Problem (and fix) with Warden's Frantic Briar

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
leroy

Problem (and fix) with Warden's Frantic Briar

#1 Post by leroy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 am

In skill database Frantic Briar is listed as:

Code: Select all

<skill name="WARDEN_FRANTIC_BRIAR"		id="493391" range="0"	type="damage"		casttime="0"	cooldown="12"	target="enemy"		aoecenter="player" aoerange="60"/>
However like that I cant get it to cast. I needed to change the range property to 80, like this:

<skill name="WARDEN_FRANTIC_BRIAR"		id="493391" range="80"	type="damage"		casttime="0"	cooldown="12"	target="enemy"		aoecenter="player" aoerange="60"/>
I'm not sure what aoerange is supposed to do, it seems related to skills that dont have player as center. I dont see aoerange on Mage Purgatory Fire, Frantic Briar is like Purgatory.

I think Frantic Briar should be adjusted, add range=80 and remove aoerange.

rock5

Re: Problem (and fix) with Warden's Frantic Briar

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:05 am

I'm pretty sure that used to be set up properly. I wonder how it got messed up. Looks like Bill D Cat messed it up but he did such a great job tidying up the skills I think we can forgive him. :D

I'll fix it for the next commit.

You are correct in your assumptions. AOERange only applies to skills that do not center on the player. If an aoe skill is centered on a player then it just uses 'range'.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:49 pm

</Erkel>Did I do that?</Erkel>

Oops, I know I missed a few things in there, but as I rarely play a Warden I doubt I would have noticed that one at all. I also managed to completely omit the Mage/Rogue Shadow Protection Elite skill.

<skill name="MAGE_SHADOW_PROTECTION"				id="493030" range="0"	type="buff"			casttime="0"	cooldown="0"	target="self"		buffname="504274" />
On a side note for the skills.xml file, would it be worth the effort for me to also add in all the aslevel="" options for all the skills? I just may do it regardless just for the sake of completeness, but wanted to ask if there was any drawback to doing so.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:03 pm

The bot gets the aslevel value from memory. It doesn't get it from the xml file. So it would be a waste of time.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro