Updated database/skills.xml file

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Bill D Cat

Updated database/skills.xml file

#1 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:40 pm

I created a Knight character this morning to finish testing my Howling Mountains waypoints and noticed that most of the skills in the database were not using the updated (Patch 6.0.0) skill values. I took the time to update the list, and am posting here for anyone else who may want to use it.

Code: Select all

<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SHIELD" id="490495" range="300" type="buff" target="self" inbattle="true" maxhpper="30" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE" id="490148" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy"/>
	<skill name="KNIGHT_PUNISHMENT" id="490151" range="50" cooldown="8" type="damage" target="enemy" reqbuffcount="3" reqbufftarget="target" reqbuffname="500169" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_DISARMAMENT" id="490159" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_STRIKE_OF_PUNISHMENT" id="490179" range="90" cooldown="30" type="damage" target="enemy" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_ENHANCED_ARMOR" id="490152" type="buff" buffname="500141,501823" target="self" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_SHIELD_OF_DISCIPLINE" id="490192" cooldown="300" type="buff" buffname="501772" target="self" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_POWER_EXPLOSION" id="490172" cooldown="40" type="buff" buffname="501827" target="self" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_SEAL" id="490149" type="damage" range="50" cooldown="10" target="enemy" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_WHIRLWIND_SHIELD" id="490175" range="75" cooldown="6" type="damage" target="enemy" aoecenter="player"/>
	<skill name="KNIGHT_SHACKLES_OF_LIGHT" id="490189" range="50" cooldown="60" type="damage" target="enemy" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_RESOLUTION" id="490168" cooldown="180" type="damage" target="self" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_CHARGE" id="490150" range="120" cooldown="30" type="damage" target="enemy" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_THREATEN" id="490153" range="50" cooldown="8" type="damage" target="enemy" reqbuffname="501773" reqbufftarget="target" reqbuffcount="3" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_SHIELD_OF_VALOR" id="490468" cooldown="60" type="buff" target="self" inbattle="true" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_TRUTH_SHIELD_BASH" id="490186" cooldown="60" type="buff" target="self" inbattle="true" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_SHOCK" id="490154" cooldown="30" range="150" type="damage" target="enemy" reqbuffname="500169" reqbufftarget="target" reqbuffcount="1" />
	<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRENGTH" id="491321" cooldown="120" type="buff" buffname="500768" target="self" inbattle="true"/>
	<skill name="KNIGHT_HALL_OF_DEAD_HEROES" id="495724" range="120" cooldown="180" maxhpper="30" type="buff" buffname="500265" target="self" />
Edit: Changed the thread title to reflect the direction that this took us. :lol:
Last edited by Bill D Cat on Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

rock5

Re: Updated Knight skill list

#2 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeah, I updated some knight skill with the last commit but I suspected there would be more. Which of those skills did you change or add? Because some of them seem unchanged from revision 761.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#3 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Just about all of the skill ID numbers changed in the 6.0.0 patch, so I updated them all to the current values.

Mana Return was changed to Holy Power Explosion
Shield of Truth was changed to Truth Shield Bash
Hatred Strike was changed to Strike of Punishment
Holy Strength is new

And while I'm thinking about it, what is MAGE_GALAXY in the skills.lua??

<skill name="MAGE_GALAXY" id="490252" range="150" type="damage" target="enemy" />

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:37 pm

As long as the name doesn't change there is no need to update the ids. In fact it might be preferable to leave them with the old ids, where possible, so the bot continues to work with older versions of the game as well.

I already had Holy Power Explosion. I'll change Truth Shield Bash and Strike of Punishment, and add Holy Strength.
Bill D Cat wrote:And while I'm thinking about it, what is MAGE_GALAXY in the skills.lua??
It's the old name for Meteor Shower. It should be moved to the superseded section or deleted.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Bill D Cat

#5 Post by Bill D Cat » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Might be best for compatibility to have both pre and post 6.0 skill values listed with a slight variation in the skill names. This would allow for older clients/servers to still work along side the updated clients.

My suggestion would be to go through the list and make it look something like this:

<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE"    id="490496" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy"/> -- Old skill value
	<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE_6" id="490148" range="50" type="damage" target="enemy"/> -- New 6.0 skill value

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 am

Nah, like I said, if the name doesn't change you don't need to update the id. What happens is it loads the skills from the database then checks to see which skills you actually have by comparing the names. If the names match but the ids are different then it updates the id. So it will end up using the correct id.

Bill D Cat

#7 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:51 am

Okay, so just adding the new skills would be enough for it to work properly. And even if you update the IDs or put something completely bogus in there it won't matter since it will find the right ID on its own. Which then begs the question: Why even bother to have the IDs in the file at all?

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:24 am

Because it compares the names of the ids

databaseidname = GetIdName(490496) -- Equals "Holy Strike"
actualskillname = GetIdName(490148) -- Equals "Holy Strike"
if databaseidname == actualskillname then -- which is true
    update id
end
That's not the actual code but what it does logically.

Bill D Cat

#9 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:33 pm

I was going through the database/skills.xml file and kind of reorganizing it to put comment tags regarding the elite skills. I was adding tags like <!-- Mage/Priest --> and then listing those elite skills, followed by the next class combination. What I discovered is a TON of missing skills, most notably anything to do with X/Warlock and X/Champion. Also all the Rogue/Mage have been changed, and the Rogue/Warden elites are missing completely. I'll do my best to get this all up to date and link my file when I'm done.

Edit: Here's the commented file, all nice and organized by mainclass and elites by their subclasses. I've also included comments where there are missing skills from any section.
Attachments
skills.zip
Commented and Organized Skill List
(11.22 KiB) Downloaded 158 times

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:53 am

I like and don't mind the extra comments organizing the skills but the problem with the missing elites is it could be ages, if ever, that they get added so all those comments will clutter the file for a very long time. Elites really need someone who has the skill to ask us to add it and check that it works correctly. We can't add the skills blindly because often there are aspects about the skill that are not clear in the description, for example sometimes it's not clear if a AOE skill is a click-to-cast skill or not.

Bill D Cat

#11 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:01 am

I'm a little over halfway done with my project to add in all the missing skills and clean up the formatting of the file. I'll try to get it updated and posted sometime tomorrow. I know most of the class combinations well enough to know what skills require a little extra attention, so I'm pretty confident that they will work. The alternative right now is not having them at all in the file, in which case we know they won't work. :lol:

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:14 am

Well if you feel you are confident enough to do a fair job adding them then great. Worst thing that could happen is at some time in the future someone complains about a skill not working like it's supposed to and we have to fix it. That's definitely better than not having the skill in there at all.

Bill D Cat

#13 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:20 pm

Okay, here's my final edit of the skills.xml. I've added all the missing skills, most of which were buffs and such. There was only one that I am not sure if it would require a clicktocast="true" or not, but I added the comment to the end of that skill. I think it is the Champion/Mage level 60 elite.

I also spent a ton of time on this to clean up the format to make it really easy to edit or just read through. All the similar options are arranged in columns, so it's much nicer than the original that had options in all sorts of different orders for each skill.
Attachments
skills.zip
Final Edit - All class and elite skills.
(13.28 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

rock5

#14 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:30 am

I love the way you have tidied it up but do you realize that the current bot, as far as I know, could still be mostly compatible with versions of the game as old as 5.0.1. By updating all the ids you've made it incompatible with anything older than 6.0 because the new ids wont exist in the older versions. Or is it 6.0.1? If you had left the ids that didn't need changing then those skills would have remained compatible.

Bill D Cat

#15 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:43 am

It would be very easy for me to go switch the IDs back to the old values. I have the original skills.xml here sorted in the same manner, so a line by line comparison would let me put the old IDs back in about 10 minutes. I'll upload another file in after I swap them back. I will keep the new knight skills in there, but any old skills will fall back to their previous values.

Bill D Cat

#16 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:35 am

Here's the file with the skill IDs reverted to the previous values. I've added in the obsolete Mage, Rogue and Knight skills at the end of the elite sections for each. If there is anything else you think should be done with this before committing it to the repository, just let me know.
Attachments
skills.zip
Reformatted layout, original ID numbers
(13.52 KiB) Downloaded 131 times

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:13 am

Looking over changes I've already done, could you do the following.
Add the Mage/Scout elite

<skill name="MAGE_WIND_FIRE_CULTIVATION" id="499597" type="buff" buffname="503187,620179,501955" target="self" />
A previous user included aoecenter="player" with WARRIOR_LIGHTNING_SPELL and WARRIOR_SPIRIT_BLADE_STORM. Are they aoe spells?

I think that's about it.

Bill D Cat

Re: Updated database/skills.xml file

#18 Post by Bill D Cat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:44 am

Yeah, it looks like both Warrior/Warlock skills are AOE, so I've fixed those. I didn't add the Wind Fire Cultivation because the RoM wiki page http://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Mage_Elite_Skills has it listed as a passive skill. I don't have the elite yet myself, so I couldn't confirm that or not. I'll go ahead and add it as well and attach the file to this post.
Attachments
skills.zip
Added Mage/Scout 70 Elite
(13.54 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

rock5

#19 Post by rock5 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:19 am

Ok that will do. Good work.

amalia

#20 Post by amalia » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:39 am

As an addition to this handsome skills.xml I would suggest these lines updated in pet.lua since it effects the priest fairies skills.

I realized that my priest/rogue shadow fairy does not spawn when called and changed line 4 to this.
[CLASS_ROGUE] = {PetId = 102106, PetSummon = 493269, Buff = 503738}, -- Shadow Fairy - Wraith Halo

I assume line 6 as
[CLASS_KNIGHT] = {PetId = 102108, PetSummon = 493271, Buff = 503507}, -- Light Fairy - Devotion Halo

I only changed the PetSummon value which was the same as on class_scout.

Should we take this or another thread in general to post corrections or modifications (if there are any) to the skills database? How does it work best for you?