Bot strange error?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
botnewb

Bot strange error?

#1 Post by botnewb » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:17 am

Alright so i was looking though the other forums to see if anyone is having the same problem or not but every so often when running my bot it will get a strange error where all of a sudden its like I'm pressing the Esc key just over and over and over... It did it to me today in Maltinas so i'm finally posting for help. If i restart MM with ctrl+l and re-do the waypoint it will work normally again but then it did it again today after only a few minutes so any ideas what might be creating this problem?

rock5

Re: Bot strange error?

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:27 am

This would be due to the bot thinking the edit box is open and pressing "ESC" is one of the steps it takes to try to close it. So if no edit box ha focus then that means it's not detecting it properly.

First let me confirm. Are you running the latest version of the bot and have no conflicts with any of the files?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 am

did anyone find the new address for editBoxHasFocus_address since last patch? I know I didn't.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:07 am

lisa wrote:did anyone find the new address for editBoxHasFocus_address since last patch? I know I didn't.
I did, and it works.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botnewb

#5 Post by botnewb » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:16 pm

I am running the newest version of the bot revision 634 and i just reverted adresses.lua because it was the only red in the whole scripts folder.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:14 pm

botnewb wrote:I am running the newest version of the bot revision 634 and i just reverted adresses.lua because it was the only red in the whole scripts folder.
Did you do a "rom/update"? Looks like it changes the money pointer to an incorrect value. So don't run "rom/update" for now. I'll contact Administrator to see if he can fix the pattern.

botnewb

#7 Post by botnewb » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:29 am

Alright its been running alright for now since i reverted addresses.lua but i'll let you know if it starts happening again.

Edit: Works like a charm. Thank you so much.

Murky

#8 Post by Murky » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:20 am

botnewb wrote:Alright its been running alright for now since i reverted addresses.lua but i'll let you know if it starts happening again.

Edit: Works like a charm. Thank you so much.
which revision works?

i currently have 639 and thats the only one that will let me start the bot. (but i get the ESC key error)

if i revert to anything else it doesn't work.

please help :(

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:20 am

Murky, is it the same for you as it was for botnewb? Does it start working ok for awhile then start pressing ESC? Or does it start pressing ESC as soon as you start the bot? Do you have any code that changes character or class?

Murky

#10 Post by Murky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:37 am

rock5 wrote:Murky, is it the same for you as it was for botnewb? Does it start working ok for awhile then start pressing ESC? Or does it start pressing ESC as soon as you start the bot? Do you have any code that changes character or class?
sorry for the double post, i wasn't sure since i wasn't the creator of this thread.

Honestly it seems random to me anymore. Sometimes it does it right away and other times it will work for a while then start doing it.

I don't have any code that changes character or class as far as i know.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:52 am

The reason I wasn't answering is because I couldn't think what would cause it.

The reason I asked about changing class or account is because I had the idea it might have something to do with the macro. When you change account or class the macro might move which might confuse the bot.

If you're not moving the macro button is it possible your macro.bsd file is corrupt? We've had problems with it in the past. Is the problem happening with all characters or only with a certain character or characters?

Murky

#12 Post by Murky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:32 am

rock5 wrote:The reason I wasn't answering is because I couldn't think what would cause it.

The reason I asked about changing class or account is because I had the idea it might have something to do with the macro. When you change account or class the macro might move which might confuse the bot.

If you're not moving the macro button is it possible your macro.bsd file is corrupt? We've had problems with it in the past. Is the problem happening with all characters or only with a certain character or characters?
It ok i appreciate your time.

i did change my key bindings around a little ( i thought having the default setting would help). this might have been the problem. its been running for about 2 hours now without problems and i when i logged on i didn't need to change my key bindings this time.

that probably didn't make much sense to you but i know what it means lol. i will keep that in mind thanks for the idea.

i only use 1 character to bot

Murky

#13 Post by Murky » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:13 pm

worked for a few hours then started doing it again. fixed by deleting the macro and remaking it and starting the bot over again.

then it starts to do it again after another few hours :(

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Murky wrote:worked for a few hours then started doing it again. fixed by deleting the macro and remaking it and starting the bot over again.

Are you saying you didn't try deleting the macro.bsd file? If the file is corrupt then just deleting the macro wont fix it.

Murky

#15 Post by Murky » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:45 pm

rock5 wrote:
Murky wrote:worked for a few hours then started doing it again. fixed by deleting the macro and remaking it and starting the bot over again.

Are you saying you didn't try deleting the macro.bsd file? If the file is corrupt then just deleting the macro wont fix it.
i didn't try that. i was just saying how i got it to stop for the time being.

do i just delete the file completely? which one is it?

edit : i deleted the two files in the folder src, both named macro

still getting the error

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:31 am

It might be useful to know what command it's trying to cast when it starts pressing ESC. When it happens, stop the bot and go to the macros edit interface and edit the "RB Command" macro and see what it says.

Murky

#17 Post by Murky » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:10 pm

rock5 wrote:It might be useful to know what command it's trying to cast when it starts pressing ESC. When it happens, stop the bot and go to the macros edit interface and edit the "RB Command" macro and see what it says.
/script R='' a={GameMenuFrame:IsVisible()} for i=1,#a do R=R..tostring(a)..' ' end EditMacro(3,'RB',7,R)

like that?

or

/script R='' a={GetKeyboardFocus():ClearFocus()} for i=1,#a do R=R..tostring(a)..' ' end EditMacro(3,'RB',7,R)

got that one too.

yoyodoggg

#18 Post by yoyodoggg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:11 pm

i also get the ESC error every so often. seems to happen when i tab to a different window.
i also get a similar error.
i also get a few extra errors, cause my addons arent working together i think.

1: call monsterCardTooltipFrame's OnEvent, line: (null)
2: [string "?"]"160: attempt to call global 'CustomAction' (a nil value)

3: *****[string "R=" a={GetKeyboardFocus():ClearFocus()} fo..."]:1: attempt to index a nil value****

the last *** error seems to be the problem, ive gotten that error everytime the ESC thing has happened.

i am running current rev. 639 from the svn
with micromac 1.1
addons =
diyce
pbinfo
statrating
wowmap
zbag
lootomatic
acceptinvite
ingamefunctions
xpextended
monstercardtooltip
dailynotes
comeonin
declineinvite
heal-bot-2
ultimatemailmod
advquestbook
advancedauctionhouse
wowmapnstances
fix_for_patch303

if anyone has any ideas which addons might be conflicting to cause any of them 3 errors, would be much appreciated.
thx

EDIT: dont think it maters but only parts other then waypoints and profiles ive edited is
COMMAND_MACRO_NAME = "Stuff"
RESULT_MACRO_NAME = "STF"

and i renamed bot.lua to help.lua

yoyodoggg

#19 Post by yoyodoggg » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:48 pm

i can definately recreate the 3rd error by loading league of legends while botting and as soon as i exit my completed match on LoL both my bots start spaming esc and report the 3rd error.

the error also happens after long periods of botting it seems

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 am

Could you please follow these instructions when next you get the ESC error.
  • 1. Stop or pause your waypoint file.
    2. Make sure the system menu isn't open.
    3. Start a new instance of micromacro.
    4. Enter

Code: Select all

rom/bot path:commandline
    5. Enter

printf("%x\n",addresses.editBoxHasFocus_address)
    6. Enter

print(memoryReadUInt(getProc(), addresses.editBoxHasFocus_address))
    7. Enter

RoMScript("GetKeyboardFocus():ClearFocus()")
    8. Enter again

print(memoryReadUInt(getProc(), addresses.editBoxHasFocus_address))
And print the output here.

Tips for easy copy and paste from micromacro window:
  • Make sure micromacro is set to "QuickEdit Mode".
    • Right-click the micromacro title bar.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click the "Options" tab.
    • Tick "QuickEdit Mode"
    To copy from the micromacro window.
    • Select the text you want to copy by clicking and dragging the mouse to highlight the text you want to copy.
    • Right-click the micromacro window (not the title bar or border).
    To paste to the micromacro window.
    • Move the cursor to where you want the text to appear using your arrow keys.
    • Right-click the micromacro window (not the title bar or border).
So if there is something selected and you right click the window, it copies but if there is nothing selected then it pastes.