Making clients lighter by hiding UI

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Giram

Making clients lighter by hiding UI

#1 Post by Giram » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:46 am

I saw one post on rom forums that rom UI is heavy and i tested that my self and got 50-80% more fps and by doing this it will reduce cpu usage while game is minimized. While UI is on i have 10-30 % cpu usage and when UI is off its 5-15%. So, does hidin UI affect on some rombot functions and if not where could i add it to other than waypoint to hide UI when bot starts?

For example doing elf dailies and changing char automaticly will restore UI.

Ram usage remains same by doing this.

And if someone want's to try it just press ctrl + x to show fps and ctrl + z to hide UI while ingame.

rock5

Re: Making clients lighter by hiding UI

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:27 am

This has been discussed before and I believe the main problem with disabling the UI is with any functions that deal with frames, such as talking to npcs, accepting and completing quests maybe even loot frames. I'm not sure which functions are affected but it does interfere so for most it is not an option. But it might work ok for some really simple waypoint files. It would be best to test each waypoint file to see if they work with the ui off.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Giram

#3 Post by Giram » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:34 am

Ok, i just place that to waypoints then and test how it works. I have now elf waypoint running and it works just fine on this one also egg farming works.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:38 am

It was awhile back when I tested this last. It might have been the mailing functions that didn't work. My memory is not what it used to be. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:05 am

I've been running several clients for last 24hours using the hideUI trick. I didn't notice anything not do what it was meant to.
Varying tasks, some farming, some questing, some party lvling.

FPS would go from 55 to 120 =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Alkaiser

#6 Post by Alkaiser » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:24 pm

The bot seems fine without the UI, but addons like AutoInvite and lootomatic (auto-drop) don't seem to work properly.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Alkaiser wrote:The bot seems fine without the UI, but addons like AutoInvite and lootomatic (auto-drop) don't seem to work properly.
Ah.. I have lootomatic. Maybe that was it. I just remember something didn't work.