Any of you running more than one bot?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
deathdealer1252

Any of you running more than one bot?

#1 Post by deathdealer1252 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:03 am

Curious if any of you run more than 1 client / bot on a single computer. If so how many do you run, what are the bots doing (fighting / harvesting / etc..), what OS are you using, and what is your computer specifications? If you are running more than 1 client / bot, does the game crash for you?

swietlowka

Re: Any of you running more than one bot?

#2 Post by swietlowka » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:32 am

up to 10 here (doing eggs), 4gb ddr2, athlon x2 64b winxp
on other scripts i belive it have to be less than 10, cause of bigger map loaded. but was running 3 fighting + 2 doing dailys with no problem

barbarossa

#3 Post by barbarossa » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:35 am

also this is a serios problematic questchen bud

i run more than 1 but is still not easy to say how much you can run
you need to look in
how much ram u us / have
the cpu / how fast
is the computer older than 4 jahrs?
also u got ddr1 / 2 / 3 type of ram
or 32/64 bit cpu?

if u have 32 bit whit 1 gig ram and agp grafik u can run up to 3 clients but whit lags
2 clients whit no problems

if u have 64 bit whit 4 gig ram or more whit a express grafik card interface
so i guess u can run up to 6 or more clients

and harvest or figth is not so much diverence i guess only problem is the game interface
also u can blend out interface "strg+z (de) strg+y (en)"
so u save up to 10 mb ram each client

hehe swiet* wars faster :P

deathdealer1252

#4 Post by deathdealer1252 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:25 am

What OS do you both use (64 / 32 bit)? What does your bot do harvest or fight?

In the research I have been doing there is a huge difference between fighting and harvesting. I can run 24 clients on 1 computer (all of them fighting), not have a single one crash (this is having the clients / bots run over 12 hours). But if I have them harvesting, they will start crashing one by one, within 20 minutes.

I have 24 gigs of ram, that is not the issue. My issue is the game crashes. So my question to you is, are you able to run more than 1 client / bot, without it crashing?

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks for the information. So far we've narrowed it down to something in the harvesting function (and I'm pretty sure I have an idea of what it could be, and will test this once I actually get the time). Continue to post any information you have. Specifically, exactly what is happening at the time of the crash (moving along waypoints, scanning for harvestables [happens right when reaching a harvest point], moving to the harvestable, collecting the harvestable, directly after finishing the harvestable). Screenshots are acceptable here.

deathdealer1252

#6 Post by deathdealer1252 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:48 pm

I will try to get that information to you.

One thing I can tell you right now, each clients seems to crash within 20 minutes.

For example: I will be running 12 clients (on the same computer), the first one will crash within 10 - 20 minutes, then the second will crash 10 - 20 minutes after the first one crashed, etc... Not sure if that helps, but that seems odd to me, cause I would think they would just crash around the same time.

**EDIT**
I would be willing to test any kind of fix, so if you want, you can just send the fixed file over to me, to try out.

barbarossa

#7 Post by barbarossa » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:11 am

deathdealer1252 wrote:What OS do you both use (64 / 32 bit)? What does your bot do harvest or fight?
iam used win 7 32bit 1 gig ram
and iam harvast on 2 clients
or 1 figthing and 1 eggs
2 clients eggs

or i used 3 client 1 in guildcastel ride of dept and other 2 clients doing eggs

working over 10-13 h whitout any crashes

deathdealer1252

#8 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:33 pm

markusbab wrote: iam used win 7 32bit 1 gig ram
and iam harvast on 2 clients
or 1 figthing and 1 eggs
2 clients eggs

or i used 3 client 1 in guildcastel ride of dept and other 2 clients doing eggs

working over 10-13 h whitout any crashes
So you are able to run 2 clients on 1 computer for 12 hours+, and both clients are only harvesting? So odd, I even tried 32 bit and still got crashes, I wonder what I am doing wrong then.

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:51 pm

I think crashes happen with scripts that move over large areas or with teleports or often move through crowded areas like towns and cities.

That's why people can run so many egg scripts, because it is confined to a small area with only yourself.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

deathdealer1252

#10 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:03 pm

Not running through any crowded areas, waypoint paths are relatively small (could try to make them even smaller, but highly doubt that will make a difference). None of my paths are doing any kind of teleporting. Also I can run the same exact paths (except I change them to fighting, instead of harvesting) and I do not get a crash.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:23 pm

deathdealer1252 wrote:Not running through any crowded areas, waypoint paths are relatively small (could try to make them even smaller, but highly doubt that will make a difference). None of my paths are doing any kind of teleporting. Also I can run the same exact paths (except I change them to fighting, instead of harvesting) and I do not get a crash.
Maybe you are right and it's a harvesting issue.

It's probably going to be difficult to nail the cause of the problem but I'm sure Administrator will do his best as soon as you give him the information he asked for.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

deathdealer1252

#12 Post by deathdealer1252 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 pm

Yeah, I have seen it crashing when it finds a node, still trying to see if I can find it crashing when it is doing something else.

Abul

#13 Post by Abul » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:01 pm

Hey guys, I've just started playing RoM again now that my schooling is finnnnalllyyy over :D ...And it appears they've patched multiclienting by just opening 2 game processes normally which is how it used to work. Is this Just for the newly created Aus sever or can I just not find a multiclient hack? Usually just bot one play one. :)
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Just start one at a time until the login screen.

An Aussie server? I hadn't heard of that.

Abul

#15 Post by Abul » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:23 am

oh god, no wonder..I'm logging onto the same account..forgot I need to make 2... not just have 2 chars from the same account... thats embarrassing :P

also aus sites just http://www.runesofmagic.com.au/au/index.html

and im not sure if its the script or my account or something..but the l1-10 thing doesn't seem to do any quests or kill many..just runs , kills 1 thing..runs back miles...and so on :) puts on the armors and such though
24 hours in a day
24 beers in a slab

coincidence? I THINK NOT