optimizing golden eggs profit

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
T_Zero

Re: optimizing golden eggs profit

#84 Post by T_Zero » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:09 pm

Hi there,
just made a waypoint file based on jduartedj's teleport mod of rock5's miller script which collects a given number of fresh eggs and then delivers the quest as often as it can.
Instructions are in the waypoint files but I'll list them here at well. There are 2 files (bit dowdy I know) you just have to run the first one (teggs1.xml) it calls the second automatically - so just don't worry about that. If you do not want the quest to be delivered just remove the last lines in teggs1 (marked inside the file) and delete teggs2.xml. You can also edit how much eggs are collected before the quest is delivered. (default: 1000 -explained in file)

Just a big THANKS goes to the whole community (special credits to rock5 and jduartedj)

YOU NEED THE TELEPORT ADDON TO RUN THIS SCRIPT

Hope I can help some guys with my script ;)
Attachments
Teggs2.xml
optional file (changes in teggs1 necessary)
(1.63 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
Teggs1.xml
main file
(4.17 KiB) Downloaded 322 times

jduartedj

#85 Post by jduartedj » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:00 pm

Nice, contribution is always welcome!
You're welcome to post it to the repository, under Other Files. And even create a topic for your own.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

Rom Botter

#86 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:34 am

Where do i put the addon_teleport.lua file...?

i have put it in:
rom bot folder;
wayoint folder;
made a map in addon folder in rom folder named addon teleport aswell as addon_teleport and put the file in those 2 maps and in the normal addon map...

every time i run the script it says it cant call teleport...

i have also reloaded UI with /script ReloadUI() so the addon is loaded from the addon maps...
I think people need to be educated on the fact the marijuana is NOT a drug... marijuana is a plant and an herb, GOD put it here... if GOD put it here, what gives the GOVERNMENT the right to say GOD is WRONG??? ~ Willie Nelson

rock5

#87 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 am

RoM Botter where have you been? It's a rombot userfunction file. It goes in the 'userfunctions' folder.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

T_Zero

#88 Post by T_Zero » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:56 am

you have to put the addon named addon_teleport.lua in micromacro\scripts\rom\userfunctions\

Rom Botter

#89 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:18 am

rock5 wrote:RoM Botter where have you been? It's a rombot userfunction file. It goes in the 'userfunctions' folder.
ah ok, thnx for info, i havnt been on rom for a while... so not here either...

back on rom now tho ^^
I think people need to be educated on the fact the marijuana is NOT a drug... marijuana is a plant and an herb, GOD put it here... if GOD put it here, what gives the GOVERNMENT the right to say GOD is WRONG??? ~ Willie Nelson

Rom Botter

#90 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:31 am

lol, this tele addon is awesome xD works great :D

dunno if its just me, but before teleporting to chicken house and after teleporting from chicken house, there seems to occur a delay of about 2 sec from quest NPC to the chicken house and 4 - 5 sec after it teleports back to chickens to harvest them.

is it just me, or has this something to do with teleporting?

btw i have this with both the Teggs1.xml script aswell as with the TMillersRanchGold.xml script

any idea's?

edit:

think it might be caused by the chickens who are still walking and are not standing stil... is that possible? think i read something about that earlier in this topic...

jduartedj

#91 Post by jduartedj » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Might be.. I'm improving my waypoint script at the moment If I come across such delays I'll look into them!

EDIT: check out V1.2 of the waypoint file :D

T_Zero

#92 Post by T_Zero » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:34 pm

Think that makes my version obsolete ^^

jduartedj

#93 Post by jduartedj » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:48 pm

T_Zero wrote:Think that makes my version obsolete ^^
:S I had been delivering the eggs using a second WP file, and I thought this way it was easier.

T_Zero

#94 Post by T_Zero » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:10 am

I'm not feeling offended :D Yours is way more elegant and easier ;)
Just saying it so people don't have to download my waypoints because there is nothing it can that yours can't

jduartedj

#95 Post by jduartedj » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 am

No problem mate, A++ for effort and contribution!

Rom Botter

#96 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:36 pm

Script works perfectly now ^^

By the way, for delivering the eggs, just use the addon pbinfo (or streamline forgot which one auto accepts and finishes quests...) and make an macro with the following:

Code: Select all

/script UseAction(1)   <--- this will make the macro use ur hotkey 1 which will open the quest dialog and then the 
                            pbinfo or streamline addon will auto accept/finish it and close the window.)
/wait 0.1              <--- like it says, wait 0.1 sec before continuing (i tried smaller, but that just ends up with 
                            accepting and delivering only 1 or 2 quests)
and copy that untill its full, this way it accepts and finishes the quest 3 or 4 times with only 1 clik :) i finish about 100 quests in about 45 sec :)

My macro looks like this:

/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
/script UseAction(1)
/wait 0.1
You DO have to select Jenna Miller first before using the macro, or just add this in the first line... this will make it so that u can finish less quests with 1 click tho...:

/script TargetNearestFriend()
if ur near Jenna Miller, this line will select her so it can open the quest dialog :) If u have a newbie pet egg, this WILL select him if he is closer to you then jenna miller tho... so if anybody knows the macro code to select an NPC with a name between () i would be happy to know it ^^ :P (i tried /script TargetNearestFriend(Jenna Miller) and (Jenna_Miller) both didnt work for nearest friend...

Too bad tho that they disabled a macro calling another macro or even calling itself from a hotkey (if it DOES work... i havnt found the way yet xD) cuz that would enable us to only click the macro once :)

Dunno if anyone does this already, just thought i'd post it here :)

Its probably also possible to make the bot use the macro hotkey so it can speed finish the quests and then quickly continue farming eggs :D

As always have fun botting guys ^^

JackBlonder

#97 Post by JackBlonder » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Why do you want to target her with macro?
You could just use

player:target_NPC(npcname);
in your waypoint file

Rom Botter

#98 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:37 pm

because in that way, u cant accept and finish the quests really fast (as far as i know) and this way, u can accept and finish like 3 or 4 quest with 1 click and within 2 sec...

plus that i dont want the bot to finish my quests... i rather do that manually cuz it goes WAY faster...

Rom Botter

#99 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:55 pm

ok... so i just found out, that my bot is not teleporting anymore... bot says he teleports, but when i look ingame my char is just walking everywhere not teleporting.

i used the addon v 1.2 and the script v 1.2 and he did not tele (he also delivered quests when i set value to 0 so it should be disabled...)

when i went back to first script V1.1 and addon v1.0 it still didnt work, is it just me, or do others have this problem also?

rock5

#100 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:36 pm

JackBlonder wrote:You could just use

player:target_NPC(npcname);
Rom Botter wrote:because in that way, u cant accept and finish the quests really fast (as far as i know) and this way, u can accept and finish like 3 or 4 quest with 1 click and within 2 sec...
I think what she means is, why don't you target the npc with the target_NPC command and then use your macro to accept/complete the quests.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Rom Botter

#101 Post by Rom Botter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 pm

lol, but of course xD so simple :D i was thinking too difficult :P

Alkaiser

#102 Post by Alkaiser » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:27 am

Rom Botter wrote:ok... so i just found out, that my bot is not teleporting anymore... bot says he teleports, but when i look ingame my char is just walking everywhere not teleporting.

i used the addon v 1.2 and the script v 1.2 and he did not tele (he also delivered quests when i set value to 0 so it should be disabled...)

when i went back to first script V1.1 and addon v1.0 it still didnt work, is it just me, or do others have this problem also?
The memory addresses for player coordinates need to be updated.

rock5

#103 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 am

Alkaiser wrote:The memory addresses for player coordinates need to be updated.
What do you mean? If the player coordinates weren't correct the bot wouldn't be able to move at all properly.