613 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

613 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 am

This revision, that is mainly for fixing remaining issues with 4.0.0, turned out to be bigger than I thought, so please bear with me.

Firstly the main issues remaining with 4.0.0:
  • 1. How to deal with 3 sets of skills... What I've done is gotten the info, about the skills you have, from memory. This means we can directly check if you have a skill before trying to use it. This required adding the skill ids to the skills database. The info I get from memory and update the skills with are; Id, Level, aslevel, ReqLevel and TPToLevel.

For example, if you are a p/m/k you can add both the mage and knight general skills to the priest skills section with no worries. As a bonus you can also add skills you don't already have. For instance you could make a 1-10 profile that includes all the skills you will want to use between levels 1-10.

2. Because the skills can now be identified by name, via the id, they can all be cast by name in any language. That means everyone can now use hotkey="MACRO" and the skills_local.xml file is no longer needed. This also means we no longer need the skilltab and skillnum values. They have been removed. I've tried to add support for people who create virtual skills to action their own macros via the action bar. To do so just make sure you don't give your database skill an id and make sure to give the skill, in your profile, a valid hotkey.

3. Because some buffs have changed, so have their ids. To avoid having to update the buff ids I changed it from comparing the ids to comparing the names gotten using the ids. This way, even though the ids change, as long as the name remains the same it will work. This means less maintenance. I did the same with the skill ids. It compares the ids names not the ids themselves. A bonus to this is we no longer need multiple ids for stackable buffs like the knight seals. Any of the ids that yield the right name will do.

4. We can now add permanent mounts and pets to a new bag called the Partner Bag. It can hold 10 of each and uses its own functions to control it. It doesn't act the same as regular bag but more of an interface. I've added it to the mount function so player:mount() will find and mount mounts there.

I didn't need to but I added 2 functions "AddPartner(nameOrId)" and "CallPartner(nameOrId). These can add a pet or mount to the interface and call them by name.

Other minor, mostly unrelated changes:
  • 1. Moved "LoadTables" from inside inventory.lua to higher up in bot.lua. Don't know why it wasn't done sooner. It has no dependencies and solves all my problems with trying to use GetIdName during bot start up.
    2. Increased moveto "successDist" by 10. A few people have reported running back to waypoints and increasing this valued fixed it.
    3. Tidied up settings.loadSkillSet(class) function.
    4. Moved the check for ranged damage skills to the settings.loadSkillSet(class) function so that it gets checked every time you change class.
    5. Added level 66 pots.
    6. Added a couple of druid elites.
    7. Fixed Warrior Elite skill Blood Dance maxhpper.
    8. The bot no longer errors when you set your COMBAT_DISTANCE to a higher value than the longest range of your attack skills. Instead it just reduces COMBAT_DISTANCE to the longest range, writes a warning, and continues.

Todo:
Fix createpath, getid and getpos - forgot about them. Just remembered now. I don't think it's the first time. :oops:
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

dx876234

Re: 613 Changelog

#2 Post by dx876234 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 am

Upgraded from SVN and all attacks stopped working, neither ranged (scout) nor mele (rogue).

It runs over to the mob and just stands there...

:(

UPDATE: I removed whole old rom folder, recreated and installed from SVN, moved my waypoints, userfunctions and profiles in and :) it worked like a charm!!

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:51 am

dx876234 wrote:UPDATE: I removed whole old rom folder, recreated and installed from SVN, moved my waypoints, userfunctions and profiles in and :) it worked like a charm!!
Don't have to do that much work. Just right click the rom folder and select "TortoiseSVN/Revert" and revert all the non matching files.

Also, I've committed Rev 614 with a small fix so createpath, getPos and GetId work again.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Merlin

#4 Post by Merlin » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Sorry if this is not the right sub forum, but I'm interested if the "best potion" incluces the Phirius Pots. Due the play of the minigames (new stats related) hawe I really many of them and they are not used (or I really haven't seen it). But the diference is I would like it uses the smales pot not the bigest (not realy needed to get 60% HP - 10% is in the most cases enought, but a setting with use best Phirious potion, Use smallest Phirious potion and so on would be great too).

If you can point me to the code that uses the 66 pots I will try to help you and include the Phirious potions (if able).

botje

#5 Post by botje » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:49 pm

one thing i notice, is when you teleport, bot errors on the error about the action key.

wait, ill post screen, this only happens when i teleport, normally bot should detect adres change right?
sshot-2.png
Botje

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Merlin wrote:Sorry if this is not the right sub forum
Don't be sorry, just start your own topic. This topic is about the latest revision of rombot and any issue people may be having with it.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 pm

botje wrote:one thing i notice, is when you teleport, bot errors on the error about the action key.
Are you sure it is finishing teleporting before continuing? Someone else had a similar problem. When I told them to change the yrest they had after the teleport to a "waitForLoadingScreen()" they said it fixed it. Try that.

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:53 pm

ok i've got one for you.

When using party bot I don't have any attack skills on my healers, so the new bot version reduces max target distance to 0, since lootAll goes by max target distance it no longer loots anything.

Code: Select all

Maximum range of range attack skills is less than COMBAT_DISTANCE 110. Reducing COMBAT_DISTANCE setting to 0.
Obviously I could add in an attack skill to each healer profile and that would stop this happening, I just feel that setting combat distance to 0 when other functions use that setting aswell isn't the best approach =)
Maybe when checking skills if there are no attack skills at all then leave combat distance as is ?
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 pm

Hm... Let me think about this. Combat distance is the distance you are able to attack (or a lesser value). With no attack skills, I think it is behaving the way it should.

You should be using LOOT_DISTANCE anyway. Combat distance is only used as a default if LOOT_DISTANCE isn't specified.

That said, maybe it would be better to use MAX_TARGET_DIST as a default instead. That is more of a user preference and if you are willing to go that distance to attack a mob then you probably would accept it going that distance to loot.

Or maybe we could make sure combat distance has a minimum value regardless of skill, such as 50.

What do you think?

Wait something just occured to me. The place where I change the combat distance is where it used to error. That means if it is reducing your combat distance then previously it would have errored. So I'm confused. :?:

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:14 pm

I have loot distance set

<option name="LOOT_DISTANCE"      value="100" />
the new code is overwriting it when I use lootAll()
I'll run it again to get the loot debug to post for you.
Last edited by lisa on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:32 pm

Lol now looting is working fine, typical.

Hmm maybe it was yet another bug from KS, i was in KS earlier and now I am just in normal map.

I'll head back to KS at some stage to test that out, maybe I'll get some time for it tomorrow.

lisa

#12 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:38 am

I deleted my rambling as the solution is quite simple.

In profile change skill settings.

<skill name="WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD"		hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" inbattle="false" />
<skill name="WARDEN_CHARGED_CHOP"    	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" range="180" cooldown="7"/>
Since they are in the <scout> section then I know I will have the elite.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 am

Inbattle obviously you would change in your profile like that, but I don't think range and cooldown can be changed like that.

What I used to do is change the values in the onload section of my profile. Try This.

if player.Class1 == CLASS_WARDEN and player.Class2 == CLASS_SCOUT then
			for k,v in pairs(settings.profile.skills) do
				if v.Name == "WARDEN_CHARGED_CHOP" then
					v.Range = 180
					v.Cooldown = 7
				end
			end
		end

botje

#14 Post by botje » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:27 am

rock5 wrote:
botje wrote:one thing i notice, is when you teleport, bot errors on the error about the action key.
Are you sure it is finishing teleporting before continuing? Someone else had a similar problem. When I told them to change the yrest they had after the teleport to a "waitForLoadingScreen()" they said it fixed it. Try that.
no sorry rock, but i changed to waitforloadingscreen ages ago ^.^

so thats not it im afraid :(

Botje

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:39 am

yup your right

4:24pm - The options 'mana', 'manainc', 'rage', 'energy', 'concentration', 'rang
e', 'cooldown', 'minrange', 'type', 'target' and 'casttime' are no valid options
 for your skill 'WARDEN_CHARGED_CHOP' in your profile '**.xml'. Please d
elete them and restart!
Except with class1 and 2 other way round =)

<onload>
     if player.Class2 == CLASS_WARDEN and player.Class1 == CLASS_SCOUT then
               v.Range = 180
               v.Cooldown = 7
            end
         end
      end
</onload>
it works,
it still had this though

No ranged skills specified in profile; Turning COMBAT_RANGED_PULL off.
Maximum range of range attack skills is less than COMBAT_DISTANCE 200. Reducing
COMBAT_DISTANCE setting to 50.
I changed the WP to make it

We changed the option 'COMBAT_DISTANCE' from '50' to '100'.
It wouldn't be an issue though since scouts should have a ranged skill apart from this 1. lol

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:53 am

Yeh I think it'd because it checks the skills ranges before running the onload section where you change the range. If that was a real scenario and that was the only ranged skill then I would change the combat distance after changing the range in your profile.

When I do get all this info from memory, all these issues will be a thing of the past. :)

lisa

#17 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:00 am

Just to check I am on the right page here.

So the info from memory is still stored in settings.profile.skills?

if v.Level > 20 then 
AutoUse = true
end
end
end
or is .Level saved in settings.profile.skillsData ?

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:47 am

Level is gotten from memory and is added to the skills in settings.profile.skills. I removed all "Level"s from the database. Level can only be gotten from skills you actually have.

Edamh

#19 Post by Edamh » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:23 am

dx876234 wrote:Upgraded from SVN and all attacks stopped working, neither ranged (scout) nor mele (rogue).

It runs over to the mob and just stands there...

:(

UPDATE: I removed whole old rom folder, recreated and installed from SVN, moved my waypoints, userfunctions and profiles in and :) it worked like a charm!!
Found out about this "feature" the hard way. I noticed this AM that there were files to be updated so I used "SVN Update" via Windows explorer. I went to start all the various bots. Two bots used scripts to fight mobs/harvest daily quest items/etc.; a third was turning in daily quests.

I came back <5 min later to find one character dead, a second almost dead and the third having completed the daily quests. If I saw correctly, the bot did not even try to use pots nor heal itself :(

Thank goodness for the guild library to work off debt ;)

Also saw these error message:

scripts\rom/bot.lua:444: onLoad error: [string "..."]:6: attempt to call global
'storecharname' (a nil value)

D:/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:1254: Error in your profile: onLeav
eCombat error: [string "..."]:3: attempt to call global 'catchCavy' (a nil value
)
Here are those sections of my profile which has been unchanged for a while but now errors out after 614 update.

<onLoad><![CDATA[
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after loading the profile
		-- and before the bot starts. e.g. You could overwrite profile settings here
		-- like: changeProfileOption("HP_REST", 60);
		-- startGMDetect()
		-- storecharname()
		]]>
	</onLoad>

<onLeaveCombat><![CDATA[
		-- Additional Lua code to execute after killing an enemy
		-- if inventory:itemTotalCount(0) > 0 then catchCavy() end
	local dura = inventory:getMainHandDurability();
	printf("Durability:%s\n", dura);
	if( 90 > dura ) then
		player.free_flag1 = true;
	end
	]]></onLeaveCombat>
I've commented out the storecharname() and catchCavy() for now.

For the next time I do "SVN Update," what other steps do I need to take to make sure that the files are in sync with one another? I did as dx876234 had done and moved my profiles and waypoints folders, blew away the rom folder, "SVN Update" and then moved my profiles and waypoints folders back in. When I try to "TortoiseSVN/Revert", no files are listed. Thanks.

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:45 am

Those errors are saying that the userfunctions don't exist.

Have a look in your rom/userfunctions folder to make sure you have the files required for the userfunctions you are trying to use.