question about <mobs>

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Paton

question about <mobs>

#1 Post by Paton » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:39 am

Code: Select all

<mobs>
		<!-- names of mobs we want to attack 				-->
		<mob name="Fungus" />
		<mob name="" />
		<mob name="" />
</mobs>
Questions:
1. This is used in the profile files in the wiki. Can i use this in a waypoint file inside <onLoad> ... </onLoad> ?
2. and same question, but only for 1 waypoint inside <waypoint> ... </waypoint> ?
3. If 1 and 2 are ok to use, is that mob list just local for the waypoint file/waypoint or does it get set global ?

MiesterMan

Re: question about <mobs>

#2 Post by MiesterMan » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I don't know if you can use that but I know you can use this inside the onLoad section of your waypoint file:

Code: Select all

</onLoad>
		settings.profile.mobs = {"mob1", "mob2", "mob3"};
	</onLoad>

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:07 pm

It's global. I don't know why you would want to set it in onLoad or per waypoint, though.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Administrator wrote:It's global. I don't know why you would want to set it in onLoad or per waypoint, though.
Really? I would have thought it would be obvious.

If you create a waypoint file and you only want to target Beetles, if you add "Beetle" to your profile it will only target Beetles regardless of what waypoint file you load.

If you create a waypoint file where you want to attack everything, you would have to either remove "Beetle" from the profile or add every monster you might encounter.

Sometimes you might even have 2 waypoint files in the same area but want to target different mobs. In that case you would have to edit the profile every time you wanted to switch waypoint files.

Doesn't it make more sense to keep the waypoint specific settings, ie. the mobs you want to attack when running this waypoint file, in the waypoint file?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro