Updating error.....

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
wishblades

Updating error.....

#1 Post by wishblades » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 pm

I keep getting an update error when I try to update, it installs all the way up till it comes to 'staticEquipmentBase' in module and unable to find it.

I have no idea what that is or how to fix it but bot doesn't work without updating. :(

Any help or advice is appreciated, thank you.

rock5

Re: Updating error.....

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:16 am

You have a version mismatch. Different revisions of the bot only work with certain versions of the game so you have to get the correct revision of the bot for your game. What version of the game are you running? You can usually see the version in the bottom corner of the loading screens.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

wishblades

#3 Post by wishblades » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:18 am

I just downloaded the game again after a while so it's the latest version.

Version: 5.0.2.2565

I just updated Micromacro from this site along with the ROM folder also.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:13 am

The current update.lua works with that version of the game.

What version of the bot are you using? Are there any files in the rom folder with red or yellow svn icons next to them?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

wishblades

#5 Post by wishblades » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:43 am

Bot Version: 1.02 beta 4

I see nothing Red or Yellow svn icons in the folder. :(

rock5

#6 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:58 am

"Bot Version: 1.02 beta 4" is micromacro not the bot. If you don't see any colored icons then you haven't used the svn instructions to install the bot. Probably the version of the bot, whereever you downloaded it from, is out of date. Pretty much the only place to get the latest version is by using TortoiseSVN.

Quick explanations:
  • Micromacro is a program that runs programs written in lua.
    The bot is written in lua so need micromacro to run.
    The bot is usually installed into the "micromacro/scripts/rom" folder.
    TortoiseSVN is what is called a versioning program. It is used to keep the bot up to date. It does other thing as well such as merging changes so you don't loose your own edits and reverting to older versions.
To install the bot using svn, follow the svn instructions here.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... structions

You might need to follow Lisas Signature instructions afterward.
  • Can't get bot to work? follow these instructions before posting, thank you.
    1. SVN update micromacro/scripts/rom folder
    2. SVN revert micromacro/scripts/rom folder
    3. delete Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons/ingamefunctions folder
    4. copy micromacro/scripts/rom/devtools/ingamefunctions folder to Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons folder
    5. restart game

wishblades

#7 Post by wishblades » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:07 pm

OK downloaded the Tortoise SVN and tried updating, got this error in RED:

Working copy 'C:\Games\RoM Cheats\micromacro\scripts\rom' is too old (format 10, created by Subversion 1.6)

Now when I open the bot, it says OPENING LOCAL SKILLS DB(an improvement since wouldn't go that far before) then says game may have been altered and telling me to update again.

Says:
6:2pm - Error while reading memory address for 'playerAddress'. Game seems to have changed!!! Please run 'rom/bot.lua update' and install the new RoM Bot version!

Sorry if I seem like a moron bro, I appreciate any and all help you giving me. :)

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:18 pm

I didn't realise it had a safety feature that stops you from updating if your version is too old.

In that case I suggest deleting the 'rom' folder, recreate an empty 'rom' folder then right click the empty 'rom' folder and click "SVN Checkout". Enter the svn url you find in the "SVN Instructions" and click ok.