Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

#181 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 am

lackaffe99 wrote:hm...
it works now but i dont now why
thank you :)
*sigh of relief*
durriej wrote:I reinstalled SVN, the bot and all.. Followed the directions you posted exactly.. and it still says the same thing over and over again without accepting the quest, the bot also moves me a fairly decent distance from the NPC while doing so.. Screenshot attached.

"We Successfully target NPC Jenna Miller and try to open the dialog window." Use MACRO: Executing RoMScript "AcceptQuest()" Clearing Target."
I'd given up on you but it's come to my attention that some people use scripts to start their bots that include an "update". How do you start your bot? Does your addresses.lua have a red or green icon next to it after trying to start the bot?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

durriej

#182 Post by durriej » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 am

rock5 wrote:
*sigh of relief*
durriej wrote:I reinstalled SVN, the bot and all.. Followed the directions you posted exactly.. and it still says the same thing over and over again without accepting the quest, the bot also moves me a fairly decent distance from the NPC while doing so.. Screenshot attached.

"We Successfully target NPC Jenna Miller and try to open the dialog window." Use MACRO: Executing RoMScript "AcceptQuest()" Clearing Target."
I'd given up on you but it's come to my attention that some people use scripts to start their bots that include an "update". How do you start your bot? Does your addresses.lua have a red or green icon next to it after trying to start the bot?
I start my bot with "rom/bot.lua profile:default"

Well I hope you haven't given up on me lol, I haven't on this script. I'd really love to get it to work. And it's Green Icons on everything. I noticed that it seems to not target the NPC, hens or feed bags. However If I accept the quest manually, it goes to the feed bags and just stands there doing nothing, if I gather some feed manually, it goes to the hens and does nothing, if I click on the hens manually, it goes to the hen house and does nothing.. etc..

lackaffe99

#183 Post by lackaffe99 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:11 am

durriej wrote:
rock5 wrote:
*sigh of relief*

I start my bot with "rom/bot.lua profile:default"

Well I hope you haven't given up on me lol, I haven't on this script. I'd really love to get it to work. And it's Green Icons on everything. I noticed that it seems to not target the NPC, hens or feed bags. However If I accept the quest manually, it goes to the feed bags and just stands there doing nothing, if I gather some feed manually, it goes to the hens and does nothing, if I click on the hens manually, it goes to the hen house and does nothing.. etc..
igf is installed?
maybe you should change your rom settings to default?
what client language you use?

rock5

#184 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:57 am

durriej wrote:I start my bot with "rom/bot.lua profile:default"

It is definitely a targeting problem but I can't figure out what it is.

I'm clutching at straws now.

Is your game client version 3.0.8?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

durriej

#185 Post by durriej » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:22 pm

rock5 wrote:
durriej wrote:I start my bot with "rom/bot.lua profile:default"

It is definitely a targeting problem but I can't figure out what it is.

I'm clutching at straws now.

Is your game client version 3.0.8?
Yeah game version is 3.0.8

durriej

#186 Post by durriej » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

I figured out the problem. I had to Enable "Click to Move". Seems to be working flawlessly now.

Jetset

#187 Post by Jetset » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:09 am

Hi,
after the last update my bot doesnt work anymore. Now i set it up complete new.
The bot starts but he only run from waypoint to waypoint without taking the quest and feed the chickens.
After i did the SVN update the adresses.lua was green but any time after i started the bot he returns to red. Is that the problem? And how i can fix it?

Greetings

Jetset

lisa

#188 Post by lisa » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:48 am

rock5 wrote:it's come to my attention that some people use scripts to start their bots that include an "update". How do you start your bot? Does your addresses.lua have a red or green icon next to it after trying to start the bot?
Jetset if the file is green before starting and turns red after starting then you must have an automated rom/update.lua in the way you start the bot.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Jetset

#189 Post by Jetset » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:29 am

I get it back to work. thanks.
Before i start the bot with this batch file:

@echo off
START micromacro.exe scripts/rom/bot.lua update path:MillersRanchEggs

it was inclouded in the old version what i downloaded. Now i start ii with the micromacro exe. So i only need to delete update? like this?

@echo off
START micromacro.exe scripts/rom/bot.lua path:MillersRanchEggs

I belived that "update path" was one command :D I didn't know that he start the update.lua with it.

Anyway ...thanks a lot for your quick answer.

nerf

#190 Post by nerf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:59 pm

I move my post to the right place, I have a error when trying to use the bot on the farm, my character just follow waypoints, the error is [string "..."]:3 attempt to call global 'getQuestStatus' (a nil value)

rock5

#191 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:46 am

nerf wrote:I move my post to the right place, I have a error when trying to use the bot on the farm, my character just follow waypoints, the error is [string "..."]:3 attempt to call global 'getQuestStatus' (a nil value)
Sorry, is it just following waypoints or are you getting an error?

getQuestStatus is a rombot function. It should not be nil unless used wrong. Have you been messing with the functions.lua file?

RCarlos

#192 Post by RCarlos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:33 am

I have a simmilar Problem, take a look at the Screenshot
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot

rock5

#193 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 am

RCarlos wrote:I have a simmilar Problem, take a look at the Screenshot
There is another thread for that script. This thread is for my scripts only. Go to
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=1931

RCarlos

#194 Post by RCarlos » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:03 am

Oh, i'm so sorry, Downloadet the wrong sript, but now installed yours and it works fine! Thank you very much

Tamyra

#195 Post by Tamyra » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Okay, I love this idea, and think everything you have posted thus far is so easy to follow for a noob like me, but for some reason I keep getting the following error:
scripts\rom\bot.lua:3: C:/Program Files/micromacro/scripts/rom/addresses.lua:111: unexpected symbol near '<'
not sure what I'm doing wrong, maybe you could lend an assist?

rock5

#196 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:26 pm

What you have is a conflict. What I think has happened is you edited addresses.lua before I released the fixed version to svn. Then when you did an update you got a conflict. What this often does is add xml type comments in the file and in an lua file this causes errors.

You can tell you have conflicts because the icon next to the file will be yellow and there might also be other files such as

Code: Select all

addresses.base
addresses.529
addresses.original
I don't remember all the names.

To make a long story short use the usual trick. Just right click 'addresses.lua' and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert".

Tamyra

#197 Post by Tamyra » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:30 pm

I would, but when I right click on it, I do not get a "revert" option. Oh wait, never mind, found it FINALLY!! :P

It's working!! Woohoo!! You're awesome thanks!

appleagent

#198 Post by appleagent » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:07 pm

hi
at first,thank you for this script,its great :)
but i have i little problem with it,somebody talk here about it before i think,
but i dont know if its solved:
it can happen that the hens becoming unclickable,the eggs dont do that
what can i do against it?
sometimes its after 5 minutes,sometimes after 5 hours...

i hope you can help me,thanks :)

rock5

#199 Post by rock5 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:11 pm

The golden egg script I'm working on at the moment ignores stuck hens and eggs but it doesn't work well. Eventually it ignores ones that are still clickable. So I'm still working on it. There's nothing I can do to make them clickable short of leaving the zone and entering again.

swietlowka

#200 Post by swietlowka » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:01 am

it will be easily solvable with the autologin addon imho