Malatina's survival

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
wulf

Re: Malatina's survival

#241 Post by wulf » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:52 am

evilband7 wrote:problem is your combat distance. set it to 50 and your bot will work fine.
This has solved my problem. Thanks!

rock5

#242 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 am

Why would you set COMBAT_DISTANCE to 30 or 25? It should be 50 minimum. Probably the reason it fails then is because the mobs are out of range. If that's the issue I could just add a check

Code: Select all

if settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE < 50 then
    settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE = 50
end
The one you set to 25 and it works was probably a melee class that moves closer so it was in range.

Wait a sec. If you manually set the COMBAT_DISTANCE to 30 then it will initially set the attack pattern to the melee pattern. But if you have an AOE it will change to the AOE attack pattern. That means that with a COMBAT_DISTANCE of 30 the mobs will be out of range.

Ok. SO I have to also add, if I find an AOE

if aoeskill.Range > settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE then
    settings.profile.options.COMBAT_DISTANCE = aoeskill.Range
end

I think that should fix everything. The problem was I assumed the COMBAT_DISTANCE would be the calculated distance the bot works out or something close. Didn't think you guys would set COMBAT_DISTANCE to melee ranges for a ranged attacker.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

rock5

#243 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:21 am

Damn. Just discovered another problem. It may be specific to warriors. My warrior has Surprise Attack so his COMBAT_DISTANCE is 150. So he ends up doing the ranged attack pattern. But he isn't able to use Surprise Attack because he's too close so he ends up killing only the close mobs and not seeing the further ones.

I think I may have to add

if settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE == "melee" then
end
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

wulf

#244 Post by wulf » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:30 am

rock5 wrote:Why would you set COMBAT_DISTANCE to 30 or 25? It should be 50 minimum.
I would set it to something in the aoe range. The char shall run into a mob-group and cast an aoe. Why a minimum of 50? This is the max range of most aoes!
rock5 wrote:The one you set to 25 and it works was probably a melee class that moves closer so it was in range.
it's a warrior.
rock5 wrote:If you manually set the COMBAT_DISTANCE to 30 then it will initially set the attack pattern to the melee pattern. But if you have an AOE it will change to the AOE attack pattern. That means that with a COMBAT_DISTANCE of 30 the mobs will be out of range.
Hmm, I dont understand this. It's something in the script? Normally a distance of 30 is in the aoe-range of 50?
rock5 wrote:I think that should fix everything.
Thanks! I will try it tomorrow.
rock5 wrote:Didn't think you guys would set COMBAT_DISTANCE to melee ranges for a ranged attacker.
Ahh, so it is not complete wrong to set the combat distance to 30.
My poor stated mage kills all the mobs in the minigames with purgatoryfire. That's faster! Only the smal bosses in the goblin mine get killed by flame.

rock5

#245 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:45 am

rock5 wrote:I think I may have to add

if settings.profile.options.COMBAT_TYPE == "melee" then
end
On second thought, can't do this as you might have viable ranged skills from your secondary class, eg. melee/scout. I can't just an exception for warriors because it could be, for example, a warrior/scout with viable ranged skills. I can't just disable Surprise Attack because that wouldn't change COMBAT_DISTANCE. I'd have to recheck the COMBAT_DISTANCE after disabling the skill, which is getting a bit complex. I'll see if I can think of a better way.
wulf wrote:I would set it to something in the aoe range. The char shall run into a mob-group and cast an aoe. Why a minimum of 50? This is the max range of most aoes!
I see your point.
wulf wrote:
rock5 wrote:If you manually set the COMBAT_DISTANCE to 30 then it will initially set the attack pattern to the melee pattern. But if you have an AOE it will change to the AOE attack pattern. That means that with a COMBAT_DISTANCE of 30 the mobs will be out of range.
Hmm, I dont understand this. It's something in the script? Normally a distance of 30 is in the aoe-range of 50?
I meant "out of range of being detected". If you notice, depending on if it is going to fight melee, small AOE or big AOE, it moves around in a different pattern and at different distances from the mob. When moving round with the AOE pattern, the closest mob will be 35 away. So when it looks for a valid mob to attack it wont find any in range. Sure, if it used the skill it would reach but it looks for the mob first. When it doesn't find any, it doesn't attack.
wulf wrote:My poor stated mage kills all the mobs in the minigames with purgatoryfire.
Why not Thunderstorm? Haven't reached that level yet?

wulf

#246 Post by wulf » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:29 am

rock5 wrote:I meant "out of range of being detected". If you notice, depending on if it is going to fight melee, small AOE or big AOE, it moves around in a different pattern and at different distances from the mob. When moving round with the AOE pattern, the closest mob will be 35 away. So when it looks for a valid mob to attack it wont find any in range. Sure, if it used the skill it would reach but it looks for the mob first. When it doesn't find any, it doesn't attack.
Ok, I understand.
rock5 wrote:Why not Thunderstorm? Haven't reached that level yet?
Probably because the fact that I manually run through goblinmine and spam purgatoryfire.
But now I think I can make it faster with Thunderstorm. With purgatoryfire he goes to a WP, detect one mob within MAX_TARGET_DIST, runs to the mob, cast purgatoryfire and runs back to the WP. Thats needless. I try Thunderstorm in the evening.

rock5

#247 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:07 am

wulf wrote:Probably because the fact that I manually run through goblinmine and spam purgatoryfire.
But now I think I can make it faster with Thunderstorm. With purgatoryfire he goes to a WP, detect one mob within MAX_TARGET_DIST, runs to the mob, cast purgatoryfire and runs back to the WP. Thats needless. I try Thunderstorm in the evening.
Well I was talking about survival. Purg kills 3 at a time, TS kills 5.

Well this is what I've done so far.
- Make sure COMBAT_DISTANCE is at least 50.
- If using AOE make sure COMBAT_DISTANCE is at least that much.
- Made a list for troublesome ranged skills, at the moment it has only Surprise Attack.
- Do a recheck of all the skills to get the highest range. It excludes all troublesome ranged skills and skills with casttime or cooldown times more than AllowSkillCastTime. I think that will work well, setting COMBAT_DISTANCE to your spamable skills range.
- If COMBAT_DISTANCE is more than this calculated value then it will be set to it.

Can you think of any other troublesome ranged skills that could be added to the list? Maybe Throw, 'cos if you don't have projectiles it wont work. Actually, with the check for castime and cooldown, Surprise Attack and Throw would already be excluded so maybe we don't need that extra list.

Time for some testing.

rock5

#248 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:29 am

On second thought, I don't think I'll compare AllowSkillCastTime to the Cooldowns because it's quite possible to have a few instant casts with long cooldowns and alternate between them to kill at a good speed. But maybe I'll compare the cooldown to about 6s. Anything 6s or less is included when calculating the COMBAT_DISTANCE. Ill see how that goes.

rock5

#249 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:06 am

Ah, just discovered, when you change zones you loose the COMBAT_DISTANCE setting. It reverts back to what it was.

Anyway, making progress.

rock5

#250 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:46 am

I'm having trouble dealing with ranged skills. I think I will go back to basing the attack range on if the COMBAT_TYPE is "melee" or not. The only exception is if scout is your secondary. The logic behind this is if you are a melee then you will have str and dex stacked etc. So even if you have mage/priest/druid etc. as secondary giving you magic ranged attacks, you wont have the stats to make them viable. Whereas scout skills will benefit from the stats you have, possibly making Shot a viable spamming ranged attack. (This is not including elites).

So the logic will be something like this

if COMBAT_DISTANCE > 50 and COMBAT_TYPE == melee and player.Class2 ~= CLASS_SCOUT then
    COMBAT_DISTANCE = 50
end
I'll see if that works.

rock5

#251 Post by rock5 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:58 am

Version 2.70

Finally finishing updating. Initially this was supposed to be a small update just addressing a few issues but I ended up doing more.

Changes:

- Added many extra checks for the skills and COMBAT_DISTANCE. That should put an end to the character getting confused and running around the place.
- Added extra checks for trash damage that should speed up the attacks.
- Finding mobs in range now calculated from players start position so characters, melee in particular, wont get pulled away from the attack pattern.

Hm... doesn't look like much but it was more work than it sounds like.

I'm very pleased with how well this version runs. Enjoy.

wulf

#252 Post by wulf » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Thanks, I will try it next week!

grande

#253 Post by grande » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Posted in error, me thinks

Rickster

#254 Post by Rickster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 am

I have set this in my profile:

<skill name="PRIEST_URGENT_HEAL"		modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="110" hpper="60"  />
		<skill name="PRIEST_REGENERATE"			modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="100" hpper="80" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_SHOCK_INSTANT" 		modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="95"  inbattle="false"/>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_CHARGE"				modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="90" inbattle="false" />
		<skill name="KNIGHT_WHIRLWIND_SHIELD"	modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="86" autouse="false"/>
		<skill name="PRIEST_RISING_TIDE"		modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="85" inbattle="false" autouse="false"/>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_MANA_RETURN"   		modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="80"/>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_PUNISHMENT"   		modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="70"/>
		<skill name="KNIGHT_HOLY_STRIKE"  		modifier="" hotkey="MACRO" priority="60"/>
but it does not use whirlwindshild :(
Do you know why?

When I have set

When_Finished = "end"
the script ends with this error:

[string "..."]:30: Ending script
is this correct? It looks so incomplete ;)

Ric
Last edited by Rickster on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ego95

#255 Post by Ego95 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:28 am

Maybe beacause of the

autouse="false"

Rickster

#256 Post by Rickster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:33 am

i do not think so, because Rock told in post no. 1:
rock5 wrote:You can even set 'autouse="false"' if you don't want it to interfere with your regular botting. This script will enable the AOE skill to clear the initial Trash mobs then disable it for attacking the other spawned mobs.

rock5

#257 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:09 am

To clear the initial trash mobs, only spammable aoe skills are viable otherwise it would take too long. At the moment the only enabled aoe skills are Purgatory Fire, Thunderstorm, Ignite and Power of the Wood Spirit. You can still use other AOE skills as part of your normal attack sequence but they wont be enabled for you and wont be used for the initial trash mobs.

Rickster

#258 Post by Rickster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:56 am

hm, ok. got that. so you disable wirlwindshild for knights, right. although this speeds up my trash mob sequence to under 45secs clearing the trash, without WWS it takes me over 2 mins with single target skills. but nevermind, i will write some settings to change the skills on my wishes.

other big point i can´t get over

Wir gehen zum Wegpunkt #3, (2586, 2789)
Wir gehen zum Wegpunkt #4, (2606, 2843)
Clearing trash...
Swimhack ACTIVATED!
Player Teleported to X: 2680    Z: 2913 Y: 18
here bot stops, not using any skills, hovering in the air, waiting in an infinite loop. when restarting survivalR5 at this point, char swims back a little, than does its job as it should.

rock5

#259 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 am

Rickster wrote:hm, ok. got that. so you disable wirlwindshild for knights, right. although this speeds up my trash mob sequence to under 45secs clearing the trash, without WWS it takes me over 2 mins with single target skills. but nevermind, i will write some settings to change the skills on my wishes.
Actually I think you can use it. Add the skill. Remove the autouse="false". It should still visit the mobs one by one but it will use the aoe like any other skill.
Rickster wrote:here bot stops, not using any skills, hovering in the air, waiting in an infinite loop. when restarting survivalR5 at this point, char swims back a little, than does its job as it should.
Does it happen all the time? If not, is there a pattern as to when it happens? Are you using the latest version of survival?

Rickster

#260 Post by Rickster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 am

I used 2.51 until yesterday. all running fine.
then changed to 2.71. i did not change anything, except the next wp file to load.
it happens with all chars i use: scout, knight, priest

[edit] i just remember one thing. all chars come from a sequence of wp files where i also change some profile options. don´t know which right now, but i will check that. and what is more important, i think i changed your survivalR5 to reload profile options before starting ... i will report back, when i checked this. have to wait one day to get malatina reset.