Uberflex replacement

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: Uberflex replacement

#21 Post by rock5 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

Administrator wrote:

Code: Select all

local target = player:getTarget();
player:checkSkills(false, target);
I'm confused. Even though I don't understand all of checkSkills, it looks like it only accepts 1 argument. Is what you wrote correct?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Administrator
Site Admin

#22 Post by Administrator » Sat May 01, 2010 6:49 am

You're right, CPlayer:checkSkills() only accepts _only_friendly. CSkill:canUse() accepts two. It's a simple fix.

player.lua:368:

function CPlayer:checkSkills(_only_friendly, target)
player.lua:377:

local target = target or self:getTarget();
That should work. Let me know if it doesn't.

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Sat May 01, 2010 11:15 am

Administrator wrote:You're right, CPlayer:checkSkills() only accepts _only_friendly. CSkill:canUse() accepts two. It's a simple fix.

player.lua:368:

function CPlayer:checkSkills(_only_friendly, target)
player.lua:377:

local target = target or self:getTarget();
That should work. Let me know if it doesn't.
I didn't work. It still attacked. But then I had a look at it and thought "_only_friendly -- false" shouldn't that be the other way around? And sure enough, changed it to true and it now works.

So now I replaced player:rest() with this, added checkPotion as well and player:update() as you suggested. Everything now seems to be working as intended.

I was wondering if it would help people if I edited the first post and added an intro to this script and attach the script there? Or maybe you think this is useful enough to add to rombot? :D
Attachments
RBAssist1.1b.xml
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Administrator
Site Admin

#24 Post by Administrator » Sat May 01, 2010 11:54 am

I'll add it once it has been tested and/or revised a bit more.

Perk

#25 Post by Perk » Sat May 01, 2010 2:45 pm

I am a complete novice,, i have figured some fo this stuff out by doing a lot of reading,, and effectively ran rombot for several months...
something occured to me about uberflex acs when i was reading in the rom forums,, someone added a macro that would trigger it,, and it would function normally as long as you spam the macro.. (one button playing)

would it be possible to have rombot trigger said macro x times per second which would effectively make ubberflex work as it did??
(I liked the simple funtionality of uberflex in that it would check for a buff and then act accordingly..)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as other people have mentioned, Uberflex still works just fine, it just won't work with out tapping a key now. make a macro for
Code:
/script SimpleTimer1_EventHandler()set it to slot 1 on your keyboard. tap number 1 on your keyboard. Simple. No, it won't tap it for you anymore, oh well.

(I could set up a macro on my gaming keyboard that could do this but it would not allow me to dual-box.. if done with rombot it would only be spamming on the correct game instance and would do so even if the game screen did not have focus.. ??

just thinking.. does this make any sense at all ??? :P

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Sat May 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Perk wrote:something occured to me about uberflex acs when i was reading in the rom forums,, someone added a macro that would trigger it,, and it would function normally as long as you spam the macro.. (one button playing)
Actually I thought of that too and even mentioned including uberflex itself in a solution in another post, but because I was of the opinion that rombot attacks better than uberflex, never followed that idea through.

The reason I thought rombot was better, even though uberflex is more versatile, is because I have an attack sequence (Bone Chill, Lightning, Icewind Blade, Rising Tide), which uberflex nearly always fails to lightning the mob before it reaches me but rombot nearly always succeeds. So I think it's faster.

But, yes I agree, this is a good question and for some might be a better solution. And should be really easy to implement. Something like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
	<onLoad>
		while (true) do
			-- keyboard command here
			yrest(200)
		end
	</onLoad>
</waypoints>
Except I don't quite follow the keyboard commands. But Administrator should be able to fill in that line easily.

Perk

#27 Post by Perk » Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 am

The reason I thought rombot was better, even though uberflex is more versatile, is because I have an attack sequence (Bone Chill, Lightning, Icewind Blade, Rising Tide), which uberflex nearly always fails to lightning the mob before it reaches me but rombot nearly always succeeds. So I think it's faster.
in uberflex did you have ice wind and rising tide set to not cast unless lightning is on target? (and lightning only cast if bc is present) jsut wonderin..

I have set up uberflex now and am using a gaming keyboard to spam the script.. Uberflex is working far better than it did using the ingame timer. My rogue skills are definately coming off far faster this way.. but if I loose focus of game window to do anything else,, it breaks..

I probably need to do more studying and get my rombot profile tweaked.. I set it up good enough to kill stuff and not die.. but never really optimized like i did with uberflex.....

If a script like this can make uberflex work,, do you think it would also work with Priesterix? (Priest scans parties hp and auto casts skills accordingly) was the best addon on ever if dual boxing with a priest on follow...
Thanks for your help and input!

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:40 am

Perk wrote:in uberflex did you have ice wind and rising tide set to not cast unless lightning is on target? (and lightning only cast if bc is present) jsut wonderin..
You don't really want to do that because Lightning has a cooldown and may not always be available, so you don't want IWB and RT to wait for it.

Actually I have them casting "In-Order" for this sequence. I think all the problems I have are due to timing. I just did some experimenting and it looks like, with a delay of 2, it works fine. The small pauses between the attacks are a bit noticeable though.
Perk wrote:I have set up uberflex now and am using a gaming keyboard to spam the script.. Uberflex is working far better than it did using the ingame timer. My rogue skills are definately coming off far faster this way.. but if I loose focus of game window to do anything else,, it breaks..
Having rombot spaming the script will fix that and I suspect it will do as good a job as the gaming keyboard.
Perk wrote:If a script like this can make uberflex work,, do you think it would also work with Priesterix? (Priest scans parties hp and auto casts skills accordingly) was the best addon on ever if dual boxing with a priest on follow...
Thanks for your help and input!
If there is a similar function that can be called, I don't see why not. Also you could have both scripts on the same macro so rombot would only need to spam 1 button.

jurafxp

#29 Post by jurafxp » Sun May 02, 2010 3:57 am

rock5 wrote:Except I don't quite follow the keyboard commands.
I think it should be

while (true) do
        sendMacro("SimpleTimer1_EventHandler();");
        sendMacro("SimpleTimer2_EventHandler();");
        sendMacro("SimpleTimer3_EventHandler();");
         yrest(200)
end

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Sun May 02, 2010 4:35 am

jurafxp wrote:
rock5 wrote:Except I don't quite follow the keyboard commands.
I think it should be

while (true) do
        sendMacro("SimpleTimer1_EventHandler();");
        sendMacro("SimpleTimer2_EventHandler();");
        sendMacro("SimpleTimer3_EventHandler();");
         yrest(200)
end
LOL. How embarrassing :oops: . Of course you don't have to actually tap the macro, you can just execute the functions directly.

I guess that should work then.

Edit: Just tested it and it takes long enough that the yrest is not necessary. It's creating in-game errors but seems to work adequately.
Edit2: The reason I get errors is because there is no Timer3. Also it might be better to use acsMacro() instead as it does a little logic before deciding which timer to use. It goes a lot faster so maybe yrest is needed?

Perk

#31 Post by Perk » Sun May 02, 2010 11:50 am

Ive got uberflex working really well using jurafxp's instructions form other thread,, (as far as my skill going off it is flawless) Im not sure what is causing my movement to hang up though.. sometimes i hit jump, and will not jump,, sometimes I will be runing and just stop dead,, and have to tap the forward key a time or too to get moving again... does it have to do with the fact that I am using 'Wander' with a '0' radius?? if so is there a better alternative?? (possibly something similar to the waypoint script from rock5)

(Dont get me wrong,, this is usable and I appriciate it very much!!)
You don't really want to do that because Lightning has a cooldown and may not always be available, so you don't want IWB and RT to wait for it.
very true,, was not thinking,, just trying to figure why it had an issue going off using uberflex,, I have rogue combos going off properly with each skill looking for 1 or 2 debuffs.. ?IDK?

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Sun May 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Perk wrote:Ive got uberflex working really well using jurafxp's instructions form other thread,, (as far as my skill going off it is flawless) Im not sure what is causing my movement to hang up though.. sometimes i hit jump, and will not jump,, sometimes I will be runing and just stop dead,, and have to tap the forward key a time or too to get moving again... does it have to do with the fact that I am using 'Wander' with a '0' radius?? if so is there a better alternative?? (possibly something similar to the waypoint script from rock5)

(Dont get me wrong,, this is usable and I appriciate it very much!!)
The way I see it jurafxp's fix and the one above are basically the same thing but he's made those other changes to the profile settings. They are not necessary as none of the other bots function are executed because it never leaves that loop. So they should have no effect on it's performance.

If you are only going to use a profile to run uberflex you can put the script in its onload event (as I write this I finally realized that's what jurafxp meant in his post D'oh). I found that firing each of the timers was quite slow so I use acsMacro() which is quite fast. From the profile it ran so fast it was causing problems so I had to put in a delay but after some testing found it could be quite small.

If I was to use a profile just for running uberflex I would just add the following to it's onload event.

while (true) do
			sendMacro("acsMacro();");
			yrest(50)
		end
This works quite well for me.

As to the pausing problem, I found that if I use the keyboard to navigate it occasionally stops or keypresses fail. I think it is from the continuous tapping of the rombot macro key. Even with long delay settings it will still occasionally interrupt. I think it can't be avoided. As long as it's not too bad I think it's acceptable. If it's particularly bad try increasing the delay.

Perk

#33 Post by Perk » Sun May 02, 2010 6:57 pm

thank you both for your input and sharing your knowledge.. I have it (uberflex) working and it is not too bad as far as hanging so im happy with it..

Rock,, have you given any more thought to a "total assist bot" that would follow, assist attacks (or not) check hp of all party members and cast heals and buffs accordingly.. I dunno how much interest there is in it, but I enjoy dual-boxing, ..OR maybe take a look into using rombot as a timer to make priesterix fire?? (Priestix could accomplish what i want).. I would be extrememly appriciative..

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:39 pm

Perk wrote:thank you both for your input and sharing your knowledge.. I have it (uberflex) working and it is not too bad as far as hanging so im happy with it..

Rock,, have you given any more thought to a "total assist bot" that would follow, assist attacks (or not) check hp of all party members and cast heals and buffs accordingly.. I dunno how much interest there is in it, but I enjoy dual-boxing, ..OR maybe take a look into using rombot as a timer to make priesterix fire?? (Priestix could accomplish what i want).. I would be extrememly appriciative..
My script has its uses, especially for new characters that you haven't setup uberflex with yet but, at the moment, I think I prefer using rombot as a timer for uberflex instead with my main characters. So if it was up to me I'd rather look into triggering priesterix rather than making a script, especially as I'm not really interested in multiboxing. I'll have a look at priesterix and get back to you.

Edit: I believe to keep priesterix working you need to find the functions within each classes file and spam them.

For instance for priests, if you open Priesterix_Priester.lua, you'll find the following functions;
Priesterix_BuffsPriester() -- Self buffing
Priesterix_SelbstHeilung() -- Self Healing
Priesterix_PartyHeilung() -- Party healing

If you spam these I believe it will work. Can someone who uses priesterix confirm?

Perk

#35 Post by Perk » Mon May 03, 2010 9:47 am

i played with it for a few minutes and could not get it goin..

Priesterix is likely a bit more complicated,, it also incorperates a "remote control" that you can sends commands in whispers from your main to the "assist bot" for buffs, follow, guard, etc.. it also auto attacks its masters target... i loaded it up all by itself and tried to get it to just self heal,, and could not..:(

thanks for looking into it though!!

(when spamming it, I was getting skill messages in the chat box.. ie..

/cast xxxxxx
/cast xxxxxx
/cast xxxxxxx

(it was trying to call up the propper skills,, but they were not firing off...

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:47 am

Perk wrote:i played with it for a few minutes and could not get it goin..

Priesterix is likely a bit more complicated,, it also incorperates a "remote control" that you can sends commands in whispers from your main to the "assist bot" for buffs, follow, guard, etc.. it also auto attacks its masters target... i loaded it up all by itself and tried to get it to just self heal,, and could not..:(

thanks for looking into it though!!

(when spamming it, I was getting skill messages in the chat box.. ie..

/cast xxxxxx
/cast xxxxxx
/cast xxxxxxx

(it was trying to call up the propper skills,, but they were not firing off...
The only test I did was to test the buff function in the chat window like so;
/script Priesterix_BuffsPriester()

Each time I did this it caste one of my buffs, that's why I thought it would work but I think you are right, there is a lot more to this addon. Someone with better expertise than me would have to figure it out.

ConcernedCitizen

#37 Post by ConcernedCitizen » Mon May 03, 2010 12:09 pm

Thanks Rock and Admin for your efforts... MUCHO Appreciate your time and patience...

So keeping in line with admin said, should I have

player:rest(.5);

in the RBAssist1b.xml file?

I set Rocks code to disabled, and it still attacks when I target a mob... As he said, it still isnt working, so just trying to figure out if there is other problems or if the above should fix it...

rock5

#38 Post by rock5 » Mon May 03, 2010 1:07 pm

ConcernedCitizen wrote:Thanks Rock and Admin for your efforts... MUCHO Appreciate your time and patience...

So keeping in line with admin said, should I have

player:rest(.5);

in the RBAssist1b.xml file?

I set Rocks code to disabled, and it still attacks when I target a mob... As he said, it still isnt working, so just trying to figure out if there is other problems or if the above should fix it...
I accidentally released 2 versions with the same version number 1.1b. The last one already had these changes and was working.

Here it is again with a new version number.

I'm not sure if these changes, the admin had me do, are necessary or have been applied to the svn yet but if you have any further trouble check these changes;
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 318#p10318
Attachments
RBAssist1.2.xml
File Updated: Sorry but the old 1.2 was still reporting itself as 1.1b. Otherwise the same.
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
Last edited by rock5 on Tue May 04, 2010 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

ConcernedCitizen

#39 Post by ConcernedCitizen » Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 pm

Hrmmm, working fine, but when I try to use the W,A,S,D keys the character stops ever 1 second or so... I originally attributed this to your REST(.5), but now I dont get that message anymore, so am unsure what is causing me to stop mid run...

If I use the Right and Left mouse buttons I can walk fine, and if I left click on the terrain it runs to that spot fine, but when holding down the W button, it keeps stopping, and I have to reclick W key..... Something is interrupting the ongoing command, if that makes sense.

Appreciate your help and efforts!

rock5

#40 Post by rock5 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:00 pm

ConcernedCitizen wrote:Hrmmm, working fine, but when I try to use the W,A,S,D keys the character stops ever 1 second or so... I originally attributed this to your REST(.5), but now I dont get that message anymore, so am unsure what is causing me to stop mid run...

If I use the Right and Left mouse buttons I can walk fine, and if I left click on the terrain it runs to that spot fine, but when holding down the W button, it keeps stopping, and I have to reclick W key..... Something is interrupting the ongoing command, if that makes sense.

Appreciate your help and efforts!
As I mentioned above, this is also a problem with the Uberflex fix. I don't think there is any way to fix this. I can only advice you to you increase the delay until the keyboard interruptions are at an acceptable level.

Edit: On second thought it might be possible that rombot is releasing the movement keys as part of it's normal function. We would need Administrator to verify if it does. If it does we would then have to think of a way to avoid it.