can't solo the first boss then the normal 2 bags you get with any character will probably be enough.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

harbifm

#103 Post by harbifm » Tue May 31, 2011 3:42 am

[quote= "So you have 2 characters and make a party, when you leave the party and form another party then the instance is reset and you can kill trash again. So the other character just needs to be able to accept party invites, it doesn't need to do anything else..[/quote]

so the other charecure does not need to even enter KS?
if that is true, problem sovled, I coudl leave him outside, and leave him there for ever.

Giram

#104 Post by Giram » Tue May 31, 2011 3:57 am

The other character can be anywhere. The party needs to be done before entering instance. If you inv character to party while you are inside instance then it won't work. I use my egg farmer to establish party.

OneofMany

#105 Post by OneofMany » Tue May 31, 2011 8:32 am

Giram wrote:Do you mind if i take that boss selection from your ks waypoint? I would include that to my cyc waypoint i would probably release that at somepoint.
Ofcourse i dont mind, if i would mind, i wouldnt share it all :)
Its not about cheating. Its about being smarter than the game...

lisa

#106 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:33 am

It's starting to look good =)
Great work so far, if I might suguest something for user friendliness.
Any time you want people to change something in a file you share, make it easy for them. Putting the part that requires changing near the top of the file is generally a good thing.
2 ways to do it efficiently

1. is to use variables such as

Code: Select all

partycharacter = "Charname"
Then at the code where you do the party invite use partycharacter

2. Is to have the entire code near the top and do it in a function

function joinparty()
	while not RoMScript("UnitExists('party1')") do
		sendMacro('SendChatMessage("keyword", "WHISPER", 0, "Charname")'); -- for use with Come On In addon
        --sendMacro('InviteByName("Charname")'); -- to invite other character, it needs an autoaccept ability
        yrest(4000)
    end
	end

function bagspace()
	if inventory:itemTotalCount(0) == 13 then    
    sendMacro("LeaveParty();");
     yrest(4000)
    waitForLoadingScreen(); 
    player:update();
    __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("rerun"));
    end 
	end
Then at the appropriate place in the rest of the file you just call the function required.

<!-- # 125 --><waypoint x="2786" z="1426">	bagspace() </waypoint>

<!-- # 210 --><waypoint x="-15147" z="11542" y="136" tag="rerun">
    joinparty()
Both ways can work very well depending on the situation, doing them both can also work very well.
For this situation I'd just use the 2nd way =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#107 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:43 am

Functions are good but I'd still use the variables. Consider my egg script. How easy is it that all the options are grouped together at the top?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#108 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:11 am

rock5 wrote:Functions are good but I'd still use the variables. Consider my egg script. How easy is it that all the options are grouped together at the top?
yeah I've been copying that style with a lot of the things I do now =)
Very nice and easy to read and change things you want to change, which is the both 1 and 2 option together =)

OneofMany

#109 Post by OneofMany » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 am

Funny thing i allready had the charname variable on top in my new version :)

the bagspace and the partyinvite function i will look into :-)

really appreciate the help im getting here :)
Its not about cheating. Its about being smarter than the game...

BallerB0i

#110 Post by BallerB0i » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 pm

rock5 wrote:I use invitedbyfriend but to use the Training Certificates I had to change line 64 of InvitedByFriend from

invitepopup = StaticPopup_Visible("PARTY_INVITE")
to

invitepopup = StaticPopup_Visible("PARTY_INVITE") or StaticPopup_Visible("HONOR_PARTY_INVITE")
Hi I'm a little bit new but I tried changing this in my invitedbyfriend but it doesn't seem to work. Does it still work for everyone else?

rock5

#111 Post by rock5 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:31 pm

I haven't used it for awhile but what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? What did you do and what happened?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

harbifm

#112 Post by harbifm » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:48 am

does the script specify which backbag to sell?

lisa

#113 Post by lisa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:07 am

harbifm wrote:does the script specify which backbag to sell?
Nope it is set in your profile, luckily for you it is also in your revision of the bot.

As I have said before please post your requests/questions in the topic I created just for your server. The link is in my signature...
There will be quite a lot of the current bot functions which you cannot use.

harbifm

#114 Post by harbifm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:22 am

dear lisa

I posted there but it seems that I can not due to moderator has to approve, and did the post yeasterday, when the modarator is going to approve?? why not keep it open???
can you change that sitting so I can post my questions there whithout waiting for apporvals

lisa

#115 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:25 am

You can't make new topics but you should be able to reply to the topic I linked, if not then admin will have to recheck the settings.

did you try to reply or make new topic??

when looking at that topic it should say down the bottom right
You can reply to topics in this forum

harbifm

#116 Post by harbifm » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:34 am

no lisa , it does not prevent me from replaying, it is says your replay will be posted when moderator apporves

so, many repalyies i put there but have not been posted

if you are making special thread for us, why you are keeping it montiored for approvals???

lisa

#117 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:44 am

=( well in that case it seems it isn't working as it was intended to, I will ask admin to have a look at the permisions and such to deal with the situation.

BallerB0i

#118 Post by BallerB0i » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:45 am

rock5 wrote:I haven't used it for awhile but what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? What did you do and what happened?
I actually got it to work. It was a problem with the addon not updating until I uninstalled it and re-installed it back in.

Thanks!

nerf

#119 Post by nerf » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:06 am

I have a problem, since today one of my characters can not sell the items to the NPC, any suggestions?

lisa

#120 Post by lisa » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:18 am

Do you also get messages on MM window saying "table not found"