Mount Movement Problem: strange behaivor

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

Mount Movement Problem: strange behaivor

#1 Post by d003232 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:51 pm

I couldn't find the post where we shortly discussed about. :-(

I did some debuging and try to compare the behaivor with mount and without. Without everything is ok in player:moveto(). But if I use the mount, it seems as

Code: Select all

self:faceDirection(angle);
did not work anymore. It seems as it will be reseted !!?? The camera view jumps around ...

I did a 'self:faceDirection(angle)', print out the 'self.Direction', wait for 1000 ms, and print out the 'self.Direction' again and the value is changed back to the old value/direction???

cprintf(cli.turquoise, "vor Korrektur 02: um angle %s, von self.dir %s\n",angle,self.Direction);
camera:setRotation(angle);
self:update();
cprintf(cli.turquoise, "nach Korrektur 02a:  Angle %s, self.dir %s\n",angle,self.Direction);
yrest(1000);
cprintf(cli.turquoise, "nach Korrektur 02b:  Angle %s, self.dir %s\n",angle,self.Direction);
camera:setRotation(angle);
cprintf(cli.turquoise, "nach Korrektur 02c:  Angle %s, self.dir %s\n",angle,self.Direction);
that gave the output:

vor Korrektur 02: um angle -1.2409520034654, von self.dir 2.2327116241782
nach Korrektur 02a:  Angle -1.2409520034654, self.dir -1.2409520011077
nach Korrektur 02b:  Angle -1.2409520034654, self.dir 2.2327116241782
nach Korrektur 02c:  Angle -1.2409520034654, self.dir -1.2409520011077
I don't know what to do?
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: Mount Movement Problem: strange behaivor

#2 Post by Administrator » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:38 pm

That is very strange. There really is no logical reason for this. The only thing I can think of is that it must be a bug in the game client; not the bot. One thing to try would be to try using RoMScript() to call the API function to move/rotate the camera. Do you know what the function(s) are, offhand?

d003232

#3 Post by d003232 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:01 am

Administrator wrote:That is very strange. There really is no logical reason for this. The only thing I can think of is that it must be a bug in the game client; not the bot. One thing to try would be to try using RoMScript() to call the API function to move/rotate the camera. Do you know what the function(s) are, offhand?
I suppose the addresses

memoryWriteFloat(getProc(), self.Address + addresses.pawnDirXUVec_offset, Vec1);
	memoryWriteFloat(getProc(), self.Address + addresses.pawnDirYUVec_offset, Vec2);
are not the right if one is mounted? If we write at that adresses and do a update directly after that, self.direction is ok. If we do a player:update() 20ms later, and check the self.direction again, the values are been set back to the old values. :-(

I did not test it with the API function

SetCameraPosition(x,y,z)
But I would suppose it will work. But that's only the camera position, not the movement direction? I will look for that and try it later.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

aardkaz

#4 Post by aardkaz » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Is this the reason my script that runs back and forth for my dailyquest gets confused and off track running into objects when I have them on their mount?

For now I've just not been using my mount, when I run my dailyquest scripts, but a couple of them are long paths and a mount would definitely get the job done faster when you got to run back and forth 10 times a day per character.

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I really wish this would get fixed. It really needs to be.

Here are the symptoms I've noticed when mounted.
- Getting off track when running because the camera angle changes but the character angle changes only sporadically.
- Jerky movement while running ie. left, right, forward and back. Yes, sometimes even back.
- Sometimes, when running, it will stop, jerk left and right a few times then do an unstick routine even though there was nothing blocking it.
- Failure to target NPCs. When turning to search for an NPC, it turns twice then fails to turn anymore so fails to find the NPC. Because of this I have to dismount before targeting any NPCs.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro