Trouble with Ingamefunctions Addon

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
nokirk

Trouble with Ingamefunctions Addon

#1 Post by nokirk » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi There,

first of all, thank u so much for the RomBot, it's a LOT of fun playing around with it.

Unfortunately I can't get the Inventory Autosell Functions to work. I succeed reaching a vendor, the shop window opens, but an error message tells me that because of the missing Ingamefunctions addon and INV_AUTOSELL_NOSELL_DURA lines in the code he won't sell anything.

I have copied the addon to the /Interface/Addons folder, restartet the game a lot of times, but it seems like the addon doesn't get loaded. I also tried copying the addon folder to just /Interface, but that didn't help either. Also, when I check the SaveVariables.lua there's no entry from Ingamefunctions. I have installed a lot of other addons, they all work fine, so I guess there might be something in the code that doesn't work with the actual client? Or could there be problems with the German client I'm using?
Apart from that I tried to work around so it would just sell all white and green items unregarding to dura, went through all xml files to delete INV_AUTOSELL_NOSELL_DURA and INV_AUTOSELL_STATS_NOSELL lines or set them to "" - didn't help either.

The bot just won't sell anything.
Anybody got an idea what to do? Would be much appreciated :D

Thanks again,
nokirk

rock5

Re: Trouble with Ingamefunctions Addon

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:05 pm

nokirk wrote:Hi There,

first of all, thank u so much for the RomBot, it's a LOT of fun playing around with it.

Unfortunately I can't get the Inventory Autosell Functions to work. I succeed reaching a vendor, the shop window opens, but an error message tells me that because of the missing Ingamefunctions addon and INV_AUTOSELL_NOSELL_DURA lines in the code he won't sell anything.

I have copied the addon to the /Interface/Addons folder, restartet the game a lot of times, but it seems like the addon doesn't get loaded. I also tried copying the addon folder to just /Interface, but that didn't help either. Also, when I check the SaveVariables.lua there's no entry from Ingamefunctions. I have installed a lot of other addons, they all work fine, so I guess there might be something in the code that doesn't work with the actual client? Or could there be problems with the German client I'm using?
Apart from that I tried to work around so it would just sell all white and green items unregarding to dura, went through all xml files to delete INV_AUTOSELL_NOSELL_DURA and INV_AUTOSELL_STATS_NOSELL lines or set them to "" - didn't help either.

The bot just won't sell anything.
Anybody got an idea what to do? Would be much appreciated :D

Thanks again,
nokirk
When the Ingamefunctions gets loaded it sets the variable IGF_INSTALLED = true so the bot can check to see if it's installed. Try typing this in the rom client chat;

Code: Select all

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(IGF_INSTALLED)
If it returns "true" then it installed.

As to SaveVariables.lua, there wouldn't be any entry as it doesn't need to save any settings or values.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

nokirk

#3 Post by nokirk » Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Thank you for your answer, Rock!

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(IGF_INSTALLED)
returned "true".

However, when I start the bot there's still the error message "The ingamefunctions addon (igf) is not installed! You set options that need igf. We will not sell items! ...".
Apart from that everything else works fine.

I tried setting

bot.IgfAddon = true; 
in Settings.lua and removed the If/else query but didn't help. Still the error message.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:36 am

nokirk wrote:However, when I start the bot there's still the error message "The ingamefunctions addon (igf) is not installed! You set options that need igf. We will not sell items! ...".
If bot.IgfAddon is equal to "true" you should not be getting that error when starting. Here is the section of the loadprofile function in settings.lua that displays that message. It's about line 1075.

-- error if igf (ingamefunctions) addon isn't installed and options are set
	if( bot.IgfAddon == false	and
		( settings.profile.options.INV_AUTOSELL_NOSELL_DURA > 0	or
		  settings.profile.options.INV_AUTOSELL_STATS_NOSELL ~= nil ) ) then
		error(language[1004], 0)	-- Ingamefunctions addon (igf) is not installed
	end
As you can see, it will only show the error message if bot.IgfAddon is equal to "false". Does that look the same as what you have?

The only other suggestion I have is, maybe in changing stuff to try to get it to work, you've stuffed it up. Maybe you can try reverting to the original current SVN?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

nokirk

#5 Post by nokirk » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:08 am

rock5 wrote:As you can see, it will only show the error message if bot.IgfAddon is equal to "false". Does that look the same as what you have?

The only other suggestion I have is, maybe in changing stuff to try to get it to work, you've stuffed it up. Maybe you can try reverting to the original current SVN?
Hi Rock,

thank u for your advices.

I reinstalled everything and updated it to the current SVN - but it still didn't work. So I changed the game language to english - now autoselling works, even with durability check. I'm guessing there might be a translation problem when it reads out durability and or quality of the items. Unfortunately I couldn't find out where the exact problem lies, probably in some routine in Ingamefunctions.lua or maybe in Inventory.lua? Unfortunately I'm not a programmer so I'm having trouble understanding the build of the complete program and the code lines.

Nevertheless, autoselling doesn't work with the German client atm.

If you can tell me the lines to translate I'd definetely would like to help.

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:25 am

nokirk wrote:Nevertheless, autoselling doesn't work with the German client atm.

I don't think I'm qualified to give advice on language client problems. To me it looks like the problem isn't language related. Where it says in the sample I gave above "if( bot.IgfAddon == false and" that should work in any language so it shouldn't display the error message if bot.IgfAddon = true. Also are you using 3.0.2 version of game?

But like I said, I don't understand the effects different language clients have on the bot. For this you really need Administrator.

If you wish to contribute German language file look in the language folder and translate the English version into a German file. I'm sure other German will appreciate it.

3cmSailorfuku

#7 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:47 am

rock5 wrote:
nokirk wrote:Nevertheless, autoselling doesn't work with the German client atm.

I don't think I'm qualified to give advice on language client problems. To me it looks like the problem isn't language related. Where it says in the sample I gave above "if( bot.IgfAddon == false and" that should work in any language so it shouldn't display the error message if bot.IgfAddon = true. Also are you using 3.0.2 version of game?

But like I said, I don't understand the effects different language clients have on the bot. For this you really need Administrator.

If you wish to contribute German language file look in the language folder and translate the English version into a German file. I'm sure other German will appreciate it.
I'm using the german client localization of RoM and it works properly.