rombot- cant get it to work

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
Cipi

rombot- cant get it to work

#1 Post by Cipi » Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:55 am

hy, ok im stuck need some help cant get bot started and im no wiz @ comp either
Attachments
Untitled.png

rock5

Re: rombot- cant get it to work

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:03 am

The red message is saying that some code in userfunctions.lua is forcing the bot to try to connect to the game early. This usually isn't a problem if the addresses are correct. But if the game has changed and the addresses have changed then update.lua needs to be run. The code in userfunctions.lua tries to use the old addresses before the bot has a chance to run update.lua to update them. Have you updated the game recently? If so, try running the update manually first before starting the bot using

Code: Select all

rom/update
To fix userfunctions.lua make sure all code is withing a function eg.

Code: Select all

command1()
function myfunction()
   -- Do some stuff
end
In this example "command1()" is outside of a function. That means it will run when the file is loaded. If that command or function uses a RoMScript or even GetIdName then that will cause problems when the addresses change. Typically userfunction.lua and userfunctions in the userfunctions folder should only have function definitions in them. They shouldn't execute code when loaded. There are exceptions to this of course but you have to know what you are doing. If you want something executed when the bot starts use the waypoint onload or the profile onload.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Cipi

#3 Post by Cipi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:57 am

thanks for answer rock, did update to rev 778 , ingamefunctions =11 , ofc reinstalled rombot restarted the game before every test but still same result if I start whit createpath.bat and make waypoint it works but onload profile whit that waypoint , same result did search after ingamefunctions if I hawe it maby in otherplace, and userfunctions in rom folder is empthy .. after everi test addresses.lua shows conflict icon.. this is rocket science for me :) will try to do more research.. :( stuck for now (excuse bad english)

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:56 am

The error says userfunction.lua is forcing it to attach early. That mean userfunction.lua can't be empty. That's the file, not the folder. The file should be in the rom root folder rom/userfunction.lua. Or if you have a micromacro/scripts/romglobal folder it could also be in there.

addresses.lua should have a red icon next to it. A red icon means that the file has been edited, not that it is in conflict. If it's in conflict the icon would be yellow. It's red because update.lua was run and updated the address in it. It will only remain green shortly after the bot version has been updated, before the next game patch that changes the memory addresses. Seeing as 778 was released some time ago the addresses have changed. So as soon as you run the bot for the first time it runs update.lau which updates the addresses in addresses.lua from memory.

If you only have the problem with a particular waypoint file or profile maybe you should send a copy to me to have a look but I really think you need to find that userfunctions.lua file.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Cipi

#5 Post by Cipi » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:01 am

ok finnaly made it to work just used rev 750 think ty for help rock

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:09 am

Oh, was there a patch? I just noticed the game version in your image. I'm updating now. I'll check if there is an issue with the addresses. I'm surprised 750 worked though.

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:57 am

Committed fix to revision 779. Try that.

Ended up being a 1 line fix.

You'll notice now that, because I included updated address, addresses.lua will remain green until the next patch that changes the addresses. Technically speaking I didn't need to include addresses.lua, because update.lua still finds them correctly, but I like to include updated address whenever I commit. It's just nice to see all green icons after downloading a newly updated revision.

To everyone else, you will only get the error Cipi got if you have to recreate the itemtypes.lua file in the rom/cache file. This only happens with new installations or if you change the game language.