interrupting heals

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Re: interrupting heals

#41 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:59 pm

Rickster wrote:but I think the bot creates this file on its own
The bot doesn't "create" it, it edits it by updating the addresses if the version doesn't match. My addresses.lua match when I play on the official servers but change when I play on the rom4u server which is a slightly older version of the client. Are you playing on rom4u? Are you playing on a client older than that? If so what version?

I can't see the problem. It works fine for me. Is there anything unusual about your set up? Do you have any code in your onskillcast event? What userfunctions do you have installed? What addons do you have installed. Maybe you can try with only the basic addons and userfunctions installed to see if one of them is causing an issue.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Rickster

#42 Post by Rickster » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Hey rock, thanks for your answer and ideas! ... as always :)
rock5 wrote:Are you playing on rom4u? Are you playing on a client older than that? If so what version?
I am on an official server and have the latest version of the client, which tells me 6.1.0.2701 on the login screen.
I never had a "green" addresses.lua. Always when updated with the last SVN Version and then doing a rom/bot update, it is "red" thereafter. But i never had probs with that before.
rock5 wrote:Is there anything unusual about your set up? Do you have any code in your onskillcast event? What userfunctions do you have installed? What addons do you have installed. Maybe you can try with only the basic addons and userfunctions installed to see if one of them is causing an issue.
1. unusual? ... not from my point of view ;) ... but gameforge might be surprised about this gameimproving ingamefunctions folder :o
2. no active code inside onskillcast. I use the userdefault.xml for the chars which all run into the same prob.
btw: there is a missing "end" for the if-statement, same as in Default.xml

Code: Select all

<onSkillCast><![CDATA[
		-- Additional Lua code to execute when casting a skill
		-- Note: arg1 contains the skill being used.
		-- i.e. arg1.Name will be the name of the skill being cast
		-- e.g.:
		--if( 15 > player.HP/player.MaxHP*100 ) then
		--    player:cast("PRIEST_SOUL_SOURCE");
		--elseif( 25 > player.HP/player.MaxHP*100 ) then
		--    player:cast("PRIEST_HOLY_AURA");
		--    player:cast("PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL");
		--    player:cast("PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL");
	]]></onSkillCast>
but I will enable this cast on hp % thing for player.Class1 == CLASS_PRIEST an test what happens.
I did not test other chars so far for the same prob, which use other profiles.
3. userfunctions? ... ugh ;) too much
4. addons? ... double ugh :D much too much

Because of 3. and 4. I will try to narrow it down, as you stated, by disableing all userfunctions and addons.
This may take me a while to test ... I´ll report the results when I finished testing ;)

Thanks so far!
Ric

rock5

#43 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:46 pm

Rickster wrote:I never had a "green" addresses.lua. Always when updated with the last SVN Version and then doing a rom/bot update, it is "red" thereafter. But i never had probs with that before.
That's strange because I also show version 6.1.0.2701 and when I do a rom/update with the latest svn revision the icon on addresses.lua remains green. This may indicate a problem. Actually mine shows 6.1.0.2701_en. I'm not sure if the "en" means there might be something different. If you don't run rom/update do the addresses update anyway when you start the bot? Try checking the differences to see which addresses changed. If you right click the file you should have the option "TortoiseSVN/Check for modifications".
Rickster wrote:btw: there is a missing "end" for the if-statement, same as in Default.xml
I'll add it in. :)
Rickster wrote:3. userfunctions? ... ugh ;) too much
4. addons? ... double ugh :D much too much
Well the easy way would be to move all the addons and userfunctions to another location then see if it works. If it still doesn't work then it's not an issue with an addon or userfunction so you can save yourself the tedious process of elimination. If it fixes it then you can start the process of elimination until you figure out which is the culprit. Note: removing an addon may cause it to delete it's associated settings. I suggest you back up savevariables.lua so you can restore it and all the addon settings after you've finished.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Rickster

#44 Post by Rickster » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:30 am

I now removed all game addons except the folder "ingamefunctions". I also removed all rombot userfunctions except userfunction_userfunctions.lua

I used the profile Default (copied to userdefault.xml) and left everything as it was only changed priest skills to only use

<skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE"      	hotkey="MACRO" priority="90"  hpper="90" /> -- set hpper to 90 to call it often for testing
		<skill name="PRIEST_RISING_TIDE"     	hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" />
the skills database has a green svn icon and I made no changes there.

But my char can not get to cast regenerate to itself. I think it does not target itself before casting regeneration and therefore the cast aborts or interrupts.

Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Kuhkäfer (266/532)
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_REGENERATE    =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_REGENERATE    =>   * Cast gescheitert *
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_RISING_TIDE  =>   Kuhkäfer (112/532)
Drücke MACRO: PRIEST_REGENERATE   =>   * abgebrochen *
I tested this with a level 5-9 char and a waypointfile with only waypints in it (nothing else) to kill bugs in the south of Varanas.

I am out of ideas :(
Last edited by Rickster on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rickster

#45 Post by Rickster » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:29 pm

I solved it.

In the game client:
Interface Options -> Controles -> Automatic Self Casts: on

Mine was off. I dont know when and why this happened, because it worked for ages before on every char. I will check, if newly created chars have this option disabled as default.
[edit] default for new chars is: Automatic Self Casts: off

This means, when I am right, that the bot is dependend on a client setting. Can´t it be made to switch target to the own char for self casts, and then retarget the last target, for beeing independent of that client setting?

A question that rised while looking for this problem: What is the difference between this two profile options?

<option name="HP_LOW"				value="40" />
		<option name="HP_LOW_POTION"		value="30" />
while I think HP_LOW_POTION declares under which HP% to use potions, I do not know what HP_LOW is used for.

rock5

#46 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:13 am

Well done on finding that problem yourself! I would never have been able to figure out that from here.

I believe I will just add a check for that option and enable it if it is disabled. I believe I do something similar already with the "Click to move" option.
Rickster wrote:while I think HP_LOW_POTION declares under which HP% to use potions, I do not know what HP_LOW is used for.
I believe HP_LOW is used when using healing skills as apposed to potions.

Rickster

#47 Post by Rickster » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:13 am

Hm, I can not get the point :D
Healing skills have the "hpper"-option like

<skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL"	modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" hpper="60"  />
Or am I missing something?

Better put this discussion in a new thread about profiles?

rock5

#48 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:57 am

Ok I had another closer look at it. It looks like it's a default value it uses if a healing skill doesn't have it's hpper set. Basically the logic is; if the skill has a hpper then it uses that to decide whether to use the skill or else it uses the profile HP_LOW value.

Rickster

#49 Post by Rickster » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:48 am

Thanx Rock for that information! :) ... We need a "Thank you" button here ;)

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:59 am

What? Typing "Thank you" is too much work for you? :P

Rickster

#51 Post by Rickster » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Of course not!!! :oops: ... but a thank you addon for the forum would show a number of all those thousend people who "said" thanks! ;)

rock5

#52 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:07 am

Ah, I see. I'm showing my ignorance. I don't frequent many other forums so didn't realize what you meant. You mean like the "Like" buttons. It's basically a way to rate commenters?

Well, any web feature requests would have to go through Administrator. Maybe he could comment? Although personally I haven't seen the need for it but then I'm not a new user. Maybe a new user would find it useful.

Rickster

#53 Post by Rickster » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:51 pm

hehe, it was more meant to be a joke than the real wish to have a "like" button here ;)