Getting rid of the pause after killing?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
jammin007

Getting rid of the pause after killing?

#1 Post by jammin007 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:51 pm

So my RoM BOT is working great, except for one thing that is really bugging me... After killing a mob there is about a 2 second delay before it starts attacking the next mob (after looting also), even when there is another mob already aggro on me. So my question is how do you get rid of the pause after killing/looting a mob before it begins the attack sequence. It's more "BOTlike" to stand their getting hit than switching to the next mob imediately.

Thanks!

rock5

Re: Getting rid of the pause after killing?

#2 Post by rock5 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:01 am

jammin007 wrote:So my RoM BOT is working great, except for one thing that is really bugging me... After killing a mob there is about a 2 second delay before it starts attacking the next mob (after looting also), even when there is another mob already aggro on me. So my question is how do you get rid of the pause after killing/looting a mob before it begins the attack sequence. It's more "BOTlike" to stand their getting hit than switching to the next mob imediately.

Thanks!
First, I'm assuming you don't want to disable looting.

The pause is caused when the body has no loot and the bot waits for it to disappear before it is sure it can't be looted. At the moment there is no way for the bot to know the body can't be looted so that pause can't be avoided.

Another possible cause of a pause is if you are using a loot filter addon that is leaving loot on the body. You can test this by setting, whatever loot filter addon you are using, to "Loot all" and see if it's quicker. This can be fixed. What you need is a loot filter that loots all loot then discards the items you don't want. I use and recommend lootomatic for this purpose.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

jammin007

#3 Post by jammin007 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:13 am

Thanks, I think I figured it out from another post. It was the time to spend looting from the settings.lua--I just decreased that. It misses some loots, but I survive alot more now.

jpp

#4 Post by jpp » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:49 pm

the full answer is to decrease loot time and use QuickLoot addon.

MiesterMan

#5 Post by MiesterMan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:09 pm

I use lootfilter and it's really quick too. There's a few problems that cause slow loot and all can be fixed from changing rombot settings.

First is the one rock mentioned. There's a couple settings to prevent you from missing loot that cause this. First is the loot time (LOOT_TIME), which you can change in settings.lua; second is the root correction time (LOOT_AGAIN) which will give you extra time to loot if you don't loot in the given time (the bot works on the assumtion something held you back so you need more time to loot). I set mine to 500ms and 1000ms respectively and he loots like a pro on non-rooting monsters.

Now here's the debatable setting that I set to 0 cause I can't see a good reason for it. LOOT_PAUSE_AFTER is a probability of a pause after looting to make your gameplay loot more realistic. I already put rests in my waypoint files so I don't need these.

All three of these settings are under the profile section of your settings.lua file so you can make them settings in your profile too if you just want to change them for 1 char for the time being.

Hope I helped, enjoy! :)