PartyHeal add buff

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
cokebot

PartyHeal add buff

#1 Post by cokebot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:05 am

Hi, I want to to use the partyheal with a druid/warden which should buff my dps char with "WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD".
But I didn't get it work i already added the skill in the profile and skill.lua in <!-- Druid/Warden -->.
Thx for your help

rock5

Re: PartyHeal add buff

#2 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:30 am

It requires a new entry for the skill in the skills.xml database. It will be added under Druid/Warden Elites and I'll call it "DRUID_BRIAR_SHIELD".

I'll need to know a bit of information though.

Is the skill still instant caste?
How soon before you can caste the skill again?
What happens when you try to cast the skill onto another player before the first players buff wears off?
Do you get a buff as well when you use the skill on someone else? If so, what buff?
Can you still use it on yourself?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

cokebot

#3 Post by cokebot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:13 am

sry skill.lua wasn't the place where i added it.
I just did what you want to do, I also tested target="Party", but without any effect. Only the druid and one player can have the buff, if you buff an other player the first players buff disappears.
if the druid cast the buff on other players he also get the same buff.
<!-- Druid/Warden -->
<skill name="WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD" id="493642" range="250" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="friendly" buffname="503958" />
<skill name="DRUID_HEALING_RIPPLE" id="494323" range="250" type="heal" casttime="2" cooldown="0" target="friendly" />
<skill name="DRUID_MYSTERIOUS_GRACE" id="494372" range="100" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="party" buffname="505165" />
<skill name="DRUID_ESSENCE_EXTRACTION" id="494373" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="120" target="self" />
<skill name="DRUID_GRACE_OF_THE_FOREST" id="494937" range="0" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="self" buffname="505901"/>
<skill name="DRUID_SPIRIT_OF_LIFE" id="494938" range="0" type="hot" casttime="0" cooldown="240" target="self" />
<skill name="DRUID_GIFT_PULSE" id="499937" range="0" type="heal" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="self" nature="4" />

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:04 am

There is already a "WARDEN_BRIAR_SHIELD" so the one you added will conflict with that. It needs to have a different name. Seeing as only druids can use it we should prefix it with "DRUID". So try

Code: Select all

<!-- Druid/Warden -->
<skill name="DRUID_BRIAR_SHIELD" id="493642" range="250" type="buff" casttime="0" cooldown="0" target="friendly" buffname="503958" />
This means, of course, that you would have to use "DRUID_BRIAR_SHIELD" when stting up your druid/wardens profile skills.

I think "friendly" is correct. I think "party" is for skills that only work on party members. You need to check all the values though. Are you sure of the range? Because I see a few descriptions saying the range is 50.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

ZZZZZ

#5 Post by ZZZZZ » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 am

The issue with d/wd's Briar shield is that the buff only works on 1 player at a time (unless you bug it by having those that have already been buffed by it running out of memory range). So it'll only really work in a dps/healer party. Any more and it'll just spam it endlessly.

cokebot

#6 Post by cokebot » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:38 am

dps/healer party is just what I need it for and now it works perfectly,
ty

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:43 am

ZZZZZ wrote:The issue with d/wd's Briar shield is that the buff only works on 1 player at a time (unless you bug it by having those that have already been buffed by it running out of memory range). So it'll only really work in a dps/healer party. Any more and it'll just spam it endlessly.
Well, I would have got to once cokebot got it working. Although I suspect you are right and it can only be used in a 2 man team or maybe with some custom code to cast it only on a particular player.
cokebot wrote:dps/healer party is just what I need it for and now it works perfectly,
ty
Good to hear. So did you have to change the range? What was your final setup?