Tina 'Black Bar' event

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
ZZZZZ

Tina 'Black Bar' event

#1 Post by ZZZZZ » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:41 pm

This waypoint is for the current event on official server to get black bars and trade for rewards at npc's. I didn't bother with the Sarlo NPC that gives 55 simple repair hammers as it seemed to be a massive waste of time to me.

Start in Varanas Central next to the transporter and it'll finish in redhill.

Note: This waypoint assumes all transports are already unlocked. I use the quick transport addon that auto accepts the gold cost when using snoops, so if you don't, you will have to add in popup usage after the choiceoptions.

EDIT: Rock pointed out an error in the onload with the check for Galoping Gale, currently it is

Code: Select all

player.hasBuff(506688)
and should be

player:hasBuff(506688)
Have attached a fixed version.
Attachments
TinaEvent2014.xml
Fixed an typo in the onLoad.
(7.33 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
Last edited by ZZZZZ on Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

i1own0u

Re: Tina 'Black Bar' event

#2 Post by i1own0u » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 pm

Thank you. Going to try it out.

Offtopic but... anyone have a waypoint file to do the secret garden event? The one that has a 1min timer and you open chests upon chests? I know of people who are farming that for +20 jewels. Would be nice.

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:36 pm

You know you can use travelTo userfunction for easy traveling. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

ZZZZZ

#4 Post by ZZZZZ » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:08 am

yeh....i really should use that TravelTo userfunction xD I have avoided it so far because I would have to change all my waypoints haha

though i could just start using it for all new stuff and leave old stuff..... eh may as well.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:20 am

It's pretty cool because if you start your waypoint files with a travelTo in the onload and end the waypoint near a teleporter then you can mix and match waypoints easily. I just started doing it like that recently. Of course not all waypoint can start and end at a teleporter.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

noobbotter

#6 Post by noobbotter » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:18 am

I have created a bunch of small to_waypoint files such as "to_cot_tele" and "to_AT" that I use which simply has the travelTo("VaranasCentral") and then waypoints to move me to where I need to be prior to launching the next waypoint file. Those seem to work pretty well for me.

i1own0u

#7 Post by i1own0u » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:41 pm

if only i wasn't so ignorant and i could help out more than just ask.

At waypoint 12, i talk to the teleporter from central varanas and she ports me to the bridge, and it just sticks there.

Last message to show up is We successfully target NPC Noreve and try to open the dialog window.

It was already opened and I'm already ported.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:57 pm

This basic code will never be that reliable.

player:target_NPC(id)
ChoiceOptionByName(option)
waitForLoadingScreen()
Here's why.
  • 1. Sometimes it starts teleporting before the ChoiceOptionByName can finish so it doesn't do waitForLoadingScreen until after the teleport is already complete. So it gets stuck waiting for a loading screen that never comes.

2. You can add a limit so it eventually times out and continues with the code eg.

waitForLodingScreen(15)
    But if it actually fails to teleport then when it times out it will start running across country trying to get to the waypoint on the other side of the teleport.

The best way to teleport is to take note of your location, attempt a teleport (using waitForLoadingScreen with a limit) and then check if you have changed location. You can do this yourself or use a function that does it for you, such as NPCTeleport, which is included in the gotoPortal userfunction, eg.

NPCTeleport(NPCId, option)
It includes advantages such as
  • - returning true or false if it succeeds or not so it could be used like this, eg.

if not NPCTeleport(NPCId,option) then
        print("Failed to teleport for some reason.")
        player:sleep()
    end
    - It auto accepts fees.
    - It automatically checks all dialog pages on NPCs that have multiple pages of locations such as the Varanas Snoop.
    - It can accept a pre-option if you need to choose an option before the destinations are shown such as the Varanas Bridge NPC requires when you don't have a second class, eg. NPCTeleport(npcid, option, preoption)
Of course you can also use travelTo(). To change an existing waypoint file to use it, change the npc code to a travelTo command then delete all the waypoints between that waypoint and the destination waypoint.

Hope that helps.