We need another loot option

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
rock5

We need another loot option

#1 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:03 am

LOOT_ALL is great but it still doesn't loot like I want it too.

What I want it to do (with ranged attackers anyway) is shoot every thing in range, then loot. At the moment, loot all is triggered as soon as you are out of combat, so if you attack a mob in a group then become out of combat, you end up running into a group of mobs who attack you while you are looting.

At first I thought I'd just add an option to change the way LOOT_ALL works. Lets call it LOOT_DELAY = true/false. If true then it only does the loot all when no more mobs are in range.

But then I thought, this is really only relevant to ranged attackers as there is no reason why a melee character can't loot bodies at it's feet right away. So maybe I should make this the default behavior for ranged attackers?

So what do you guys think? Just change the way it works for ranged attackers or add an option so all players can use it?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

M4gm4

Re: We need another loot option

#2 Post by M4gm4 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:35 am

I think that in an instance will there be problems. because thou hast ever opponent in range. therefore he would never loot, because he has always opponents there. or I do something wrong?
I use the google translator, so do not be surprised if my english is funny

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:27 am

The only problem I see is if you are killing mobs somewhere where they respawn faster than you kill them. If you are going to bot such an area you would want to turn off this option. Instances shouldn't be a problem as mobs usually don't respawn. I'm currently testing some code in ks. Works well. Just not sure of the best way to present the options.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

M4gm4

#4 Post by M4gm4 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:44 am

...and if you farm dailys in red mountain as n ranged ? they respawn very fast

kkulesza

#5 Post by kkulesza » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:40 am

I vote for adding an option :)

2 reasons:
-it would be good if i could set max distance from deadbody to next target alive.
-Rogues could also benefit from this option. Rogue can kill a group of mobs 1 by 1 from behind in hide mode, but he has to keep that melee(50) distance behind a target. If he picks up a loot then others mob will aggro. I use this method when I play manualy, because i don't know how to check if bot is behind a target or in front of him. I believe this is possible because there are "face direction" values for mobs and players somewhere in client's memory.

MiesterMan

#6 Post by MiesterMan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:52 am

I had made the suggestions "LOOT_GROUP" earlier but the post was lost. That would be the name of the next option.

LOOT_GROUP will imply LOOT_ALL whether LOOT_ALL is set or not. As respawn timing will be an issue I'd reccomend a differentation between instance zones and world zones (if there is one) that will pass the correct timing argument to the loot_group function.

The real challenge is having the function decide what small areas are "groups".

rock5

#7 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:20 am

I'm not looking to identify groups of mobs. That's too much work. All I'm doing is, once a target has been identified then it keeps killing all in range until there are no more in range. Then it loots. My idea is for ranged attacker. I'm not sure what would happen with melee fighers, as they move as they fight. I'll have to test it at some stage.

How to set up the options is confusing me a little. This is the way I'm thinking of setting them up.

LOOT - For any looting to occur, this must be true (same as before)
LOOT_IN_COMBAT - The only real need for this is if loot all is disabled and you don't want to miss any loots. Otherwise you would only loot the last mob out of combat. I think I'll just leave it as it is. If this is enabled then it will loot in combat regardless of other loot options.
LOOT_ALL - Depending on the LOOT_DELAY option, this will loot all nearby bodies after leaving combat or after there are no more targets in range. If this is false then LOOT_DELAY will have no effect.
LOOT_DELAY - If LOOT_ALL is enabled, if this is true then it waits until there are no more mobs nearby before looting, otherwise it loots all as soon as out of combat.

That's helped clear things in my mind a little.

To complicate things, I've been getting "Aggro wait time out" messages that I have to resolve. Also trying to work out why it doesn't loot some bodies.

M4gm4

#8 Post by M4gm4 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 am

hmmmm,,
you could do that yet so,

Code: Select all

player target
   set target position as temp waypoint (like a harvest point ?)
   if on targetpositionwaypoint(radius, 80) == more targets then 
     figth next Target
       check if another is there
         if true then fight next
   else go lootall on targetpositionwaypoint
   reset targetpositionwaypoint

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:51 am

Hm... but whats the point of that? Do you want it to only attack mobs in raduis of first mob? And ignore other mobs around you? With my option you can do somthing like that. Just say you have groups in areas of 50 radius. If you set COMBAT_DISTANCE to 150 (as an example) and MAX_TARGET_DIST to 200 then when it goes in range of the first mobe, the others should be in range too. So it will kill them all then loot. Distances are still limited by distance to path so meles shouldn't get pulled away too far.

M4gm4

#10 Post by M4gm4 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:57 am

yes,, in the radius of the 1th mob,,, then, if you kill first all mobs in radius like 150... then they need to long to respawn, or if there too much mobs ,, u kill and kill, and your loot goes away bevor you can lootém.
think about low chars with not so much power.
my idea was,, kill group,then loot,, not kill area, then loot area.

if you have 200 as combat distance,, theres no prob if you "findnearestmob of first mob", or ?

rock5

#11 Post by rock5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:07 am

I don't know why this is taking me so long to think through. lol

It occured to me last night that users might have characters that are melee/ranged combo. So when they are melee they might want to loot all as soon as out of combat and when ranged they might want to kill all first then loot. So one setting wont work.

I'm thinking now that I should not add an option but just change the behaviour of loot all for ranged. But then you have the problem of areas where mobs spawn faster than you can kill them. So we need an option to disable it for certain waypoint files. I don't really see a way to know automatically when they are spawning too fast and the option should be disabled.

I had another idea. What if after killing all mobs in range, instead of just going to the loot and possibly aggroing mobs near the loot, we use moveTo and check for mobs while moving to the loot. That way it should never get too close to mobs. It might cause unusual behaviour but worth a try.

rubenr

#12 Post by rubenr » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:36 am

Is it recomended to use Scout in KS?

Since it gets stuck in some stairs trying to aim at 1 mob... (used to happen to me all the time till i disable shot in my knight/scout)

rock5

#13 Post by rock5 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:37 am

You just have to keep a short MAX_COMBAT_DIST. About 90. At one point I actually fly to approach the mobs at the top of some stairs.

Mer-Ki-Vah

#14 Post by Mer-Ki-Vah » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:28 am

HI !
I had a problem with the lootall routine that did not pick up everything.
Therefore, I changed a bit since then everything, without exception, pick.
The code I attached, only to put distance monitoring. If you like to use.
Attachments
addon_LootEvery.lua
(964 Bytes) Downloaded 129 times

Romplayer

#15 Post by Romplayer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:18 pm

I have loot problems
We didn't move to the loot!? Root buff? Missing 'click to move' option?
after it looted the item and killed another monster and looted that moster.

Problem: it pauses too long and re loots the first dead monster
seems to have come up a lot after the past 2 revisions.

Another thing I was wondering is why the loot function happens twice?
Is it just me or does everyone else loot a dead monster then reopens the loot again? Is it the Lootomatic addon maybe? I am wondering this b/c im on a timer to do quests as fast as possible.

Romplayer

#16 Post by Romplayer » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:03 pm

I was thinking of maybe making a user function that loots everything and pickups everything

Code: Select all

SetBootFrameAutoTake(false); -- deactivate ingame-autolooting
		isAutoTakeBooty:Disable();   -- and disable the checkbutton
but monitors CHAT_MSG_SYSTEM_GET event and discards what "You have obtained <item>" unless specified by in the WP file. So basically making a kill machine that makes mobs spawn faster if hanging out in area. and bypassing Lootomatic. Plus you set only what you want to keep specifically.

rock5

#17 Post by rock5 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:12 am

Lootomatic should loot everything. The filter should only 'loot' or 'drop' items. Never use 'don't loot'. If you do that, it should be fine.