----===== new revision of Patch 4.0.6.2483 =====----

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
cufRet8e

Re: ----===== new revision of Patch 4.0.6.2483 =====----

#81 Post by cufRet8e » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:55 am

I discovered how to do a micromacro.exe crash (Windows message about illegal operation)
Create file called (example)

Code: Select all

2.enDaily_Xaveria-FLCamp-my copy
And put it in rom\waypoints catalog. It's a file without extension, doesn't matter what file contains, may be empty as well. This is just example. I done some testing, it seems that micromacro.exe will crash when we put a file without extension to this catalog, but some other special conditions about filename must be met to have a crash.

Administrator
Site Admin

#82 Post by Administrator » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 am

cufRet8e wrote:I discovered how to do a micromacro.exe crash (Windows message about illegal operation)
Create file called (example)

Code: Select all

2.enDaily_Xaveria-FLCamp-my copy
And put it in rom\waypoints catalog. It's a file without extension, doesn't matter what file contains, may be empty as well. This is just example. I done some testing, it seems that micromacro.exe will crash when we put a file without extension to this catalog, but some other special conditions about filename must be met to have a crash.
Nice find. Turns out it was caused by a buffer overflow in getDirectory(). I've fixed it, but won't be uploading it to the site just yet (non-critical, easily avoidable, not enough changes since 1.01 to warrant updating). If you really need a copy, you can either PM me or compile your own copy (SVN contains the fixed source).

To avoid the crash, don't use anything more than a 16-character extension.

rock5

#83 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 am

"error in memory reading" errors should be fixed in rev 689.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro