Rock5's Millers Ranch Scripts

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Wundervice

Re: Rock5's Millaers Ranch Scripts

#21 Post by Wundervice » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Not that I mind being HAND-FED perfect scripts and all, but, where did you learn how to do all this stuff? I has the will to learn and not be a teet-sucker forever but not sure how to get started :P

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Wundervice wrote:Not that I mind being HAND-FED perfect scripts and all, but, where did you learn how to do all this stuff? I has the will to learn and not be a teet-sucker forever but not sure how to get started :P
I've been an amateur programmer for most of my life. I've learned a few languages along the way and find that as long as there are good resources for the language, I can learn to program in that language.

My advice to you is start by creating simple scripts that you can follow and understand. Try not tackling projects that are beyond you. Keep practicing. Apply new methods as you learn and understand them. The longer you stay with it the better you'll get at programming.

One last thing I want to point out, you could probably create a script that works as well as my script without it needing to be that complex. It would be longer but simpler. Don't think that to be a good script it needs to be complex.

And good luck.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

IronWolf

#23 Post by IronWolf » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:28 am

hey,
forgive my noobish question but, what is the "ingamefunctions" addon?

i've tried searching for it on this forum, on google, and on CurseForge.com, couldnt find this addon anywhere.
out of its name i thought mayB its an already existing folder in Runes Of Magic client, searched there, cant find it there also.

i've got SVN installed and updated, the script still gives me that error, regarding my ingamefunctions being out of date.

if you could refer me to a guide or a link to install that addon i would be very grateful :]
thank you in advance.

--==edit==--

never mind, im stupid... if i was actually reading the msg.....
("copy the folder from rom/devtools....")

--==edit2=--
buddy, you rock, sweet script!
works perfectly, thanks alot :]

imorpheusi

#24 Post by imorpheusi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:15 am

the Script ist nice!!!

MillersRanchMilk:
but when only farming the weed and only AcceptQuest and CompleteQuest is better because then the char dont ever running ^^

one script for only farming weed and one script for only AcceptQuest and CompleteQuest

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 am

imorpheusi wrote:the Script ist nice!!!

MillersRanchMilk:
but when only farming the weed and only AcceptQuest and CompleteQuest is better because then the char dont ever running ^^

one script for only farming weed and one script for only AcceptQuest and CompleteQuest
One script for weed is easy.

Code: Select all

<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="4055" z="3291">
			player:target_Object(112953,7000,true)
	</waypoint>
You don't need a separate script for the npc. If you use my MillarsRanchMilk script, it wont go for weed if you already have enough.

How many weeds will you collect before going to get the milk? I could do 1 script that collects x number of weeds before going to collect the milk. Wouldn't that be better?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Valleyguy

#26 Post by Valleyguy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:54 am

rock5 wrote:

MillersRanchMilk:

</waypoint>
You don't need a separate script for the npc. If you use my MillarsRanchMilk script, it wont go for weed if you already have enough.

How many weeds will you collect before going to get the milk? I could do 1 script that collects x number of weeds before going to collect the milk. Wouldn't that be better?
lol I myself usually do 200 sacks / weeds manually b4 running your script i have just been too lazy to modify yours lol. it does make the thing go much faster then running back and forth for 6 every time just faster to harvest up 200 - 400 then run the bot

Weeds i use the spot where 5 spawn near the trainer guy by the time you harvest #5 #1 is spawned again

sacks i just run back and forth between the barns

imorpheusi

#27 Post by imorpheusi » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:16 am

rock5 wrote:

MillersRanchMilk:

</waypoint>

Hm this script dont working for me
i mean farming all Weed on the map :)

- when i stop this script so long farming

Valleyguy

#28 Post by Valleyguy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:57 pm

imorpheusi wrote: Hm this script dont working for me

- when i stop this script so long farming
I dont quite follow what you are trying to say here but i think you might want to learn a little bit about waypoint files before you cut and paste snippets into a file and expect it to run ... his waypoint does work if you put it into a correct file format.

far as running around all over the place you can make that file your self make a waypoint file with a circle path to each grass area and then edit it and insert the player:target_Object(112953,7000,true) before the </Waypoint> at each waypooint you want to harvest grass at stop the bot when your full of grass and start the milk bot. the milk bot will just milk and turn in the quest untill your grass runs out then will start to self harvest again

research it a bit yourself on how this all works at the wiki and you'll find its really pretty simple to do.
http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.p ... le=RoM_Bot

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Valleyguy wrote:lol I myself usually do 200 sacks / weeds manually b4 running your script i have just been too lazy to modify yours lol. it does make the thing go much faster then running back and forth for 6 every time just faster to harvest up 200 - 400 then run the bot

Weeds i use the spot where 5 spawn near the trainer guy by the time you harvest #5 #1 is spawned again

sacks i just run back and forth between the barns
I understand the logic of of collecting weeds continuously at the 5 weed spot but I don't understand why you would run back and forth between the barns for the sacks. If you want to reduce running around, running back and forth between barns is not going to save you time. I suspect it would actually take longer as the distance between the barns is further than the distance between the first barn and the npc.
imorpheusi wrote:
rock5 wrote:

</waypoint>
Hm this script dont working for me
Oops sorry I made a mistake I meant,

<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="3938" z="3406">
			player:target_Object(112954,7500,true)
	</waypoint>
And why would you want to waste time running from weed to weed when you can collect as much as you want in one place?

Anyway if you want to collect a certain number of weeds before collecting milk, just exchange waypoint 5 of MillersRanchMilk with this code. It's currently set to collect 100 before collecting milk.

<!-- #  5 --><waypoint x="3938" z="3406" tag="get_herb">
		repeat weeds = RoMScript("GetBagItemCount(204788)") until weeds
		while 100 > weeds do
			player:target_Object(112954,7500)
		end
		__WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("npc"));
	</waypoint>

imorpheusi

#30 Post by imorpheusi » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:42 pm

yeah this works nice :)

Valleyguy

#31 Post by Valleyguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:09 pm

rock5 wrote:
I understand the logic of of collecting weeds continuously at the 5 weed spot but I don't understand why you would run back and forth between the barns for the sacks. If you want to reduce running around, running back and forth between barns is not going to save you time. I suspect it would actually take longer as the distance between the barns is further than the distance between the first barn and the npc.
True but feeding 1 chicken all 6 feed bags and failing 6 times and running back and forth till you get all 3 chickens squattin on their duff can be just as time consuming i find the manual run back and forth between barns is i run it fast enough that by the time i return to the first barn is just re spawning i do it for the 100 - 200 prior to your bot if i want to run for some gold eggs quickly cause then the bot sits and feeds the little bastard till they are stuffed :)

dono its probably playing with my mind but it does seem faster I KNOW the grass is much faster per quest over time to collect in advance and just milk/turnin the grass is a very fast spawn pick it till your full just takes the time to pick it in one spot then milk for life :)

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:48 pm

Valleyguy wrote:True but feeding 1 chicken all 6 feed bags and failing 6 times and running back and forth till you get all 3 chickens squattin on their duff can be just as time consuming i find the manual run back and forth between barns is i run it fast enough that by the time i return to the first barn is just re spawning i do it for the 100 - 200 prior to your bot if i want to run for some gold eggs quickly cause then the bot sits and feeds the little bastard till they are stuffed :)

dono its probably playing with my mind but it does seem faster
On second thought, I thought maybe you were right and it might be quicker because to get 3 sacks my way requires a round trip to the 1st barn but to do it your way only requires a 1 way trip between barns. But I had a closer look at the game and noticed you have to practically pass over by the npc waypoint when running between barns so it's impossible for it to save time.

I think we can just chalk it up to it "playing with your mind". :)

jackal123

#33 Post by jackal123 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:13 pm

I get this error

attempt to call global 'getqueststatus' a nil value

Valleyguy

#34 Post by Valleyguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:21 pm

jackal123 wrote:I get this error

attempt to call global 'getqueststatus' a nil value
either A. your SVN is not up to date or buggered... if so suggest a full delete of everything inside the rom folder and do a full SVN update (save your stuff ofc. waypoints / profiles)

Or B. you didnt install and get working the addon located in dev tools... go into the rom(bot) folder and find the folder in dev tools called "ingamefunctions" this is the addon you have to copy this folder to your /Runes of Magic/Interface/Addons folder

jackal123

#35 Post by jackal123 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:25 pm

I copied the ingame to my rom addons already guess i'll try a full delete

Valleyguy

#36 Post by Valleyguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 pm

rock5 wrote:
Valleyguy wrote:True but feeding 1 chicken all 6 feed bags and failing 6 times and running back and forth till you get all 3 chickens squattin on their duff can be just as time consuming i find the manual run back and forth between barns is i run it fast enough that by the time i return to the first barn is just re spawning i do it for the 100 - 200 prior to your bot if i want to run for some gold eggs quickly cause then the bot sits and feeds the little bastard till they are stuffed :)

dono its probably playing with my mind but it does seem faster
On second thought, I thought maybe you were right and it might be quicker because to get 3 sacks my way requires a round trip to the 1st barn but to do it your way only requires a 1 way trip between barns. But I had a closer look at the game and noticed you have to practically pass over by the npc waypoint when running between barns so it's impossible for it to save time.

I think we can just chalk it up to it "playing with your mind". :)
well maybe but walking right by the NPC and feeding chickens is 2 different things its a 5s feed to feed fail a chicken now with 200 sacks in inventory you'll still feed fail but say (and this has happened while watching the bot) I am trying to feed 3 chickens b4 i goto the barn right on avg this will take 10 bags of feed thats 2 trips to the barn + wp <> feed time fails .. so in the end I am cutting out all that back and forth and feeding at the same time to get to pulling out eggs if i just mass collect 10 - 20 bags at the start no more wp running around during the farming... i have seen your bot run back and forth to the feed barn up to 3 times to get a full 3 fed chickens sometimes....

the stumper here is am i not wasting that time either a sitting at 1 barn waiting for the bags to re-spawn (3-5s) or running back and forth between the barns = same wasted time i am sure i'll have to time it sometime :) cant now currently running a optimize on my 2tb raid and its taking forever :)

jackal123

#37 Post by jackal123 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Redid the svn update, and it worked, but he just collects feed bags and stops at waypoint 1.

Valleyguy

#38 Post by Valleyguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:34 pm

jackal123 wrote:I copied the ingame to my rom addons already guess i'll try a full delete
I had the same problems you had when i first started with this scripting / micromacro i had to do a full delete and SVN update to get it to function correctly (i didnt dl it by SVN orginally i used the zip in the min forum as a base package which messed it up more. but your error was identical as mine it wouldnt get quests and that call comes from the addon ...

test it in game with typing this into the chat box:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(IGF_INSTALLED==true) 
It should return true.

if you don't see the word true or it just doesn't respond at all then the add-ons not registering i run the curse client for my add-ons and i just used it to install and remove another add-on and something it does made the game see the add-on after i restarted it.

try all that and let me know.

Valleyguy

#39 Post by Valleyguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:35 pm

jackal123 wrote:Redid the svn update, and it worked, but he just collects feed bags and stops at waypoint 1.
after the full update did you copy the new add-on folder over top of the old one in your rom/interface/addons???

restart rom after this as well ... all the way out quit game then restart

jackal123

#40 Post by jackal123 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:41 pm

it doesnt do anything when i type that in, i got the curse client and it doesnt see it either. What should i do now?