rock5's "fastLogin Revisited"

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: rock5's "fastLogin Revisited"

#601 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:54 am

Great! They're few and far between. :D
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

noobbotter

#602 Post by noobbotter » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:58 pm

Mine works fine. I have it running 10 characters on 3 different accounts running through dailies, minigames, buying, mailing, and several other things, but I have a question on the use of the SetCharList function. I have a couple different points where, depending on character status, inventory, etc..., it may log the next character. Of course I have about 12 different waypoint files they get run through and about 4 of them have the SetCharList on them. So my question is, if I set my character list in the first waypoint directly in the onload section, does that list remain available regardless of how many waypoint files are loaded afterward or would I need to do what I'm doing, by specifying the character list in any waypoint file that has the LoginNextChar() command?

I guess I have the same question about the SetRestartClientSettings(frequency, client) function. Would I only need this command run once, or do I need to run it in any waypoint file that might log next character? Thanks.

rock5

#603 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:40 am

It would save the setting but if you have to restart for what ever reason, it wont have the charlist unless you start with the first script.

Normally you wouldn't have multiple places where it can relog because you want it to end at the same place so that the start of the next day the character will be where you expect it to be. So normally, if it can't do a waypoint file, it would skip it and load the next until it reaches the last waypoint file where you would change character. If done like that you would only need to set the character list and change character in the last waypoint file.

But if you still want to relog in different files without having to repeat code, you could have a special waypoint file just for changing character. You could even just use my survivalnext.xml waypoint file http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 714#p29714. So instead of reloging you would just load this file which will have your relog settings and it would change character and load your first waypoint. Actually, survivalnext is a bit out of date. There, I just updated it.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

noobbotter

#604 Post by noobbotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:46 am

ok, I'll do that using a single waypoint that's used to reload characters. Another question... in the SetRestartClientSettings(3, "rom") setting, when it tries to run it, it can't find the rom shortcut to the game client. my shortcut was created using the windows 7 create shortcut function. is the link supposed to be a batch file?

rock5

#605 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:17 am

It should be ok, as long as when it asked for a name for the link you didn't name it "rom.lnk" because it adds the .lnk extension itself. So if you did name it "rom.lnk" then it would get named "rom.lnk.lnk". Basically if you see "rom.lnk" then you named it wrong and should rename it "rom".

noobbotter

#606 Post by noobbotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:23 pm

I think I found the mistake I made... the shortcut I made was to "client.exe" instead of the runes of magic exe (can't remember the exact file name). Haven't tried it yet as I'm not at home now but I'm sure it'll work the next time I try it. Thanks.

883Dman

#607 Post by 883Dman » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Is there a different command to use to interact with the house keeper? I have my biggies running a wp that ends inside their house, so when the next character logs in I need to get them to leave the house. I have everything working except clicking the "leave house" option.

Code: Select all

<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-18045" z="-2670" y="825">		
	player:merchant("Momo Cidolph");
	yrest(300); 
	 sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);"); yrest(400);
	  waitForLoadingScreen();
	 SetCharList({ -- example character list

{account=4, chars= {2,3,6}},
    })
    LoginNextChar()
	SetChannelForLogin(1)
	player:target_NPC("Housekeeper");
	yrest(400);
	 waitForLoadingScreen();
	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-18045" z="-2670" y="825">	</waypoint>
Everything is working. The character opens the house keeper dialog but is not selecting it. IF it would just click "leave house" it would work perfect.

noobbotter

#608 Post by noobbotter » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:56 pm

I think I used to use this to leave my house:

NPCTeleport("Housekeeper", "Leave the house");
you wouldn't even have to target the house keeper first. I think this does require the NPCTeleport userfunction though. It's the 3rd function listed on this page: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... PCTeleport.

rock5

#609 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:40 am

noobbotter wrote:I think I found the mistake I made... the shortcut I made was to "client.exe" instead of the runes of magic exe (can't remember the exact file name). Haven't tried it yet as I'm not at home now but I'm sure it'll work the next time I try it. Thanks.
It is supposed to be a shortcut of "client.exe".
883Dman wrote:Is there a different command to use to interact with the house keeper?
Yes. The in-game "ChoiceOption" doesn't work with the in-house maid. I don't think NPCTeleport will work as I only see "ChoiceOption" used in it but I do know the bot function "ChoiceOptionByName" does work. It first tries "ChoiceOption" and when that doesn't work it tries the other command "SpeakFrame_ListDialogOption" that does work with the in-house maid.

noobbotter

#610 Post by noobbotter » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:38 am

rock5 wrote:It is supposed to be a shortcut of "client.exe".
Hmmm. I can't figure out why this isn't working then. I have the rom shorcut in my micromacro/scripts/rom folder which points to my client.exe of my runes of magic. Maybe there's some kind of weird folder permissions not allowing the script to execute it. I'll check that out when I get a chance and see what I can figure out.

883Dman

#611 Post by 883Dman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:26 pm

I'm loading next char and leaving my house fine now, but MM is freezing once I port outside my house.

player:merchant("Momo Cidolph");
	yrest(300); 
	  waitForLoadingScreen();
	 SetCharList({ -- example character list

{account=4, chars= {2,3,6}},
		    {account=7, chars= {2}},
    })
    LoginNextChar()
	SetChannelForLogin(1)
	yrest(2500);
	NPCTeleport("Housekeeper", "Leave the house");
	 waitForLoadingScreen();
	</waypoint>
	  player:mount()
	</waypoint>

rock5

#612 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:42 pm

I think SetChannelForLogin has to be done before LoginNextChar. It doesn't change the channel there and then, it sets a value that will affect what channel it logins in to when you relog. So it has to be before LoginNextChar.

So NPCTeleport works? Ah, I missed the ChoiceOptionByName used in it.

NPCTeleport was designed to be an "all in one" function. As such, it has it's own "waitForLoadingScreen". So your code is doing the waitForLoadingScreen after it has already left the house. Remove your waitForLoadingScreen after the NPCTeleport and it should be fine.

883Dman

#613 Post by 883Dman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:24 pm

damn i mean to take that out to see. That explains why it runs after i went back in my house. Thx,

Desmond

#614 Post by Desmond » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:04 pm

Hello you,that I need register in Waypoints Upon completion of 10deylov Cycles the next boat character on account tomzhe.I'm sorry that I write through Do not know the language translator.

noobbotter

#615 Post by noobbotter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:17 am

It is supposed to be a shortcut of "client.exe".
I can't figure out why this won't work for me. Can't seem to get client to restart. I get a window that comes up and says it can't find "S:\Program Files\micromacro\scripts\rom\rom.lnk" but I guarantee that I created the shortcut to the client.exe and placed it in the rom directory with the name of "rom". In the properties dialog, I can see that it's actual full name is rom.lnk. I also tried it with renaming the file to "rom4u" and changed it accordingly in the waypoint's SetRestartClientSettings command. I can't figure out why it keeps coming back saying the file isn't there. I checked everything I could think of with permissions. Any ideas?

rock5

#616 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:07 am

Permissions and security you'll have to check yourself. Just make sure there are no weird settings.

This is what one of my shortcuts looks like. Note: my rom folder is called "645" (don't ask me why) and my game is located in a different folder of course.
Attachments
Shortcut2.jpg
Shortcut1.jpg

noobbotter

#617 Post by noobbotter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:58 am

Looking at mine I can't see why it won't work. My rom folder that the shortcut is located in is S:\Program Files\micromacro\scripts\rom\ and I verified the shortcut name is rom (with the file extension of .lnk that windows doesn't show). I can click that shortcut and it will launch the game client so I know the shortcut works. But for some reason my waypoint that's supposed to find and execute the shortcut says it cannot be found, and it lists the directory where it's searching and it's correct.

I may try editing the function that calls it and remove all the variables and make it call my shortcut directly to ensure there's no problems with that. If that doesn't work, then maybe I'll try changing the location of where the file should be (in the script and the actual location of the file) just to troubleshoot it further.

(FYI, I've been working in IT with computers and networking for about 25 years so I know my way around a computer. I'm just not that good with programming/scripting. But I'll figure this out.)

rock5

#618 Post by rock5 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 am

This might be a stupid question but did you set SetRestartClientSettings to "rom" or "rom.lnk"?

noobbotter

#619 Post by noobbotter » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:18 am

Here's the line I was using:

SetRestartClientSettings(2, "rom")

Desmond

#620 Post by Desmond » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:03 am

Help please stupid that it is necessary to enter waypoints to scroll through characters on account?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<onLoad>
repeat
player:target_NPC("npc");
sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);");
player:target_NPC("npc");
sendMacro("ChoiceOption(1);");
local dqCount, dqPerDay = RoMScript("Daily_count()");
if (dqCount>=10) then
printf("No free dailies!\n");
player:logout(false);
end;