Rock5's CountMobs userfunction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Boris-The-Blade

Re: Rock5's CountMobs userfunction

#21 Post by Boris-The-Blade » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:52 am

Brings up some good ideas, sadly I'm not versed enough yet to make them yet. If your function here calls and count's mobs, would it be possible to allow it to focus on one specifically (maybe not, thinking about it, probably just does a counttotal and doesn't focus on names or stats at all). I've been using for example on Ancalon :

Playertarget Demon Witch Ancalon
player:rest(3);
Playertarget Ghoul
player:rest(8):
playertarget:Ghoul
player:rest(8);
Playertarget Demon Witch ancalon

This actually works, and is confined inside the waypoint file, however it's anything but smart, and can't deal with the recurring ghouls @ 50% health and 25%.

kuripot

#22 Post by kuripot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:09 pm

Code: Select all

if CountMobs(nil,50) > 3 then
   player:cast("WARLOCK_BEASTS_ROAR")
end
where i put this?? in waypoint?? onload?? onleave?? onskill?? to work it??

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:25 pm

This userfunction is obsolete. The functionality has been added to the bot.

Assuming you have added the skill to the skills database correctly, you can specify how many mobs to use the skill in your profile eg.

<skill name="WARLOCK_BEASTS_ROAR"   			hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" mobcount="3" />
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

miesermetzler

#24 Post by miesermetzler » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Hello,

so this userfunction cans use as a killcount, too? unfortunatly i got a real life and i want to make a easier way for the new 70 Eliteskill´s. I want him to kill only 10 Firegenies and return to the NPC. I searched the forum/ rombot wiki for a proper solution but i found nothing, because this quest dind´t end after kill 10 Firegenies. You have to kill 300, every hour 10 and then wait a hour. As wrote i unfortunatly got a real life and cant stay online all the time :o

I made it this far with my WP:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
	<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-23880" z="-23417" y="570">		
	player:target_NPC("Norhonsar");
	sendMacro("ChoiceOption(3);");
	player:updateBuffs() 
  	if player:hasBuff("Gischt der Vers\148hnung") then 
	yrest(3600000)
	end
	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  4 --><waypoint x="-23757" z="-23485" y="573">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="-23648" z="-23464" y="592">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  6 --><waypoint x="-23587" z="-23349" y="582">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  7 --><waypoint x="-23625" z="-23223" y="586">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  8 --><waypoint x="-23452" z="-23188" y="587">	</waypoint>
	<!-- #  9 --><waypoint x="-23587" z="-23442" y="592">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 10 --><waypoint x="-23678" z="-23458" y="588">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 11 --><waypoint x="-23827" z="-23444" y="572">	</waypoint>
	<!-- # 12 --><waypoint x="-23866" z="-23414" y="570">	</waypoint>
</waypoints>
Simple as always^^ I know but it works, this far only problem is the bot is on a killing spree and kill more mobs as he should.
i need only 10 and then return to NPC. One night and the Elite is my/ ours :mrgreen:
So my Question is can i use this uf for it or did you know a better solution? ( iam sure you do :roll: )

Cindy

#25 Post by Cindy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:21 pm

rock5 wrote:This userfunction is obsolete. The functionality has been added to the bot.

Assuming you have added the skill to the skills database correctly, you can specify how many mobs to use the skill in your profile eg.

<skill name="WARLOCK_BEASTS_ROAR"   			hotkey="MACRO" priority="80" mobcount="3" />
Can you tag the original post with OBSOLETE? (perhaps comemnt out the code inthe file--so its there for those who want to learn-- and put a printf("This command is now in the bot, the file is obsolete");

I saw the first post on a search, got excited, luckily I read the whole thread while trying to write code for it.

EDIT:
Second question, does the database skills file get updated regularly on the bot? I got a warlock and BEAST ROAR is the best skill in there, but its not in the bot (and I don't know how to add it properly)

chesterfield

#26 Post by chesterfield » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 am

Cindy wrote:
rock5 wrote:This userfunction is obsolete. The functionality has been added to the bot.

Can you tag the original post with OBSOLETE? (perhaps comemnt out the code inthe file--so its there for those who want to learn-- and put a printf("This command is now in the bot, the file is obsolete");

I saw the first post on a search, got excited, luckily I read the whole thread while trying to write code for it.

EDIT:
Second question, does the database skills file get updated regularly on the bot? I got a warlock and BEAST ROAR is the best skill in there, but its not in the bot (and I don't know how to add it properly)
skills.lua have not Beast_roar, what needs to write into it?

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:00 am

The RC version has it but the RC format is a bit different. Let me see if I can fill in the missing bits.

Try

<skill name="WARLOCK_BEASTS_ROAR" id="498547" concentration="30" type="damage" range="50" cooldown="30" target="enemy" aoecenter="player"/>
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:30 am

Updated CountPlayers with an option to ignore friends. Version 0.4.