Question about mob targetting

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Jandrana

Question about mob targetting

#1 Post by Jandrana » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:19 pm

When running the KS_killzone_WIP script I noticed the bot attacking a mob that is not the closest one. In fact it looks like being the one, being the farthest away, maybe it is the first mob on the "found mobs list". Seems to me, that this mainly happens if mobs are being targeted while in a killzone.

Bug? Anybody else noticed this?

rock5

Re: Question about mob targetting

#2 Post by rock5 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:34 pm

Depending on how you set up your kill zones and when they are being applied, maybe you are targeting the closest mob in the kill zone even though there are closer mobs outside the kill zone.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Jandrana

Re: Question about mob targetting

#3 Post by Jandrana » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:54 am

Depending on how you set up your kill zones and when they are being applied, maybe you are targeting the closest mob in the kill zone even though there are closer mobs outside the kill zone.
I just rebuilt the killzone to be sure it is correct. No other adjacent killzone may interfere here. It is the room after going up the small stairs behind the Ousul Salamanders in Kalin Shrine. There are two Rune Guardian directly behind the stairs, and three Miserable Maids. Two Maids towards the right wall, one patrolling from left to right. The killzone is built to cover the whole room above the stairs, so all mobs are inside (otherwise they would not be targetted and killed).

The bot is killing the left Rune Guardian, which is correct. Then for some strange reason it is targeting one of the Maids standing at the right wall. The second Rune Guardian is much closer. I'm just wondering why...