Warrior skills settings

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jpp

Warrior skills settings

#1 Post by jpp » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:17 pm

I got problem with correct settings of Warrior skils. I just do not know what I'm doing wrong.

My skils setings are:

Code: Select all

<skills_warrior>
	<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"           modifier="" hotkey="VK_2" priority="90" />
	<skill name="WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK"  modifier="" hotkey="VK_4" priority="80" />
	<skill name="WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK"      modifier="" hotkey="VK_5" priority="20" />
	<skill name="WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATTACK" modifier="" hotkey="VK_8" priority="20" />
</skills_warrior>
[/size]
So I would expect first Slash to be used to get bleeding effect and second tactical attack, plus first probing attack to get vulnerable effect and then open flank.
Also seems it is described correctly in skills.xml file (so we are debuffing),
But here is example log from fight:
Użyj 5: WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK => Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (968/1180)
Użyj 5: WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK => Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (781/1180)
Użyj 2: WARRIOR_SLASH => Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (460/986)
Użyj 4: WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTA=> Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (0/986)
and it is common that sometimes he starts from OPEN_FLANK while it should never start becuase there is no vulnerable effect on target.

I'm a bit lost. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Also after last updates I found bot running almost perfectly on my 500-600 waypoint files,so I see people asking me to join the guild, so I think they have no idea there is someprogram running behind:) but still I try to answer them.

rock5

Re: Warrior skills settings

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:26 pm

jpp wrote:I got problem with correct settings of Warrior skils. I just do not know what I'm doing wrong.

My skils setings are:

<skills_warrior>
	<skill name="WARRIOR_SLASH"           modifier="" hotkey="VK_2" priority="90" />
	<skill name="WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTACK"  modifier="" hotkey="VK_4" priority="80" />
	<skill name="WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK"      modifier="" hotkey="VK_5" priority="20" />
	<skill name="WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATTACK" modifier="" hotkey="VK_8" priority="20" />
</skills_warrior>
[/size]
So I would expect first Slash to be used to get bleeding effect and second tactical attack, plus first probing attack to get vulnerable effect and then open flank.
Also seems it is described correctly in skills.xml file (so we are debuffing),
But here is example log from fight:
Użyj 5: WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK => Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (781/1180)
Użyj 2: WARRIOR_SLASH => Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (460/986)
Użyj 4: WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTA=> Truj─ůca Wa┼╝ka (0/986)
and it is common that sometimes he starts from OPEN_FLANK while it should never start becuase there is no vulnerable effect on target.

I'm a bit lost. Is it a bug or I'm doing something wrong.

Also after last updates I found bot running almost perfectly on my 500-600 waypoint files,so I see people asking me to join the guild, so I think they have no idea there is someprogram running behind:) but still I try to answer them.
Why it is not starting with slash, I'm not sure. Slash and Probing Attack need more Rage. Maybe you are short on rage when starting the attack?

As to why it can cast Open Flank with no Vulnerability, I think it's because the debuff settings are not correct. I'm not too familiar with these options but I could find no 'debuff' value in the skill class so I don't think that does anything. The debuff settings should be as follows;
reqbufftype
reqbuffcount
reqbufftarget
reqbuffname

So I think in skills.xml it should be;

<skill name="WARRIOR_OPEN_FLANK" aslevel="2" skilltab="4" skillnum="2" rage="10"reqbufftype="debuff" reqbufftarget="target" reqbuffname="vulnerable" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy" />
I'm not sure if reqbuffcount is needed or not.

Hope that helps.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jpp

#3 Post by jpp » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:08 am

Sure there is no rage when first attack is done, but also there is no buf required for OPEN_FLANK.
Seems reqbufftarget="target" parameter in skills was not implemented yet.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:29 am

jpp wrote:Sure there is no rage when first attack is done, but also there is no buf required for OPEN_FLANK.
Seems reqbufftarget="target" parameter in skills was not implemented yet.
Sorry, forgot warrior energy starts at 0.

So because Open Flanks debuff isn't set up properly, it gets cast first (or tries to cast first) because it has the lowest rage requirement.

Also it is hard to control the order of cast skills when you have to wait for the Rage to grow. While Rage is growing the bot is continuously going through the skill list, not finding any skills it can cast because the rage isn't high enough. When Rage is high enough for the skill it is checking, it could be anywhere in the list.

You might need advice from other warrior players as to how they control their attack sequences. It might require the use of <onSkillCast>. I personally have no experience setting up for warrior class.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro