optimizing golden eggs profit

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
jduartedj

optimizing golden eggs profit

#1 Post by jduartedj » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:09 pm

Given the huge success of the rock5's millers farm Egg script among botters, due to it's obvious fast profit, I've been trying to optimize the script.
The first thing to consider is that EVERY millisecond counts! Why? when you run a script for lets say 100 times if you save 2 seconds on it, you'll be saving 200 seconds, that is more than 3 minutes. The thing is if you have a 5% drop rate on golden eggs, every 1000 eggs you get 50, if you optimize it you might get 1500 done in the same time and thus get 65 eggs instead!

the more you optimize the more eggs you get in the same amount of time = more €€€ (yes, € not $ --> Go EU!).

If one is interested in selling the eggs for profit, selling millers cake will get you nowhere since they are cheap in ah, so lets skip the delivery part. just go accept the quest and go get feed, hens and then eggs and so on until infinity, thus never delivering the quest! This saves the time the bots takes to chat to Jenna, deliver and accept!
A second optimization is that if one does not deliver the quest then fresh eggs are useless to us! and after testing I realized if we don't need fresh eggs simply don't even get them! you can leave the fresh egg there that the chicken will go sit there anyway and will lay another egg anyway and if there are any golden eggs laid by the chicken one can collect only those!

The only optimization I have left to test or try to improve are:
  • test if luck skills/potions/sigils influence the golden egg drop rate.*
  • try to decrease every pause made by the bot in between every targetObject(..) and movement.**
  • Try to find exact positions that NEVER cause the bot to get stuck or collide with obstacles.***
*Still to be confirmed but I don't think it has any influence.
** so far I'm working on a waittime_delta script. EDIT: using a lagtime variable that should be modified to suit each machine/situation.
***If using the teleport modded version this becomes no longer an issue.

--------------------------------------
--- Teleport addon --------------
--------------------------------------
This teleport function doesn't seem to be maintained by the developer anymore.
You can find an updated, fixed version here.
rock5

Here Will be maintained the teleport addon file.
V1.2 - uses (most)values from addresses.lua instead!
addon_teleport.lua
V1.2
(892 Bytes) Downloaded 1014 times
V1.1 - includes all three coordinates, at least 1 coordinate is required of the three. plus Minor Fix.
addon_teleport.lua
V1.1
(892 Bytes) Downloaded 280 times
V1.0 (removed because of 5 files cap)

--------------------------------------------------------------
--- Teleport Golden Egg Script Waypoint File --------------
--------------------------------------------------------------
Here Will be maintained the Teleport Egg script Waypoint file. (modded from rock5's Miller's Ranch Egg Script)
V1.3 - fixed a problem where the bot gets stuck after delivering and fixed the problem with disabling deliver that wasn't working.
TMillersRanchGold.xml
V1.3
(5.06 KiB) Downloaded 1255 times
V1.2 - Added option to deliver the quest (is set to deliver at 100 eggs), added a few tweaks and a lagtime variable.
TMillersRanchGold.xml
V1.2
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
V1.1
TMillersRanchGold.xml
V1.1 (V1.0 was deleted to include V1.3)
(3.73 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Last edited by jduartedj on Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Thanks for reading! :D

Some of you might find this useful: RoM-bot Wiki
User Functions Repository (and other useful files): Addon Repo
Latest SVN updates: SVN updates

fred55555

Re: optimizing golden eggs profit

#2 Post by fred55555 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:23 pm

the current script has already been run through for optimization to not pull errors.
the profit is getting low that it is getting to the point to just work on a bot/kill/ vendor loot script to be effiencent for higher profit / hour of running of the script

Alkaiser

#3 Post by Alkaiser » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:48 pm

fred55555 wrote:the profit is getting low that it is getting to the point to just work on a bot/kill/ vendor loot script to be effiencent for higher profit / hour of running of the script
What?!?! Really? Yahoo! Inflation! I should look into making a scrap farming script that can report gold income per hour just to see how much can actually be made this way.

One thing I've always wondered about... Where does all the new gold in the game's economy come from? Gold from quest rewards and selling scrap doesn't seem like it would be enough to result in the huge amount of gold that exists among players, and these are the only sources for new gold that I can think of. Do GM's ever inject gold into the economy? Or am I missing something?

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:05 am

jduartedj wrote:The first thing to consider is If one is interested in selling the eggs for profit, selling millers cake will get you nowhere since they are cheap in ah, so lets skip the delivery part. just go accept the quest and go get feed, hens and then eggs and so on until infinity, thus never delivering the quest! This saves the time the bots takes to chat to Jenna, deliver and accept!
A second optimization is that if one does not deliver the quest then fresh eggs are useless to us! and after testing I realized if we don't need fresh eggs simply don't even get them! you can leave the fresh egg there that the chicken will go sit there anyway and will lay another egg anyway and if there are any golden eggs laid by the chicken one can collect only those!
These are VERY good points. I'll see about adding options to the script to complete the quest or not and collect fresh eggs or not.

I'm just worried, though, if having thousands of fresh eggs stacked on each other will cause problems. Also having that many extra items might slow down the search for the Golden Eggs in the object list. Also there might be a limit to how many items can be in the objects list at any one time.

Well at least it should be easy to implement and easy to test.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jduartedj

#5 Post by jduartedj » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:36 am

rock5 wrote:These are VERY good points. I'll see about adding options to the script to complete the quest or not and collect fresh eggs or not.

I'm just worried, though, if having thousands of fresh eggs stacked on each other will cause problems. Also having that many extra items might slow down the search for the Golden Eggs in the object list. Also there might be a limit to how many items can be in the objects list at any one time.

I've ran this! and point 1. should the fresh eggs should disappear after x secs/mins? point 2. IT does create a lot of eggs on the same place but after at least 1h testing the bot targeted the chicken and golden eggs immediately even having so much stacked eggs. Point 3. I don't know if the excess of graphical "sparkles" from the eggs would slow down the process, maybe it depends on everyone's graphics card and stuff.

As for the object limit, I think it depends on how the container for such list is done, but shouldn't arise many problems!

Dwarrowdelver

#6 Post by Dwarrowdelver » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:35 am

I mentioned in the addressess thread that my script was modified, it was timing and the script cycles I changed. Although im still working on it - heres what I did.

Many of the delays in the script Im still trimming down slowly and testing until they are just past the text vanishing off screen. As to the Gathering and Collection cycle, instead of just doing one loop of feed collection/chicken feeding and egg collection ... I return it to just after the feed collection and start another Chicken feeding and egg collection cycle , after that it returns to the start. There are changes to waypoint order and location too.

I maintain a buffer of only 3 feed stacks, im not doing any quest turn ins (the quest is always on), resulting in me dumping excess normal eggs later. As I approach for the egg collection I adjust the range from 120 to 40, expanding it again only when the egg collection cycles over.

For the most part - what ive done seems to have also reduced the number of locked chickens that occured. its seems now to be far longer before I encounter one...any ideas on that?.

Sorry for the crudeness of my modifications - as I said before, im no programmer but I can see whats supposed to be occuring in the scripts. The script I modified was Chicken.xml, it seemed the most sensible starting point given my knowledge and is still a work in progress.

jduartedj

#7 Post by jduartedj » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:01 am

You wrote:For the most part - what ive done seems to have also reduced the number of locked chickens that occured. its seems now to be far longer before I encounter one...any ideas on that?.
I think this is related to ajusting the harvesting range, which applies to the range needed to find chickens! setting it to 40 will make you only find the ones right next to you and not, p.e., the one that is far at the back.

zin40

#8 Post by zin40 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:05 am

There is no real profit now in eggs. Seriously why sell for 6k each on my server and sell 6-8 stacks a day at that price? That little amount of coin is almost not worth turning on the bot. It was ok while it lasted though but finding profit in eggs is done now time to find another way to make coin. The profit was ruined by greed again. I was only selling maybe 100 eggs a day but some people have 10+ stacks of eggs in ah at a time. That is overkill.

fred55555

#9 Post by fred55555 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:24 pm

so far not optimized or anything, seem to get about 240k-360/hour only 2 bags. G-eggs are about 60k/hour. I guess if i find better drop rate mobs and time to kill ratio turn up to max g-eggs are a waist of time :) profit wise

jduartedj

#10 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:36 pm

You do have to consider the level implications!

See a level 1 doing 60k/h is very good! and level 1 can farm eggs! I get millions farming in WC w/ my lvl 54 char... but it is level 54!
You can easily setup 10 bots doing 60k/h so that 600k/h the same you cannot do with WC farming!
This taking into account that you have the resources to run 10 bots.

This is where I want to optimize! Otherwise I'd say lets just create a lvl 62 bot and farm instances or lvl 61 dailies!
Focus on that, please!

Starrider

#11 Post by Starrider » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:13 pm

ok when you say its brings more benfit I would disagree. If everybody will start now DailyQBots LVL61 you will have also a spam on Chars doing these quests. Additional normal players and you will have long waiting time for Mobs or DQ-Items.
What I think to be a big step would be to improve the interaction between two bots. For Example Heal/Supportbot like Druid/Scout as an intelligent Support for Inifarmin (CA+).

Its a long hard way to level the bot, my one is 57/52 and stills grows after I gone into a higher zone after pimping him.

firedice

#12 Post by firedice » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:50 pm

well, if people would just be patient, and sell for a fixed price, we can control the economy... instead of having greedy people who wants fast cash.

Once we all sell at the same price, we can force ppl to buy at that price, and what that means is we'll all be making more money!

people selling for like half the average price is just too greedy >.<

jduartedj

#13 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 pm

Well this is getting a little off topic but I usually try to get prices high. I've sold the same dailies for 1k and for 3k each, I always try to use higher prices unless there are a lot of people already selling low, then I have no option but to lower my rate to match the ones in the market otherwise I just won't sell, but I usually never go below the lowest price.

Alkaiser

#14 Post by Alkaiser » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:28 pm

rock5 wrote:These are VERY good points. I'll see about adding options to the script to complete the quest or not and collect fresh eggs or not.

I'm testing this now. The chicken nests looks like they're on fire! :lol:

jduartedj

#15 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:32 pm

Yes I see that.... It also increases the graphical resources needed. Can any1 test to see what is the memory difference when you don't pick up eggs?

I wonder if there is some hack to disable the sparklings.... Maybe using memory editing software or something we can come up with an address that we could write to and disable that but I ain't a memory xpert here...

Alkaiser

#16 Post by Alkaiser » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm

jduartedj wrote:Yes I see that.... It also increases the graphical resources needed. Can any1 test to see what is the memory difference when you don't pick up eggs?

I wonder if there is some hack to disable the sparklings.... Maybe using memory editing software or something we can come up with an address that we could write to and disable that but I ain't a memory xpert here...
The egg client is running over 900 mb right now. Two other clients doing other things are at around 650 mb each.

jduartedj

#17 Post by jduartedj » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:15 pm

Alkaiser wrote: The egg client is running over 900 mb right now. Two other clients doing other things are at around 650 mb each.

Like I thought... you might as well have 2 clients on and still collect fresh eggs... unless ofc we find some hack!

fobsauce

#18 Post by fobsauce » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:08 am

from what i've seen, you can't cheer the next chicken until the previous chicken has left and stopped moving

so unless you can find something to do during that time, i don't think you'll lose any efficiency from picking up the fresh eggs

jduartedj

#19 Post by jduartedj » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:46 pm

fobsauce wrote:from what i've seen, you can't cheer the next chicken until the previous chicken has left and stopped moving

so unless you can find something to do during that time, i don't think you'll lose any efficiency from picking up the fresh eggs
That seems like a valid point I'll have to test that out...

fobsauce

#20 Post by fobsauce » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm

here is something you can try in your spare time.
Test if you get rubber banded while in the ranch.
I know that if you try to teleport (set your x,y,z coordinates) in your house, you will not get rubber banded. Imagine the time you could save if you never had to walk anywhere but instead just appear there.