Changing skills variables

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

Changing skills variables

#1 Post by rock5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 pm

I've been trying to figure out how to do this with no success.

I'd like to change the minrange value of MAGE_LIGHTING from within my profile.

Is there a command to do this or a variable I can change?

The reason:
Usually the value of 75 is good because Lightning is only really useful to keep mobs from reaching you but I have Icewind Blade so I always need it for the Lightning Rod debuff even if the mobs are in melee range.

Edit:
Never mind. I figured out that I had to use MinRange instead of minrange eg. database.skills.MAGE_LIGHTNING.MinRange. Haven't tested it yet but at least I'm getting the correct value.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

Re: Changing skills variables

#2 Post by rock5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Doesn't seem to work.

Changed database.skills.MAGE_LIGHTNING.MinRange to 0 in the onLoad section of my profile but Lightning doesn't caste when up close.

Any ideas?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Administrator
Site Admin

#3 Post by Administrator » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 pm

You should be changing settings.profile.skills.MAGE_LIGHTNING, not the database.

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 am

Administrator wrote:You should be changing settings.profile.skills.MAGE_LIGHTNING, not the database.
If I display settings.profile.skills.MAGE_LIGHTNING it says it's nil.

On further investigations it looks as though the skills are stored by number. eg; settings.profile.skills[5] for me is MAGE_LIGHTNING. So to change the minrange value I have to change settings.profile.skills[5].MinRange.

Looks like I will have to search for the skill before I can change the minrange value.

I did it like this;

Code: Select all

for k,v in pairs(settings.profile.skills) do
	if v.Name == "MAGE_LIGHTNING" then
		v.MinRange = 0
	end
end
Now it says it casts it after my Bone Chill but doesn't. Not sure what the problem is now.

Edit: Actually it looks like it casts Lightning sometimes. May be a timing or lag issue. I think I'll try an onSkillCast check for Bone Chill and cast Lightning from there.