Zoom in camera

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Ego95

Zoom in camera

#1 Post by Ego95 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Hi,

Is there any command to zoom completely in to your char? I want to use it in some scripts to get a better fps and because there are some spots, where the click to cast area of thunderstorm is buggy (even if you cast it manually) and with zooming in you get an other angle to the ground, so thunderstorm can be casted for sure. Would be nice if anyone knows, how to do this. Didn't find anything on theromwiki.

Greets

rock5

Re: Zoom in camera

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:15 pm

With the bot you can use

Code: Select all

camera:setDistance(1)
This method doesn't change the visibility of the character but it should solve your problem.

Just had a look and found the memory location to hide the player. That could be really handy especially for users with very flashy characters. It might improve their performance by not drawing the character. I'm not sure what to do with it though.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Ego95

#3 Post by Ego95 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:35 am

Thanks, this works fine. I myself would not need to hide the player completely. It's just to make thunderstorm more reliable at some places :)

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 am

I might just write something here for future reference.

To hide the player use

memoryWriteIntPtr(getProc(), addresses.staticbase_char, 0x3E4, 1)
And to unhide the player

memoryWriteIntPtr(getProc(), addresses.staticbase_char, 0x3E4, 0)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Ego95

#5 Post by Ego95 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:03 pm

I got a question to your last post. Is there anything to hide other players? Actually there are some GM Events where hundreds of people walking aroung at one spot. Would be great to hide them :D

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:06 pm

Well R5hacks has an option to show hidden mobs. I always refused to applied the option to players but if you have the lua knowhow you could modify it to hide players with little trouble.