rock5's "fastLogin Revisited"

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
haringpb

Re: rock5's "fastLogin Revisited"

#501 Post by haringpb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:18 am

Is it only me or do you also get freezed screen when calling loginnextchar function after newest patch.

rock5

#502 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:58 am

6.0.0? Haven't checked it yet. Still downloading.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

haringpb

#503 Post by haringpb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:31 am

yeah 6.0.xxxx
but i didnt want to put any preasure, just wanted to report ;)
Guess there will be somethings to do as the bot is pretty laggy today^^

McGuffin

#504 Post by McGuffin » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:51 am

haringpb wrote:Is it only me or do you also get freezed screen when calling loginnextchar function after newest patch.
Went through dailies earlier on four characters over three accounts without any problems.

Palmal

#505 Post by Palmal » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:20 am

I would really like to try this function but am unable to create an account on EU forum so I may d/l Fastlogin. I have an EU account but not for forums and won't allow me to create one. Is there somewhere else I may find this, possibly on the US forum where I do have forum account, although I did do a search and couldn't find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Palmal

**Edit - Nevermind, I found another d/l link. Please disregard =]

rock5

#506 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:40 am

It's on the first post of this thread, if you haven't already figured it out.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

haringpb

#507 Post by haringpb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 am

Ok i checked it out again seems like since patch 6.0.0 my bots dont run smooth at all (fps goes down to 1) and this lack of performance gets me freezed screens, when dowing relog with too many chars (more than 3) in a small time periode. So guess there will be a rom bot update in the next weeks, to solve this problems, not caused by the userfunction.

rock5

#508 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 am

The little I've tested it, it seems to work fine. The problems you are describing don't sound like bot issues.

haringpb

#509 Post by haringpb » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:23 am

hmm well ive botted the day befor patching and after and the problems were only after though the game when i have my single client opened isnt laggy at all only when botting fps goes crazy.... Well i will try reinstalling game and bot maybe, will see thanks anyhow.
Edit: Ok after reinstalling bot it works again as it should, so was a bug in my bot data i guess ;)

C3PO

#510 Post by C3PO » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:16 pm

Hi Rock,

I tried to do some customizations in the fastLogin, and now I couldn't press the Enter_World Button (or better nothing happens) could you give me a hint how to debug that stuff?

thanks

rock5

#511 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:21 am

If things stop working, especially if buttons disappear or your accounts are not shown, then it might be because you have a syntax error somewhere in the code you changed. Unfortunately there is no easy way to get feedback from the login or character selection screens. If the error is minor and you can still get into the game then you can check values at certain times of the login process by copying them to global variables that you can check when you are in game. Otherwise all you can really do is carefully go over the code you changed and look for errors. It helps if you use a program to show the difference between your code and the original such as TortoiseMerge that comes with TortoiseSVN. I use a separate program called kdiff3, mainly because I can compare folders as well as files.

C3PO

#512 Post by C3PO » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:31 am

All buttons are there, everything seems to work, but only the enter_world() isn't called when I press the button. That's why I can't copy whatever to globales. would it be possible to make a eg. text-field in the characterselection.xml that I could use for such things?

fyi: I changed the accountlogin.* that works fine and I could go on to the characterselection. I can select an alt, turn the alt, select a channel, all buttons are on there place and so on but there is no action on pressing the Enter World Button

rock5

#513 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:56 am

C3PO wrote:All buttons are there, everything seems to work, but only the enter_world() isn't called when I press the button.
I can't really suggest anything else, unless you want to send me a copy of the modified files so I can have a go at finding the error.
C3PO wrote:would it be possible to make a eg. text-field in the characterselection.xml that I could use for such things?
An interesting idea. It would be useful for debugging purposes. I might see what I can do.

C3PO

#514 Post by C3PO » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am

I created this Text-field and it works fine ;)

insert the following in characterselection.xml line 100 (after the section for Fontstring LoginFontNormal)

Code: Select all

<FontString name="DebugInfo" inherits="LoginFontNormal" text="">
					<Anchors>
						<Anchor point="BOTTOMLEFT">
							<Offset>
								<AbsDimension x="2" y="-20"/>
							</Offset>
						</Anchor>
					</Anchors>
				</FontString>
You could write to the field with (but i'm sure you know that ;) ) with

DebugInfo:SetText("dsgdg")
what I found out is that the function EnterWorld() is executed but returns False ...

Could you explain me why there are functions twice? like
CharacterSelect_OnLoad
CharacterSelect_OnShow
CharacterSelect_OnHide
CharacterSelect_OnUpdate
CharacterSelect_OnKeyDown
UpdateCharacterList
UpdateCharacterSelection
CharacterSelect_EnterWorld
CharacterSelect_Exit

rock5

#515 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh, I was going to mention that before but I forgot. If you look at near the bottom of the file, above the second set of functions, you will see a comment

--==========================================--
--== Fast login added and moded functions ==--
Everything above that is the original functions. Everything below it is the "Fast login added and moded functions". Because they are at the end of the file they overwrite the original functions above.

C3PO

#516 Post by C3PO » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:21 pm

ok I thought so, but I wanted to get sure. Because I have seen in other places (addons ...) that functions that are doubled get numbered by the system. So I could also remove the original functions, or?

rock5

#517 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:59 pm

Lua does not renumber or rename functions. If you create a function with the same name it will simply be replaced. But if it makes you feel better you can get rid of the original of the duplicate functions.

rock5

#518 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:13 am

Check out the video of my debug console :D
Attachments
debugconsole.7z
(833.11 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

C3PO

#519 Post by C3PO » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:12 pm

Wooww, that's much cooler than mine ... gz

I found my error 5 min ago, thanks for your help.

dx876234

#520 Post by dx876234 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:02 am

Very nice debug option, will it make it into the std fastlogin?

-dx