RoM bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Hengzti

Re: RoM bot

#741 Post by Hengzti » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Wall climbing happens sometimes @ me too^^

Rajinn

#742 Post by Rajinn » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:40 pm

all it says for the log is avoiding ksing (...) and taking too long to damage target.
i died, it thought i was still alive (moving to waypoint ... then waypoint movement failed).

ellamental

#743 Post by ellamental » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:51 pm

Thanks for the updates.

I suggest everyone to use this addon http://rom.curse.com/downloads/rom-addo ... binfo.aspx and if you understand how to get death waypoints working, you can make sure the death way points run past a Shop and pause, click the npc then click let me see what you have to sell then the addon will repair for you.

You can also make your waypoint loop x amount times then run another way point to go and repair before dying as well.

Just think outside the box a little and this bot can do more.

Administrator
Site Admin

#744 Post by Administrator » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Code: Select all

Wall climbing happens sometimes @ me too^^
I made a quick patch to fix that problem. Make sure you've updated the scripts.
all it says for the log is avoiding ksing (...) and taking too long to damage target.
i died, it thought i was still alive (moving to waypoint ... then waypoint movement failed).
I think the offset that was being used to detect death changed in the latest patch. I'll mess with it later and see if I can't get this fixed.

ellamental

#745 Post by ellamental » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:07 am

Does anyone know where I can find a complete list of commands and scripting examples for runes of magics.

What I am looking for is a way to communicate with an npc via macro's, Trying to see if I can target him and trigger the dialog via the macro system, this will allow me to avoid the problematic issues that I come to when reaching a way point.

I never seem to come to the way point the same way each time, hence if we can trigger npc dialog via the ingame macro system, then the detach mose click should allow us to sell gear/repair and even buy.

Thanks in advance

Administrator
Site Admin

#746 Post by Administrator » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 am

Here's a few references:
http://theromwiki.com/index.php/List_of_Events
http://theromwiki.com/index.php/List_of_Functions

There are, of course, a few examples on that wiki, but those two pages I find to be most useful. There was another site which I had bookmarked that was better in my opinion, but it was all in German.

If you do find a way to interact with NPCs in a decent manner using macros, let me know. I might be able to use it in a system I'm working on.

ellamental

#747 Post by ellamental » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:39 am

Thanks I will have to see if what Im thinking will work.

I am thinking TargetNearestFriend will target the npc, the maybe the attack command to engage in conversation, will test it when I get home.

3cmSailorfuku

#748 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:29 am

ellamental wrote:Thanks I will have to see if what Im thinking will work.

I am thinking TargetNearestFriend will target the npc, the maybe the attack command to engage in conversation, will test it when I get home.
There's a function to directly target an NPC with it's NPCid. Even a function to directly repair your whole equipment without opening the conversation, but I believe those weren't documentated yet so you gotta reverse it with IDA/Olly/etc and see what parameters it takes. I don't involve myself with Runes of Magic anymore though, so there might be a complete list of what parameters each function takes.

For example, WorldMap_AutoMoveByNpcID(); would move to the requested NPC automatically.
Last edited by 3cmSailorfuku on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

csigabogar

#749 Post by csigabogar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:32 am

dunno what happened in the new version, but my character doesnt move on the way of the designated waypoints, he deviates. not much but enough to run into trees and fences. it may be that movement randomization was meant to make a bot seem less like abot but now he just stucks everywhere.
can i disable that randomization somehow?
everything else is working perfectly no complaints :)

3cmSailorfuku

#750 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:33 am

csigabogar wrote:dunno what happened in the new version, but my character doesnt move on the way of the designated waypoints, he deviates. not much but enough to run into trees and fences. it may be that movement randomization was meant to make a bot seem less like abot but now he just stucks everywhere.
can i disable that randomization somehow?
everything else is working perfectly no complaints :)
Congratulations, you just solved your question yourself. As the documentation states, deviation is disabled with 0.

A temporary solution for straying off the path too much would be using the subtracted amount of added "randomness" to the next point which was used before.
This probably could ensure that the bot keeps in the designated area and doesn't increase in size with each turn.

This is just theory and I haven't looked up how it works right now in the bot, but I assume there is a high possibility of it increasing it's volume as of what I heard from others.
Last edited by 3cmSailorfuku on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

csigabogar

#751 Post by csigabogar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:43 am

thanks didnt know i can do that ill look at the documentatuion to see where i can change the value.

3cmSailorfuku

#752 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:45 am

csigabogar wrote:thanks didnt know i can do that ill look at the documentatuion to see where i can change the value.
WAYPOINT_DEVIATION : A 'random' offset applied to each waypoint in your path giving it less of a bot-like appearance; suggested value of 50. Lower value means you stick closer to your normal path; 0 means no deviation.
If your profile doesn't feature this, you should just delete the whole script folder, redownloaded the script and recreate your profile and waypoints. (I would do this for every released version of the bot)

csigabogar

#753 Post by csigabogar » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:52 am

aha, that was the problem lol, i updated everything but the profile file didnt want to do it again i was lazy, i resolved it now it works, thx!

Administrator
Site Admin

#754 Post by Administrator » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:19 am

Updated to 2.33. Mostly bug fixes this time. Player death should be detected better now. Hopefully, this means the resurrection system works well. Skill priority (as set in your profile) should now be working again.

New features:
Select a language (English ("english") and German ("deutsch") only at this time)
Detection and notice of client updates that might affect the bot.

someone

#755 Post by someone » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:10 pm

2 things:

1. typo in skills database. Scouts shot range set at 20 instead of 200

2. how do i turn the bot resserection system off/on sometimes i dont want it

kokowiki

#756 Post by kokowiki » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Administrator wrote:Updated to 2.33.
First post has v2.32 still.

Administrator
Site Admin

#757 Post by Administrator » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:46 pm

someone wrote:2 things:
2. how do i turn the bot resserection system off/on sometimes i dont want it
Remove your return path in your profile. That should disable it.

someone

#758 Post by someone » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Remove your return path in your profile. That should disable it.[/quote]

i just realized i havent been updating my profile with the new stuff you have added like
leave combat and ondeath. So i dont actually know which part to change.

Administrator
Site Admin

#759 Post by Administrator » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:54 pm

someone wrote: i just realized i havent been updating my profile with the new stuff you have added like
leave combat and ondeath. So i dont actually know which part to change.
None of that maters. You're looking at the RETURNPATH option. Do you have something like this in your profile?

<option name="RETURNPATH" value="fungus_return.xml" />
If so, removing that line will disable returning to your waypoints when you die.

What you should do, though, is have the bot pause when you die. Just add this segment in your profile to do that:

<onDeath>
		-- Additional Lua code to execute on death
		pauseOnDeath(); -- Stop the script
	</onDeath>
Look at Default.xml for an example.

ellamental

#760 Post by ellamental » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:14 pm

Can not find any commands to target the npc as of yet, not really sure What Im looking for.

But did find a way to buy items from the npc once the store is open.

/script StoreBuyItem(3, 50);

That will buy 50 items of the third item

Count go's like this.

yx

And so on