Issues with Farming at the Pet Farm

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Eluzive

Issues with Farming at the Pet Farm

#1 Post by Eluzive » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 pm

Hello, I am having issues with getting my character to harvest some Fresh Grass in the Pet Farm.

I have gotten the id for the Fresh Grass and added it to the nodes.xml which contains all the other harvesting nodes.
Now my problem is that during harvest my player cancels it in the middle of getting the grass. I have tried to change the harvest time in my profile:

<option name="HARVEST_TIME" value="200" /> -- how long we maximum harvest a node

but it doesn't seem like it is changing.

So I am wondering if there is a better way of doing this.

Following is my code waypoint file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
if (inventory:itemTotalCount(112954) == 10) then
loadPaths("Farm_Cow");
end;
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="4236" z="3386">player:harvest(); yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 2 --><waypoint x="4236" z="3386">player:harvest(); yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="4236" z="3386">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 4 --><waypoint x="4108" z="3536"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 5 --><waypoint x="4116" z="3502">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 6 --><waypoint x="4095" z="3485">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 7 --><waypoint x="4095" z="3485">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 8 --><waypoint x="4106" z="3417"> </waypoint>
</waypoints>

I am also wondering, is there a way for me to click the Cows without having it in the foreground?

Thanks!

rock5

Re: Issues with Farming at the Pet Farm

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Eluzive wrote:Hello, I am having issues with getting my character to harvest some Fresh Grass in the Pet Farm.

I have gotten the id for the Fresh Grass and added it to the nodes.xml which contains all the other harvesting nodes.
Now my problem is that during harvest my player cancels it in the middle of getting the grass. I have tried to change the harvest time in my profile:

<option name="HARVEST_TIME" value="200" /> -- how long we maximum harvest a node

but it doesn't seem like it is changing.

So I am wondering if there is a better way of doing this.

Following is my code waypoint file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
if (inventory:itemTotalCount(112954) == 10) then
loadPaths("Farm_Cow");
end;
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="4236" z="3386">player:harvest(); yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 2 --><waypoint x="4236" z="3386">player:harvest(); yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="4236" z="3386">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 4 --><waypoint x="4108" z="3536"> </waypoint>
<!-- # 5 --><waypoint x="4116" z="3502">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 6 --><waypoint x="4095" z="3485">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 7 --><waypoint x="4095" z="3485">player:harvest();yrest(400);</waypoint>
<!-- # 8 --><waypoint x="4106" z="3417"> </waypoint>
</waypoints>

I am also wondering, is there a way for me to click the Cows without having it in the foreground?

Thanks!
For both the grass and the cows you can use the new function 'player:target_Object()'. You can use the name instead of the id and it doesn't use the mouse so the window doesn't need to be in the foreground. You can read more about the function here.

Or you can use my milk script here
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

qcalex

#3 Post by qcalex » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:01 pm

as rock5 said just go see from page 7 at the eggs post, ive posted (and rock5) waypoints for both milk and chickens. ;)

Eluzive

#4 Post by Eluzive » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:29 am

Ahh sweet thanks so much guys :)

kanta

#5 Post by kanta » Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:09 am

I'm having an issue with the script constantly collecting grass. It is not moving on to getting the milk.
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

AngelDrago

#6 Post by AngelDrago » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:36 am

kanta wrote:I'm having an issue with the script constantly collecting grass. It is not moving on to getting the milk.

i'm having the same issue as above

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 am

My guess is the id it uses in "inventory:itemTotalCount" is wrong. It should be the id of the item when it's in your bags. Find the right id or just use the item name.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

AngelDrago

#8 Post by AngelDrago » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 am

I think i fix it it seems to be working the way it should be... see below...

Code: Select all

<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="4105" z="3469" tag="get_herb">
	>>>	player:target_Object([color=#404040]112954[/color],7500,true) <<<<
should be   player:target_Object([color=#BF0040]204788[/color],7500,true)	
		__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("npc"));
	</waypoint>

but maybe i'm wrong...

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:33 am

Everything in the game, I mean things you click on such as npc, mobs, resource nodes, have an id that starts with 1. So I think the target_Object command was correct. What I think was wrong was the itemTotalCount that counts the items in the bag.
Eluzive wrote:if (inventory:itemTotalCount(112954) == 10) then
That's using an id that starts with 1. Items in your bag can't have ids that start with 1. So like I said, find the right id for this or use the item name.

Bill D Cat

#10 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:28 pm

I had a question regarding inventory:itemTotalCount() that I couldn't answer myself by digging through the LUA and XML files. If the InventoryViewer add-on is present, does this function return a count of only the items specified in the current characters bag, or does it also list any other characters on the account as well?

Reason I ask is I was just getting my feet wet with creating a series of waypoint files to run all the quests available in Logar prior to getting your second class, and was alternating between two characters. The first character was used to create the waypoint and get the NPC and Quest IDs, and the second was to test to make sure it ran smoothly.

I got up to the point of collecting the fresh wolf hearts in preparation of dealing with the Red Eye Night Bear and had a check in the waypoint file to keep gathering hearts until I had reached 10. At that point it would jump to a labeled waypoint and summon the bear.

Well I had 7 hearts on my first character that I collected while setting up the waypoint, and when the second character got 3 more it headed to the spot to summon the bear. I went back and dropped the 7 hearts the first character had, then re-ran the waypoint on the second character and it completed as expected.

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:51 pm

The bot doesn't interact with the Inventory Viewer addon. Maybe you just got mixed up or confused yourself. Or maybe there is a bug in your waypoint file. You should be able to test the itemTotalCount command from the 'commandline' to check the values returned. Eg.

print(inventory:itemTotalCount("wolf heart"))

Bill D Cat

#12 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:20 pm

I used the Commandline option as you suggested and it works as you said. Here is the section of code from my waypoint file that I was using to check if I had enough hearts. Is there anything in here that looks like it might be a problem? I believe that I have my tags for the branching set up correctly at least.

<!-- #  4 --><waypoint x="-2427" z="-4163" y="75" tag="Wolf">	</waypoint>
        -- Extra waypoints removed --
	<!-- #  9 --><waypoint x="-2875" z="-3702" y="-3">
				if (inventory:itemTotalCount(201189) > 9) then -- Fresh Wolf Hearts
					__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("MagicCircle"))
				else
					__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("Wolf"))
				end
	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 10 --><waypoint x="-3072" z="-3737" y="-5" tag="MagicCircle">
					player:target_Object(110091); -- Magic Stone Circle
	</waypoint>

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:11 am

It's good to hear the function worked and the code above looks correct so I'm not sure what happened. I don't know why the second character only collected 3 Hearts before going to the Circle. You might have to figure it out yourself. Try a few things. Or else you will need to provide more clues.