GM detection and banning chance reduction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
lisa

Re: GM detection and banning chance reduction

#41 Post by lisa » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:00 am

possibly but there are already other things you can do without troubleshooting to make this work for you.

Check out the KS waypoint that is posted here
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2449
It has 2 different paths to get to the same NPC and it alternates between them.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#42 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:00 am

I guess so. It's just a random number generator. You could use it for anything.

Code: Select all

PathFiles= {
    [1] = "Path1Name",
    [2] = "Path2Name",
    [3] = "Path3Name",
}
loadPaths(PathFiles[math.random(#PathFiles)])
This could be done many other ways but I guess this is nice and neat. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kanta

#43 Post by kanta » Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:13 pm

Cool. Thanks for the input. A randomized path solution, I think, would be best because if someone is patient enough to sit there they will notice that the path is the same every other time. With 3 or perhaps 4 random paths, there's much less chance of someone noticing. Sorry.... </paranoia> :roll:
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

grande

#44 Post by grande » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:24 pm

When I run the eventmonitortest.xml It says "LOL" and the MM window says it is working. But I'm not confident that it's working since nothing happens when I send messages from my testcharname. I would expect it to stop and log out after the amount of time I have programed into the options pasted into my profile. This is an excerpt of code from the user function:

testcharname = "MyToonName" -- Must be exactly as the character's name, any capitals and any special letters.
and this is from profile (I moved this to the front of the profile script since it should happen first and I do get the message "GM Detection Started"):

<onLoad><![CDATA[
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after loading the profile
		-- and before the bot starts. e.g. You could overwrite profile settings here
		-- like: changeProfileOption("HP_REST", 60);

startGMDetect()

]]></onLoad>
and options in profile:

<!-- Eggpet options -->
		<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE_CRAFT"	value="false" /><!-- If using same slot for assist and craft, onlt 1 can be enabled. -->
		<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_SLOT"	value="1" />
		<option name="EGGPET_ENABLE_ASSIST"	value="false" />
		<option name="EGGPET_ASSIST_SLOT"	value="1" />
		<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_RATIO"	value="1:4:4" /> <!-- mining:woodworking:herbalism ratio to produce. -->
		<option name="EGGPET_CRAFT_INDEXES"	value="" /> 	 <!-- override auto craft index for mining,woodworking,herbalism eg. "2,,"-->

<!-- GM detection options -->
     		 <option name="GMDETECT"         value="true" /> -- enables the GM detection userfunction
     		 <option name="GMnearbylogout"      value="true" /> -- If a GM is close to the character it will log out.
    	         <option name="PAUSEONGM"      value="50" />  -- Pauses when GM whispers for value in seconds. ie 300 = 5 minutes
   	         <option name="RECALL"         value="true" /> -- if in combat while pausing it will use recall and whisper/logout

<!-- Log out and resurrect settings -->
		<option name="LOGOUT_TIME" 			value="60" />	<!-- in minutes, 0 = timer disabled -->
		<option name="LOGOUT_SHUTDOWN"		value="false" />
		<option name="LOGOUT_WHEN_STUCK"	value="true" />
		<option name="CLOSE_WHEN_STUCK"		value="true" />
		<option name="RES_AUTOMATIC_AFTER_DEATH" value="true" />
		<option name="MAX_DEATHS" value="1" /> <!-- Log out after this many deaths -->
Thank you for any help.

lisa

#45 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Aslong as the name is correct for charname then everything looks like it should work.

If you do the pause though that is a pause and then continue what it was doing after, not pause before logging out. The pause option is to basically stop what you are doing and set it for a period of time so if a GM comes to check you out then you arn't actually moving. If a GM whispers you and you don't reply and you continue doing things that is enough for them to concider you a bot.

Go to your rom/profiles folder and look for a file named aaWhispers.xml
If there is a file then open it up and see if your messages from your test character are listed. If there is no file or no text in the file for your whispers then it isn't working.
If there is a file and there are records of when you whispered but the bot didn't react as if you were a GM then you need to look at the
testcharname, make sure it is exactly as you see the charname in game.

Wolfred
Fortuneslight

capitals first letter. Obviously I just made up those names lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

grande

#46 Post by grande » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the reply. I found the aaWhisper.xml file and the messages from my test character were there but I'm pretty sure the bot didn't react as if it was a GM. Probably a syntax error on my part. This is exactly how I have the code (quotation marks and all):

testcharname = "Fuzzywuzzy"
Fake name ofcourse :-)

Sorry, I'm probably making this more difficult then it is!

G

lisa

#47 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 pm

Hmm interesting, so it detects that it has been whispered and records it in the log file aaWhispers.xml but it just isn't detecting that the testcharname character is actually a "GM"

ok 3 questions

1. Did you get the player info on general Tab come up?
2. Any print message on MM window saying you have been whispered?
3. In the log file did it say "Char details: " ?

lisa

#48 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 am

also I have a theory that chap 4 may have changed something. Still answer those 3 questions but also try this for me

line 106 has this

EventMonitorStart("GMdetect2", "CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM");
add in these 2 lines after it so it looks like this

EventMonitorStart("GMdetect2", "CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM");
	printf("time is "..time.."\n")
             printf(os.time())

mrrhypon

#49 Post by mrrhypon » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 am

1. Did you get the player info on general Tab come up?
2. Any print message on MM window saying you have been whispered?
3. In the log file did it say "Char details: " ?
Hey, I kinda have the same problem as him..
In my case I can see the whisper popup ingame. It also logs the whisper into the aaWhisper.xml.
But it doesn't seem to print the message or whisper into MM for some reason..

However, it does logout my char on GM detection, so that part works.

EDIT: I did a couple of small tests to see if GM nearby detection works by changing the name in the following line, with the name of my actual bot character:
testcharname = "Charname" -- Must be exactly as the character's name, any capitals and any special letters.
It gives the soundfile warning bleeps, and it logs out right away.

However, when testing the incoming tells and responding to GM function.. it simply doesn't seem to work out for me.
I changed the "Charname" into the name of the testing char/2nd account, but when whispering the bot char nothing happens, he just keeps on farming. Like mentioned before, chats are being logged in xml files, but not shown in MM.

So in short, area GM detection works here, but whisper/responding function doesn't.

Profile options:
<!-- GM detection options -->
<option name="GMDETECT" value="true" /> -- enables the GM detection userfunction
<option name="GMnearbylogout" value="true" /> -- If a GM is close to the character it will log out.
<option name="PAUSEONGM" value="300" /> -- Pauses when GM whispers for value in seconds. ie 300 = 5 minutes
<option name="RECALL" value="true" /> -- if in combat while pausing it will use recall and whisper/logout

changeProfileOption("GMDETECT", true); -- no "" if using true/false, just change option name for the other profile options
Looking forward to your answer, thnx :)

grande

#50 Post by grande » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:43 am

Hi Lisa,

I think mrrhypon is experiencing the same thing. Little or no indication of GM detection from whispers but there is GM detection when the GM is close. I changed line 106 as you suggested and I think it generated my answer to number two below.

Here are my answers to the 3 questions:

1. I'm not sure what you mean by "player info on general Tab"
2. There is a printed message in MM window but it doesn't state that I've been whispered but it does seem to coincide with the whispers I send. It's basically a time stamp and number in white text in front of the green text.. something like: Time is 11152343 19098654536 (changed numbers cuz i'm paranoid)
3. The log file does not say Char details, just says: Time: 06/28/11 99:99:99 Char name: XXXxxxx Message: Hi there!!

Also, is there an option to logout when whispered by a GM? The bot does not seem to pause... just keeps running along. I did change the pause time from 300 to 50.

Thanks again for the help. :-)
G

lisa

#51 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:38 pm

Yup that is pretty much what I thought, you see the function uses an addon for getting an in game time, it uses the item shop specials to do it. How ever I have noticed if there are no specials at the time of logging into a character it does 10 tries and doesn't actually get the time.

I am trying to work out another way of having in game time recording. We need the time so as to not check messages that are old. Can't use operating system time as it is all done in game and they removed the os.time functions from client a while ago.

I'll have to think on it some more to find a reliable way of tracking time in game.

zarossa

#52 Post by zarossa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:16 pm

I added startGMDetect() where it should be, also added <!-- GM detection options --> line. I don't get what is WP because you said that I can change this also by All profile options can be changed in WP using. I added my profile.

Than I downloaded userfunction_gmmonitor.lua and put it in rom/userfunctions, but from now my SVN put red exclamation on it even if used updateing on this folder. I downloaded also this eventmonitortest.xml for checking if it's working. My char said lol and than

The ingamefunctions addon (igf) is not installed or needs updating. You can not
monitor in-game events until you do so.
monitor in-game events until you do so.9:11pm - [string "..."]:14: bad argument
#1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

So I guess it's not working, than I wanted to check if my script on mobs is working. Loaded it and:

GM detection started
monitor in-game events until you do so.

Same problem, but I can't update it..

What I'm doing wrong? What should I do?
Attachments
xxx.txt
(8.81 KiB) Downloaded 160 times

lisa

#53 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 pm

The ingamefunctions addon (igf) is not installed
If you have a look in the rom/devtools folder there is a folder called ingamefunctions
copy that folder and place it in your game folder
Runes of Magic/Interface/AddOns folder

gloover

#54 Post by gloover » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:10 am

After some time of boting I've got this message

what was wrong?

btw. in the first code line I saw include("settings.lua"); which settings.lua should be included?

Ajoir

#55 Post by Ajoir » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 am

Hi. I tried using this function but only get it to work a part.
I installed the function "userfunction_gmmonitor.lua" and "alarm.wav" in rom / userfunctions folder; the addon "d303fix" in Adoon folder; I added the "<!-- GM detection options -->" to my profile and the "startGMDetect ()" in the onload. I have updated rombot (rom/bot update), used to version 6.35 SNV, and I copied "ingamefunctions" folder in "addons" folder (the files are: "igf_events.lua", "igf_events.xml", "ingamefunctions.lua" and "ingamefunctions.toc")
"GMnearbylogout" works perfect with "testcharname"l, and when the "testcharname" is near my pj executes the logout. When "GMnearbylogout" is disable, the computer beeps (not at alarm.wav) independent of the speakers.
But the boot does not react to the whispers, whether the "testcharname" or other PJ. I send a running boot image, and I draw a red arrow in the code print when PJ received a whisper of someone ( time is ********.****).
What is the problem?. have I done something wrong, or is the problem of updates?

How could I do to execute the logout every time I enter a whisper?
Many thanks in advance, I am very interested in getting this function works well.
Attachments
rom.jpg

lisa

#56 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:22 am

Yeah it is an issue with the timer.
Unfortunately I have had issues with notepad++ and so I haven't been able to fix it.

Hopefully I can get past the notepad issue soon.

Ajoir

#57 Post by Ajoir » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:44 am

Ok. thank you for your fast answer and your good work.

aspart

#58 Post by aspart » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey I'm testing it, and it logs out while near the testchar but does not pause or respond to the whispers.

lisa

#59 Post by lisa » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 pm

lisa wrote:Yeah it is an issue with the timer.
Unfortunately I have had issues with notepad++ and so I haven't been able to fix it.

Hopefully I can get past the notepad issue soon.

botje

#60 Post by botje » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:29 am

if you cant fix those isseus, you could always try scite, another good editor.

Botje