Changelog 745 (RC3)

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

Re: Heads up! Big update comming. Looking for testers.

#101 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:05 pm

I can confirm, I seemed to have broken the attack with beta 4.1. I'm not exactly sure why the small changes are causing these problems but I know exactly which lines they are. So I should be able to figure it out.

On another note, in response to the cooldown issue, I was going to get it, and other values, from memory. But that's looking to be a bigger job than expected. So I'm putting that off for another time. Instead, as a temporary fix, I'm going to have it get the cooldown from the game using a RoMScript if it fails to cast.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#102 Post by botje » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:11 pm

rock5 wrote:I can confirm, I seemed to have broken the attack with beta 4.1. I'm not exactly sure why the small changes are causing these problems but I know exactly which lines they are. So I should be able to figure it out.

On another note, in response to the cooldown issue, I was going to get it, and other values, from memory. But that's looking to be a bigger job than expected. So I'm putting that off for another time. Instead, as a temporary fix, I'm going to have it get the cooldown from the game using a RoMScript if it fails to cast.
any luck fixing that bug rock5? because its really freaking me out :P

rock5

#103 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:28 pm

ok, I'll look at doing a 4.2. Shouldn't take long. I think it's close to a public release.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botje

#104 Post by botje » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:33 pm

nice, cant wait, died so many times because of this bug :P

rock5

#105 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:31 pm

Looks like I need to do some stuff first. I'll try to get it ready tomorrow.

rock5

#106 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:45 am

Beta 4.2 has been sent. I think we are close to a release. Well I hope so because I'm starting to get nightmares that this beta will never end. :cry:

I think I'll do at least 1 public release before committing so I can get the reaction of the community.

botje

#107 Post by botje » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:29 am

very nice, i dunno what you did, but it looks much betetr allready ^^

botje

#108 Post by botje » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:16 pm

1 thing i notice is that it didnt get rid of all failed casts, but its much better allready.

but it still keeps stopping the fight for no damage detected, while he actually does do damage O.o

rock5

#109 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:37 pm

Grrr..... I'm not encountering anything like that. Is it still with the warrior and those skills? How do other classes fare? And when it breaks with no damage, what skills did it use?

botje

#110 Post by botje » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:02 pm

yes this is warrior.

Code: Select all

Moving to waypoint #81, (2689, 1711)
Moving to waypoint #82, (2687, 1575)
Stopping waypoint: Target acquired.
Engaging enemy [Iron Rune Warrior] in combat.
Moving in | Suggested range: 50 | Distance: 68
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATT=>   Iron Rune Warrior (464873/464873)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_SLASH       =>   Iron Rune Warrior (417016/464873)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATT undercut GCD by 0.3=>   * Failed to cast *
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_SLASH       =>   Iron Rune Warrior (341543/464873)
Taking too long to damage target, breaking sequence...
Clearing target.
Current fight aborted.

rock5

#111 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:26 pm

Basically if you've done damage, which it looks like you have unless it was someone else, then you shouldn't get the "Taking too long to damage target" message. But I did notice that that message is also used in party.lua. Were you using one of the party waypoints? If so, I'll look in there, but I need to know first. Also did you add and change the MAX_FIGHT_TIME option in your profile?

botje

#112 Post by botje » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:29 pm

i run instance by myself, so its my damage, and no, my party is only used for reset, partner is in house.

didnt change fighttime at all.

botje

#113 Post by botje » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:48 am

sadly it didnt help :(

Use MACRO: WARRIOR_FRENZY      =>   Plump Hare (85585/123976)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_AGGRESSIVENE=>   Plump Hare (70140/123976)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATT=>   Plump Hare (47496/123976)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_SLASH       =>   Plump Hare (24347/123976)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATT undercut GCD by 0.4=>   Plump Hare (13644/123976
)
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_BLASTING_CYC=>   Plump Hare (3408/123976)
Taking too long to damage target, breaking sequence...
Clearing target.
Current fight aborted.
edit: hmm, i noticed it says i did damage with non damage skills xd
Last edited by botje on Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

nightclaw

#114 Post by nightclaw » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am

ya the champ and some the buffs you get failed casts some time you do some times you dont :/ and its all them not just serton 1s

rock5

#115 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:19 am

nightclaw wrote:ya the champ and some the buffs you get failed casts some time you do some times you dont :/ and its all them not just serton 1s
Still, I'd like to see which skills. I'd still like to see some output. Also do you have the following option in your profile
SKILL_USE_PRIOR?

botje

#116 Post by botje » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:02 pm

Use MACRO: WARRIOR_BLASTING_CYC=>
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_SLASH       =>
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_PROBING_ATTA=>
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_SLASH       =>
Use MACRO: WARRIOR_TACTICAL_ATT=>
Taking too long to damage target,
Clearing target.
Cast_to_target  0
MAX_SKILLUSE_NODMG      4
LastDamage      321.27
failed_casts_in_a_row   4
self.Casting    false
Target lost.
Current fight aborted.
Clearing target.

rock5

#117 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:58 am

@botje, you truncated the attacks but I'm assuming there wasn't 4 attack skills in a row that failed to cast.

What the printout tells me is that it breaked from the attack because of MAX_SKILLUSE_NODMG. That narrows it down but I can't see anything wrong with it. Basically it says in player:cast, when waiting for the skill to start casting "if it fails to start casting then print "casting aborted", add 1 to failed_casts_in_a_row then exit the function with a return. If it doesn't fail to cast then it sets failed_casts_in_a_row to 0".

So I can't see how you can get failed_casts_in_a_row to equal 4 unless there are actually 4 failed casts in a row. Mind you, it only counts attack skills. Is it possible there actually were 4 failed attack skills in a row but because there were other successful skills like buffs, it just looked like it wasn't working properly? But I can see from your other printout that it successfully did slash before breaking. I don't know, weird.

The only other possibility I can think of is maybe you have more than one issue causing the problem. I can't see the attack skills in this last example but maybe it worked as expected in this case. Maybe in that printout where Slash was cast before breaking that was a different issue and the debug printout would have been different?

rock5

#118 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:02 am

@botje, I think I got it. Reading values from memory sometimes fails. That's why most reads look like this

self.Variable = readmemoryaddress or self.Variable
That way if the read fails at least the variable still has it's old value.

But when I added the "LastDamage" variable, without thinking, I used

self.LastDamage = readmemoryaddress or 0
So if it fails to read memory it will set it to 0 which will make it break if already half way through the fight.

Hm... not that simple, dividing nil by 1000 would cause an error. Try changing line 431 of pawn.lua

function CPawn:updateLastDamage()
	self.LastDamage = (memoryReadRepeat("uint", getProc(), self.Address + addresses.pawnLastDamage_offset) or 0)/1000
end
to

function CPawn:updateLastDamage()
	local tmpLastDamage = memoryReadRepeat("uint", getProc(), self.Address + addresses.pawnLastDamage_offset)
	if tmpLastDamage then
		self.LastDamage = tmpLastDamage/1000
	end
end

nightclaw

#119 Post by nightclaw » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:47 am

rock5 wrote:
nightclaw wrote:ya the champ and some the buffs you get failed casts some time you do some times you dont :/ and its all them not just serton 1s
Still, I'd like to see which skills. I'd still like to see some output. Also do you have the following option in your profile
SKILL_USE_PRIOR?
no where would i put it at ?

rock5

#120 Post by rock5 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:02 am

nightclaw wrote: no where would i put it at ?
I'm not asking you to "put it", I'm asking if you had it. If you don't have it then it's using the default value. If you have it, it might be causing problems depending on it's value. So I'm guessing you don't have it. Good. So can you copy the MM output for me? Check my signature if you don't know how to copy from MM.