Problem with using ingame macros from action bar

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Prophet

Problem with using ingame macros from action bar

#1 Post by Prophet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:35 am

Hello,

Another problem what I cant remember how I had solved it before. (I lost all micromacro related items and trying to restore them now)
Basically I want to use this kind of code:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<onload>

while true do
		sendMacro("Useaction(1)");
	end

</onload>
</waypoints>
I'm pretty sure that function I used was sendMacro(). On those action bar slots are macros what need to be used. "Useaction(1)" sends command and shows that in micromacro window and after that ingame menu starts to flash. Any suggestions for better command or any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

rock5

Re: Problem with using ingame macros from action bar

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 am

I don't see any problems with the code (except for maybe s spelling mistake).

Occasionally people report the system menu flashing problem. It used to be more common but should be fixed in the current version of the bot.

The only confirmed cause that I know of, that may still cause it to happen, is if you are using the ExtraActionButtons addon. This addon is not compatible with rombot.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Prophet

#3 Post by Prophet » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:42 am

Ok. That addon I use. Now I have to figure out which way to go. Just odd is that few weeks ago when I had last windows on that bot worked well with this addon. Didn't have any problems except occasional flashes but that had cause probably because game lag at hose moments.

PS. Few weeks ago I had also few error folders according to SVN. With new install I don't have those and now things doesn't work :(

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:51 am

Maybe you changed something to make it work. I wish I new what it was. Doesn't matter I guess, I wouldn't use it as it's a little suspicious the way it intercepts all keystrokes.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Prophet

#5 Post by Prophet » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:20 pm

But does anyone have any other possibilities/commands to offer what I could try to get this working?

And actually this waypoint file is much more complex then just spamming one macro so it would not be so suspicious. I just need that mm would use my ingame macros.

Prophet

#6 Post by Prophet » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:40 pm

rock5 wrote:I don't see any problems with the code (except for maybe s spelling mistake).
Finally figured it out. It has to be

sendMacro("UseAction(2)");
with capital "A"

s018mes

#7 Post by s018mes » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:57 pm

rock5 wrote: Occasionally people report the system menu flashing problem. It used to be more common but should be fixed in the current version of the bot.
I am having this issue. I play Runes off of a usb HD, and just carry the drive with me to play on any computer I want. I normally play on win7 machines, but I have been recently been playing on 2 different Vista machines. The vista machines can not get past the Menu Flashing issue. I even do a fresh install of rom-bot using all default settings.

Is there some sort of Key binding that might fix it, or some other solution you might remember?

Weird thing, the exact same installation from the exact same USB drive will work on win7.

Confused.

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:26 am

I'm not sure if Runes of Magic installs differently for Win 7 or Vista, or 32bit vs 64bit for that matter. I've never had the opportunity to compare.

There is a fix for the menu flashing issue that will be added in the next revision. Instructions to implement it are here.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 848#p41848
It's just a matter of changing 2 lines.

s018mes

#9 Post by s018mes » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 am

Replacing with

RoMScript("} a = GetKeyboardFocus(); if a then a:ClearFocus() end a={")

causes an error:

clasess/player.lua:1: unexpected symbol near 'n'

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am

Doesn't make any sense. player.lua line 1 is

BOT_VERSION = 3.29;
There is no 'n' there, in fact the only 'n's I see are in update.lua and igf_events.lua, neither look like they could be the cause.

The only thing I can suggest is make sure you typed everything properly. Maybe start from scratch with a fresh installation of the bot. Also there is some issue with saving format that I don't fully understand that I believe has something to do with non English alphabets. So you might have to make sure you are using a proper code editor such as Notepad++ and set it to encode using "utf-8 without bom".

s018mes

#11 Post by s018mes » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:15 pm

You were correct. It was NOTEPAD causing the issue. When I saved the player.lua file using wordpad it worked. Thanks.