Update MM

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Miworax

Update MM

#1 Post by Miworax » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:01 am

Hello guys, i found a nice script to Easy farm EOJ... but it says if i run the script "- [string " ..."]:114: attempt to call global 'getCurrency' (a nil value)"

Somebody said that i should update.... but i dont know how...

I thought it was "rom/update" but this dont work

Can somebody help ?

rock5

Re: Update MM

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:07 am

I answered your PM because I saw it first. So I'm not going to answer this one. :)

Also this is not the section for RoMBot queries. It looks like I can't move it. Maybe Administrator can move it for us?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Miworax

#3 Post by Miworax » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:59 am

it can be deleted :) my question is answered by you :)

beanybabe

#4 Post by beanybabe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:34 am

getCurrency just stoped working for me also. it may have been the update i did today

Code: Select all

print(getCurrency("honor"))

The game client did not crash.
2015-07-12 03:32:23 - C:/micromacro/scripts/rom/functions.lua:2715: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'limit' (a ni
l value)

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:37 am

The OP was using an old version of the bot that didn't have getCurrency so I doubt you have the same issue.

So if you want our help, you will have to tell us your problem.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

beanybabe

#6 Post by beanybabe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:11 am

I restored the bot back to 2 versions ago and get the same error. rom seems slow like they have it in debug mode this week.
I dont know what was happening I got mad and just deleted all the code that called getcurrency and got rid of my call to another waypoint and merged them all into 1 wp. I still had to place come code to start at wp1 after entering the portal form some reason

I referered to this thread http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... dex#p55949

Its not nice and pretty but it seems to work now. It has no error recovery and cannot start from anywhere like I wanted.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:34 am

beanybabe wrote:I still had to place come code to start at wp1 after entering the portal form some reason
I assume you are talking about entering the portal in the onload. In that case, if you set the waypoint as 1 only when you go through the portal then you should be able to restart and resume the waypoint file from anywhere. Eg.

if I have to go through the portal then
    Enter portal
    waitForLoadingScreen()
    set waypoint number to 1
end

beanybabe

#8 Post by beanybabe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:17 am

I tried that set wp to 1 but it caused problems I had to set wp to player location.

New problem : I use the mail mod and enter castle and mail stuff. Then switch character when the new character leaves the castle and try to go to mercenary square I get message building not found. I noticed if I then go back to mail box I get message "please close mail box". I have to relog char to clear this error.

Any ideas? can it be 64 bit windows ?

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:00 am

If you change character just after using the mailbox, you should close the mailbox first otherwise when you load the new character it will think the mailbox is still open. It is possible to fix it after loading the new character by opening the mailbox using a command then closing it again. Eg.

MailFrame:Show()
MailFrame:Hide()
I wonder if I should add that to the mail functions if it fails to open the mailbox.

beanybabe

#10 Post by beanybabe » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:50 pm

it may be good idea to add it. I was getting strange errors because of it using worldtraveler it would fail to find things. finally I figured it was the mail.

Is there a way to just take gold from mail and not other items ?

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 pm

That's a good question. In fact it would be good to be able to control any of the available options. Maybe I'll add an optional argument eg.

UMM_TakeMail("everything") -- default
UMM_TakeMail("money")
UMM_TakeMail("items")
UMM_TakeMail("diamonds")
How does that sound?

beanybabe

#12 Post by beanybabe » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:53 am

That would be handy Im always sending gold and dont need to take all the mail each time.

I always thought umm needed to allow for taking mats and runes and fusions but I can imagine that would of been hard to code
Im not sure if it ever handled diamonds but the gold part should be easy.

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:17 am

That's too large a project. I don't have that sort of time anymore. Sorry.

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:58 am

On second thought I might be able to do it. Modifying UMM to add the options is too much trouble but I could search the mail list from the bot and select the items.

The data looks like this.

UMMMailManager.Mails ={
[1]=
        AttachedMoney:  10
        AttachedItems:  0
        Author: Eaonflux
        WasReturned:    false
        AttachedDiamonds:       0
        WasRead:        false
        Subject:        Money: 10
        DaysLeft:       29.984027777778
        CODAmount:      0
        Icon:   interface/icons/coin_03
        CanReply:       true
        Tagged: false
[2]=
        AttachedMoney:  0
        AttachedItems:  1
        Author: Eaonflux
        WasReturned:    false
        AttachedDiamonds:       0
        WasRead:        false
        Subject:        Horse Rental Ticket (1)
        DaysLeft:       29.984027777778
        CODAmount:      0
        Icon:   interface/icons/reci_smi_001
        CanReply:       true
        Tagged: false
Once you decide which ones you want you mark by changing their Tagged value to true.

When you finish marking them you issue this command before clicking the take button.

UMMFrameTab1Tools:CheckSelection()
Hm... That table of data only tells you what the item name is in the subject. I wonder if I can get more information.

beanybabe

#15 Post by beanybabe » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:28 am

seems to much work. the gold would be easy as umm already did that.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:06 pm

I think you're right. But seeing as we have the item name I could also add name search. It would basically do a pattern search of the subject where the title name is. So...

UMM_TakeMail("everything") -- default
UMM_TakeMail("money")
UMM_TakeMail("items")
UMM_TakeMail("diamonds")
UMM_TakeMail("item name")

beanybabe

#17 Post by beanybabe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:51 am

Just noticed ultimate mail mod was messed up on my machine I had curse version but downloaded the one on your mailmod thread. I just noticed that is a very old version that is still listed. You may want to change that to a pointer to curse as I read later in the thread.

I noticed my userdefault needed updating with some lines from default profile also. I hope this helps stop some of the errors I have been getting.

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:17 pm

I originally had my edited version because the bot couldn't use the official version. There have since been changes to the bot that allow it to work with the official version so you are free to do so if you like. Note though that at any point the developer of the official version could make a change that stops my userfunction from working. So just keep that in mind. That said, I might check out that version and see what I think.

Edit: I just noticed I do have a comment at the top of the first topic saying that you can use the version on curse, although the version I linked to has since been abandoned. Maybe I'll put a more generic message saying you can use updated versions on curse and leave it to the user to find which version they want to use.

beanybabe

#19 Post by beanybabe » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:48 pm

Just not sure how to check mail. I have been mailing items to chars and they run check mail every time. if there is a way to check if there is mail that would allow character to skip running to mail box if it is empty. Surely someone has worked it out.

I did a quick search and found what you told someone else
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... ail#p60304

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:06 am

Well there's your answer.

But if you want to know if you have mail as soon as you log in, I don't think it's possible from with in the game. The only idea I can come up with is every time you send mail to log it to a file. Then when you want to know if you have mail you can check the log file.