Eggs

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: Eggs

#201 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 am

extremeuser wrote:i am using 1.2 egg script and updated the ingamefunctions via svn also. Chicken quest still not working, insisting on collecting feed, runs back to npc then runs back to collect feed again. I deleted the whole folder and done a clean svn update, same result
Can you type the following ingame and tell me what it prints.

Code: Select all

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(igf_questStatus("An Easy Lay?"))
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Starrider

#202 Post by Starrider » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 pm

did they fix the Goldegg exploit? I still got with the same script I ever use only one golden egg..

thetestdummy

#203 Post by thetestdummy » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:24 pm

no its still working

extremeuser

#204 Post by extremeuser » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm

I even done a new profile etc...so I did start again technically.

after typing the above into micromacro i received

cannot open scripts\/script.lua: No such file or directory

Missing a file? I havent accidently deleted anything etc. Might download micromacro again in case to check

Just a note also if i load up one of the original egg scripts, eg at the start of this thread, it farms eggs fine... not as good as what the new script will do, but it does work. Something with the new svn update doesn't like the new egg script 1.2 on my pc...

rock5

#205 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:59 pm

extremeuser wrote:after typing the above into micromacro i received

cannot open scripts\/script.lua: No such file or directory
You didn't read the post properly. I said "type the following ingame".
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

extremeuser

#206 Post by extremeuser » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:03 am

says 'complete'.

Ive done new profiles, new svn folders the works, doesnt like me.... Everything is now updated to the latest, yet when doing eggs, all it does is run to the feed, farm the 3 pieces of feed of so, run back to npc whom gives egg quest, doesnt initiate anything, then runs back to gather feed again.

It doesn't initiate anything with npc in regards to quest, doesnt feed chickens nor goes to farm the eggs.

Seems im only one getting this problem, yet as i said i deleted everything and restarted it, even new profiles and chars. if i do an old egg script, seems to work, yet everyone reporting new egg script is fine....

Trying to find the info but cant, wondering if this is a isolated issue, can i downgrade the svn to a working one

rock5

#207 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:40 am

extremeuser wrote:says 'complete'.

Ive done new profiles, new svn folders the works, doesnt like me.... Everything is now updated to the latest, yet when doing eggs, all it does is run to the feed, farm the 3 pieces of feed of so, run back to npc whom gives egg quest, doesnt initiate anything, then runs back to gather feed again.

It doesn't initiate anything with npc in regards to quest, doesnt feed chickens nor goes to farm the eggs.

Seems im only one getting this problem, yet as i said i deleted everything and restarted it, even new profiles and chars. if i do an old egg script, seems to work, yet everyone reporting new egg script is fine....

Trying to find the info but cant, wondering if this is a isolated issue, can i downgrade the svn to a working one
I think somewhere you are not doing what you think you are doing. Old scripts shouldn't work with the newest ingamefunctions and the newest 1.2 script shouldn't work with the old ingamefunctions. The old egg script you you say works for you, can you paste it here please as I don't have a copy of it?

extremeuser

#208 Post by extremeuser » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:32 am

this is the original file that still works with latest svn. new egg script '<!-- Rock5's Millers Ranch Chickens run Version 1.2 -->' is the one im having problems with. since the new svn update lol. as i said i deleted everything and started over and just having problems and i seem the only 1. i updated ingamefunctions in runes of magic folder too.
Attachments
chicken.xml
(5.21 KiB) Downloaded 215 times

rock5

#209 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 am

extremeuser wrote:this is the original file that still works with latest svn. new egg script '<!-- Rock5's Millers Ranch Chickens run Version 1.2 -->' is the one im having problems with. since the new svn update lol. as i said i deleted everything and started over and just having problems and i seem the only 1. i updated ingamefunctions in runes of magic folder too.
That's not one of my files although it has a few of my elements. It's simpler and looks a bit messed up but if it works then use it. I've run out of ideas as to why my script doesn't work, except for 1 idea. Someone else had a similar problem and it turned out to be because they didn't put the sacks in slots 1 to 60. Did you move them somewhere like the the Transmuter for example?

extremeuser

#210 Post by extremeuser » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:19 pm

i think slightly modified it but yeah its no where near as good as the later releases which stopped working with new svn update. And nope got like 500 hp pots etc in inventory, not transmutor. Ohwell i keep checking but cant run anything atm

zin40

#211 Post by zin40 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:47 pm

I had to do a complete fresh install today. Had similar errors but works fine now. The only issue i have is avg saying lua51.dll has a trojan. and yse i got all files from here. I dont really care because the character I am using was hack in mass hacking on our server and they never returned anything to me.

extremeuser

#212 Post by extremeuser » Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:47 am

i might do a fresh install myself, as i deleted everything, and redid everything, even downloaded micromacro again. new svn checkout on a empty folder, and new profiles, and SAME problem. i will reinstall windows now and try again, if doesnt work im gonna try downgrade the svn causing me problems

rock5

#213 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:50 am

extremeuser wrote:i might do a fresh install myself, as i deleted everything, and redid everything, even downloaded micromacro again. new svn checkout on a empty folder, and new profiles, and SAME problem. i will reinstall windows now and try again, if doesnt work im gonna try downgrade the svn causing me problems
I wouldn't waste time reinstalling Windows.

Do you use the latest version of the game on your server? I think the current version is 3.0.2.2214. The reason I ask is because I think the function I use to check the quest status (GetQuestRequest) is relatively new. If you are using the latest version of the game try this command to verify that the function works.

Type this ingame and see if it works. Make sure you have at least 1 quest in your Quest Log;

Code: Select all

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(GetQuestRequest(1,-2))

extremeuser

#214 Post by extremeuser » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:11 am

tells me the quest name with a ? on it. It doesnt even try to target the npc tho so its not to do with the quest, doesnt target npc to try, doesnt target chickens to feed etc. Well starting the reinstall anyway, figured need a clean start on everything anyway lol.

rock5

#215 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:26 am

extremeuser wrote:tells me the quest name with a ? on it. It doesnt even try to target the npc tho so its not to do with the quest, doesnt target npc to try, doesnt target chickens to feed etc. Well starting the reinstall anyway, figured need a clean start on everything anyway lol.
It wasn't supposed to do anything but show a quest name. I got you to run it just to make sure it works. Good luck with the install.

MiesterMan

#216 Post by MiesterMan » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:30 pm

rock5 wrote:
extremeuser wrote:this is the original file that still works with latest svn. new egg script '<!-- Rock5's Millers Ranch Chickens run Version 1.2 -->' is the one im having problems with. since the new svn update lol. as i said i deleted everything and started over and just having problems and i seem the only 1. i updated ingamefunctions in runes of magic folder too.
That's not one of my files although it has a few of my elements. It's simpler and looks a bit messed up but if it works then use it. I've run out of ideas as to why my script doesn't work, except for 1 idea. Someone else had a similar problem and it turned out to be because they didn't put the sacks in slots 1 to 60. Did you move them somewhere like the the Transmuter for example?
Could you put your files on the first page of the thread? I'm having a hard time finding them. :oops:

Edit: Also a link to those instructions for how to get the latest updates using svn. If possible another program? I had a bunch of problems with tortoise since it pretty much implemented itself everytime I opened a folder. :? I've still got hidden svn folders on my external HD.

Edit 2: SO OH EMM GEE I DON'T EVEN NEED THE WINDOW IN FRONT TO HARVEST ANYMORE!!! I thought you guys were still working the bugs out on this. AWOSME!!!!!!

rock5

#217 Post by rock5 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:02 am

MiesterMan wrote:Could you put your files on the first page of the thread? I'm having a hard time finding them. :oops:
I can't put them on the first post as this is not my thread. Maybe I'll open a new thread just for my scripts.
MiesterMan wrote:Edit: Also a link to those instructions for how to get the latest updates using svn.
Ok I'll add a link to those instructions.
MiesterMan wrote:If possible another program? I had a bunch of problems with tortoise since it pretty much implemented itself everytime I opened a folder. :? I've still got hidden svn folders on my external HD.
As far as I know Tortoise SVN is the best SVN software out there for Windows. I'm not sure I understand your problem. It should only add hidden folders to folders you checkout a svn project to.
MiesterMan wrote:Edit 2: SO OH EMM GEE I DON'T EVEN NEED THE WINDOW IN FRONT TO HARVEST ANYMORE!!! I thought you guys were still working the bugs out on this. AWOSME!!!!!!
Yes, it definitely is AWOSME. :)

Triora

#218 Post by Triora » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:34 pm

who can post an updated xml file, please ?

I tried the one downloaded here http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=1377

but I get this error

jduartedj

Lucky Eggs

#219 Post by jduartedj » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:22 am

I gather the following statistic:

the appearace /drop rate of golden eggs is 6%, for every 1000 eggs collected this way 60 are golden, so for every 333, 20 are golden. I was wondering if using a luck potion or luck sigil or luck anything would make a difference? Even the pet's luck skill! if this were to be increased by lets say 2 percent it WOULD make some difference! Also I know that rogue or scout has a luck skill.... I still wonder about its bot uses!
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

swietlowka

Re: Lucky Eggs

#220 Post by swietlowka » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:54 am

jduartedj wrote:I gather the following statistic:

the appearace /drop rate of golden eggs is 6%, for every 1000 eggs collected this way 60 are golden, so for every 333, 20 are golden. I was wondering if using a luck potion or luck sigil or luck anything would make a difference? Even the pet's luck skill! if this were to be increased by lets say 2 percent it WOULD make some difference! Also I know that rogue or scout has a luck skill.... I still wonder about its bot uses!
my droprate was always around 3-5% gold form all... maybe it server related?
what scout luck skill u mean? i have a scout and never seen such a skill...
i would be glad if someone tested how much more eggs u get if use pot or skill or whatever ;)