Add skills in profile error

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
spyfromsiochain

Add skills in profile error

#1 Post by spyfromsiochain » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi, I am trying to add the elite skill lv 60 or R/wd revival to profile, but it prompts an error (check att plz)

<skill name="ROGUE_REVIVAL" hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" hpper="75" />

"Skill is not defined in database" error, this happens to some skills.

Best regards
Attachments
elite skill on profile error.JPG
I look at those fans with no blades and it amazes me everytime, how can they push air without using blades lol - lisa (pro sentence :D)

rock5

Re: Add skills in profile error

#2 Post by rock5 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:31 pm

For a skill to be used it has to exist in the skills database, "rom/database/skills.lua". If a skill is missing from the database then try to add it and, if you get it working, let us know so we can add it permanently, or if you can't add it let us know and we'll try to figure out how to set it up for you. You can get the skill and buff ids using my TooltipIds addon.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:53 pm

I think I didn't add it to my major update because theromwiki.com's database listed it as a passive skill.
Since I don't have a R/Wd to test the elites with, I had no information that indicated it was a user activated skill.

spyfromsiochain

#4 Post by spyfromsiochain » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:13 pm

Regarding to this post, I added the skill in skills.xml:

<!-- Rogue/Warden -->
<skill name="ROGUE_WEAK_POINT_STRIKE" id="494043" range="50" type="damage" casttime="0" cooldown="4" target="enemy" />
<skill name="ROGUE_BLOODTHIRSTY_BLADE" id="494045" range="50" type="damage" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="enemy" />
<skill name="ROGUE_EMOTIONAL_OBSTRUCTION" id="494545" range="150" type="damage" casttime="0" cooldown="90" target="enemy" buffname="504249" />
<skill name="ROGUE_WOUND_PATCH" id="494921" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="self" buffname="505685" />
<skill name="ROGUE_REVIVAL" id="499542" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="8" target="self" buffname="623072" />
<skill name="ROGUE_PHANTOM_BLADE" id="494922" range="50" type="damage" casttime="0" cooldown="120" target="enemy" />

(in elites section.)

And triggering in profile:

<skills_rogue>
<skill name="ROGUE_REVIVAL" hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" />
<skill name="ROGUE_LOW_BLOW" hotkey="MACRO" priority="70" />
<skill name="WARDEN_CHARGED_CHOP" hotkey="MACRO" priority="65" />
<skill name="WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD" hotkey="MACRO" priority="60" />
<skill name="ROGUE_WOUND_PATCH" hotkey="MACRO" priority="60" />
</skills_rogue>

The skill reads:

Revival elite lv 70 R/wd
"While in a Wound Patch state, each time you receive Physical or Magical Damage you can stack a Revival effect. Effect can be stacked a maximum of 10 times. Actively using Revival makes you recover HP. The amount of HP you recover is dependent on Revival."

and

Wound Patch elite lv 45
"When you suffer physical or magic attacks within 900.0 seconds, you will recover 30.0 HP.
(After the effect has ended it cannot be triggered again for 30.0 seconds.)"

The only problem I see in this skill, I configure it to be always triggering, all the time, but it only triggers when there is no stack, do I have to configure the skill in a different way, because its a stackable skill?
I look at those fans with no blades and it amazes me everytime, how can they push air without using blades lol - lisa (pro sentence :D)

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 pm

Sounds like it will need some extra information added to the skill in the skills.xml file.

Code: Select all

reqbuffname="######"   reqbuffcount="#"   reqbufftarget="player"

spyfromsiochain

#6 Post by spyfromsiochain » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Bill D Cat wrote:Sounds like it will need some extra information added to the skill in the skills.xml file.

Code: Select all

reqbuffname="######"   reqbuffcount="#"   reqbufftarget="player"

Like this?

<skill name="ROGUE_WOUND_PATCH" id="494921" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="self" buffname="505685" />

<skill name="ROGUE_REVIVAL" id="499542" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="8" target="self" buffname="623072" reqbuffname="505685" reqbuffcount="1" reqbufftarget="player" />

The behaviour is the same, nothing changed, it triggers when there is no stack on skill, sorry is kind of a "revival 0", wich is not bad, I wont mind it at all, but even in this case, it doesnt trigger every 8 sec since its the CD of the skill.

I have no ideia way.

ty

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:18 pm

Let me see if I understand correctly.

Wound Patch skill is a buff which gives you buff 505685 which is also called Wound Patch.

If you have the Revival skill then, while Wound patch is on, you stack "Revival effect". If you use the Revival skill when you have the Revival effect then you get Healed.

Does that sound right?

So your first problem is you are treating Revival as a buf but it's actually a heal, as in when you use it it heals you. And the reqbuff is the revival effect not Wound Patch.

So you could try setting it up as a heal with reqbuff and see if it works as intended.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the Revival buff. Does that appear when you cast Revival or when you use Wound Patch?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

spyfromsiochain

#8 Post by spyfromsiochain » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 pm

Sorry the time I took to answer this post, not much time here.

I tried several options, with "hot" "heal" with "req..." with "buffname" etc nothing seems to work:

<skill name="ROGUE_REVIVAL" id="499542" range="0" type="heal" casttime="0" cooldown="8" target="self" reqbuffname="623072" reqbufftarget="player" />

Looks quite simple, the thing is the skill can used every 8 sec, doesnt even require wound patch buff skill, but if u have the wound patch skill on, every time u get hit u stack a debuff that can stack till 10, anytime u can do Revival skill doesnt matter the stacks, can be stack "0", but if u have more stacks u get more heals (looks percentual healing).

ty guys

Ps: I got it working all the time like this btw:

<skill name="ROGUE_REVIVAL" id="499542" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="8" target="self" />

with "buff", its not too fancy programming thou, just spams the skill.